Delta Defense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Delta Defense

2.7

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Defense (Portsmouth, VA) in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, standard interviews questions. Gave a great overview of company Culture and Mission. Gave a positive impression of the type of people they want to hire. I am glad to see they are not just looking for a body to fill a role, they are looking for the right fit for the company and the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work History?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Delta Defense (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2019.

Interview

Phone interview
    Essay
    Another phone interview
    Video sales presentation and video interview

Delta only has call center background which explains the excessive process and two week training requirement at their facility outside of Milwaukee. Although they ask for an essay and video interview I got the feel that they didn’t know how to process the information/results. Many new processes being developed and some trial-and-error coming from them as far as ramping up a national sales force.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are aligned with our core values? Why or why not?   1 Answer
    • Do you think it’s beneficial for a company to articulate their core values?   1 Answer

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Delta Defense in November 2018.

Interview

I applied and got a phone interview. I spoke with HR and then had a follow up call with a department manager. I spent a total of about 45 minutes between the two of them. After that, I never heard anything from Delta Defense again. They did not email or call me to let me know I was not selected to move forward.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on your coworkers carrying (concealed carry) at work?   1 Answer

Marketing Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Delta Defense (West Bend, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

After a brief phone interview, I was asked to write an essay on the subject of their core values and the importance of promoting core values as a company. During the same call, HR set up a time and date for a panel interview. Three members of their marketing team were present, and their director of HR joined us after the first 30 minutes. Everyone was professional, attentive, and passionate about their mission.

Several Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Delta Defense (West Bend, WI).

Interview

Painful. It was painful. The actual interview, if and when you get one, is not bad. The issue is with the HR person and the length of time between contacts. She seemed quite unintelligent, and would give canned responses to missed deadlines such as "we hire slowly, but fire rapidly." They are all about how wonderful and honest they are, but are incapable of doing what they say they will do within the promised time frame. If you interview, be prepared for an excruciatingly slow process, where you will follow up numerous times, and then get lied to about what is happening and what will happen. Eventually, the HR person will just ignore your requests. The interview was very casual, with 3-8 people interviewing you. There were numerous instances of the interviewers using foul language, so quite unprofessional, and confrontational. Common courtesy when someone spends hours preparing an essay, comes in for several hours and rounds of interviews, and a few open houses is to at least have the decency to give a clear answer. If you hire someone else, let a person know. Don't string them along. Also, after this outrageous process, don't invite someone to an open house, and make them go through this all over again.

Care Advisor Interview

Interview

I have had many interviews with this company by phone and in person. The interviews are with groups, which is not as intimidating as you would think. Before coming in for interview, they have you write an essay on the core values. This helped me get to know the company so that was great. After my interview for the Social Care Advisor position, I was given an additional assignment responding to pages of questions written on social media. It literally took me hours. Once I turned it in, I didn’t even hear back from the hiring team.

Interview Questions

• What kind of people do you hate the most?   1 Answer
    • Do you like Star Wars?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Defense (West Bend, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview that went well and got invited to interview in person. They had me write an essay about their core values before the in person interview. Sat down for the interview with a three person interview group in a too hot room, while the interviewers complied it was cold. I got the impression I was being tested, and I just said I didn’t think it was cold in the room. They spent very little time on my skills or if I was capable of doing the job, and lots of time on their corporate culture. I had the feeling they wanted grand stories about how I overcame obstacles single handedly with my winning personality of pure positivity. The interview ended with a strong suggestion not to contact them, with a note about a long hiring timeline and I never heard anything back.

Observations: Beautiful new building with lots of collaboration niches (that no one was using in the middle of a work day), a giant commons area (that no one was using), and a large open office meant for information free flow (that was dead silent). They are very obsessed with their culture and that everyone fits into it. They made note serval times that they fire people fast. I didn’t like that they seemed to be testing me with the room temperature, using swear words, the stairs, and other odd non job related things.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bend, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Delta Defense (West Bend, WI).

Interview

3 people participated in the interview after a phone screening. The representative from the sales department was incredibly rude and accused me of being late (I was 2 minutes early and sat in the waiting room for 15 minutes). They also gave a computer skills test on a laptop with no mouse shoved in the corner of a cramped office. Very unprofessional all around.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you helped out a teammate."
      I described a mentoring program I developed from my experience of helping out a struggling teammate. After I concluded, the interviewer said, "You didn't actually do anything, though, did you? "   1 Answer