KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 77 of over 77 reviews

4.5
Delta Defense President and CEO  Tim Schmidt
Tim Schmidt
Pros
  • "The core values are like non other(in 7 reviews)

• "Delta Defense has an extremely strong and positive culture(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "With the fast growth comes growing pains that are typical of a corporation scaling up(in 3 reviews)

• "The Core Values are strictly enforced among lower level employees, but higher level employees are given leeway to operate outside of the core values(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best company ever!

Nov 21, 2021 - Sales Associate in Milwaukee, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic culture and people helping support 2nd amendment rights! Provide employee counseling- they hire the entire person and help people overcome their former obstacles.

Cons

Only cons are ones you create for yourself!

Manager, Community Relations and Culture

Thanks for your review! As you know, we have a core value regarding the importance of a "growth mindset." Therefore, we act on that and give our team members tools to build their skills both personally and professionally.

2. 5.0

Dream Company

Jan 19, 2022 - Training Specialist in West Bend, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is something that I didn't even know was possible to exist. I have been able to grow so much in my 2.5 years here, with tremendous support from every single individual along the way. I look forward to coming to work (either physically or remotely) every single day because of the relationships that I have built with my team here. The culture is like nothing I have ever experienced and everyone just cares about everyone so much. This decision to work here ha been the best decision I have ever made in my professional life.

Cons

A lot of remote staff currently so I don't get to see everyone every day.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Cult Like Organization

Jan 17, 2022 - Account Executive in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Paychecks cash, and they have an hr department

Cons

cult like company culture. Very odd and controlling. This is a company that values management's egos and asks you to go out of your way to not offend their thin skinned executive staff. Also, don't mention the word nepotism very loudly. Every relative but the family dog works for this company and they are trying to work her in as a mascot.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Awesome Place To Work

Jan 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great atmosphere - Supportive culture - Decent benefits

Cons

- Political - Frequent Changes

Manager, Community Relations and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and being part of growing team! We appreciate your commitment to our company!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

We save lives!

Dec 29, 2021 - HR-Talent Acquisition in West Bend, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Authentic leadership, uniquely positive company culture.

Cons

Not finding any cons here!

Manager, Community Relations and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! Yes, we are mission driven here at Delta Defense and we do save lives!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Financial Stability Found

Jul 22, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Make your own schedule based on your partners needs -VERY generous commission structure -Support from District Manager -HQ is consistently working to support the role and help with team success -While competitive, teammates help each other in any way possible -Sales Incentives and recognition to the Top Account Executives Once you as an individual have a what you consider your capacity of accounts/partners, your job becomes servicing the partners and presenting in their classes. It’s important to find larger partners, but the balance is important as well. In 2020, I was “tapped out” in terms of not doing anymore business development, so my job consists of just account management and class presentations. Because of the commission structure, I made well over 150k working 30 hours a week. However, this is not going to be the same for everyone.

Cons

-This role is mostly a weekend job, which is tough -Not at all locations are created equal -The fast growth sometimes leads to disconnects between HQ and the Account Executives across the country

3 people found this review helpful

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for being part of growing Account Executive team! We do want to hear from you! Please share your suggestions in your weekly department meetings or in one on one meeting with your manager.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

not as it was advertised

Dec 21, 2021 - Call Center Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home is nice

Cons

micro management of every word you say impossible to please

2 people found this review helpful

Manager, Community Relations and Culture

Thanks for your review, and it appears that our call center team role was not a fit for you personally. We have grown our Customer Engagement team across the US in recent years and we hear the positive feedback on the work from home experience. Our robust training program for new hires, continues with ongoing training. We also have a quality team that reviews and coaches on ways we can improve. We are always striving to give our members exemplary customer service.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Passionate-Genuine-Ambitious

Aug 10, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Through my interactions with Delta over the last 12 months, I have found them to stand apart from the typical "corporate mentality" in terms of their desire to be human beings instead of robots. Additionally, they have a fire at their core that drives their desire to have real and significant positive impacts on peoples lives, and they view the product they offer as a mission just as much as a revenue generator...they truly believe in what they do! So far, they have been efficient, fair, communicative, and talented. Overall..at this point I would classify them as a truly great group of people to surround.

Cons

None to speak of in my first year of a professional relationship with the company. They truly care about their mission and their employees.

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Thanks for joining our growing Account Executive Team! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts as a relatively new hire. At Delta Defense, LLC we are driven each and every day by our mission to save lives and our core values! We know that Delta Defense Team Members wake up each day, knowing they are supported and we are all here for the same reason.

9. 5.0

Amazing culture

Nov 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities both personal and professional

Cons

Headquarters in very small town

Manager, Community Relations and Culture

Thanks for the review, and we love being part of "small town" West Bend! We have a lot to offer right here, it is a great place to work and live!

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Decent

Dec 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company tries to do the right thing. The company supports it's employees. They are fully vested in their values, maybe sometimes to a fault.

Cons

Going through a lot of growing pains. Lacks organization and thoughtful strategy.

Manager, Community Relations and Culture

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review on your past employee experience with us. We agree, we are growing! We added almost 300 new team members in 2021 alone! With that kind of growth, there can be some some challenges in communication. We heard these concerns and responded. Therefore, we are rolling out a new company communication resource in January of 2022. We also have all of our Leadership share company updates at our weekly all company meeting.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews

Delta Defense Reviews FAQs

87% of Delta Defense employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Delta Defense 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Delta Defense to be benefits, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Delta Defense Job Seekers