Delta Defense Reviews | Glassdoor

Delta Defense President and CEO Tim Schmidt
Tim Schmidt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"I am going to retire from here!"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time

Pros

You will not see a company culture like this anywhere else. Executives are friendly and personable. No matter where you work in the company, your voice will be heard. You get to know people from all parts of the company. It really does feel like a family.

You can be yourself. You are encouraged to be creative and innovative. You are fairly compensated and are valued as a person.

Cons

If you don't believe in the mission, then you won't believe your work is important.

Advice to Management

Great job!

Feb 9, 2018

Thanks for a GREAT review! We're lucky to have people like you as part of our family!

2. "The best place I've worked"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time

Pros

I've worked at a number of places in the Milwaukee area, including some that have qualified as "Best Places to Work". Because of what I've seen at those previous jobs, I'm hesitant to acknowledge that as a positive indicator for a company. In many cases it's just a marketing tool used to gain exposure for new clients and employees. At Delta, I honestly think the title means something.

Yes, there are a lot of small benefits that you'll hear about, like free coffee and nice offices. People that have worked in certain sectors have seen those things aplenty, though. However, there are certainly things that Delta does significantly better than other places: a fun and friendly atmosphere, willingness of leadership to focus on the tough issues and find a solution, and openness to new technology and methodology.

Cons

It feels like some things in the company are in a constant state of being changed. It comes from growing so quickly, so with time the company will find its way, but to get there it's had to try out a number of different approaches.

I'm also a bit of an introvert and sometimes it'd be nice to walk down a hall and NOT have everyone wish me a good morning, but I suppose that's another good problem to have.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing, but be careful not to change simply for the sake of change. Once something works, let's stick with that for a bit and see if it gets even better with time.

Nov 15, 2018 – Human Resources Director

Thanks for sharing your time and perspective - we appreciate your feedback and being part of Team Delta!

3. "Best. Place. To. Work. Ever."

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pretty much everything about this place is amazing!! Wouldn't to be anywhere else!

Cons

Sometimes our catered in Thursday lunches aren't the tastiest.

4. "Marketing Team"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time

Pros

The pace is fast. Lots of opportunity to learn. Powerful mission that I believe in.

Cons

Can be a bit chaotic sometimes. Company is growing very fast and that can cause confusion.

Advice to Management

Please continue to hire strong players and help the weak ones improve.

5. "BEST COMPANY EVER"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture, People, Workplace, and More

Cons

There is nothing that I can say negatively about this workplace.

6. "Amazing Culture, Amazing Opportunities"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at Delta Defense full time for about five years, and I've had the opportunity witness and contribute to some of the fastest, most amazing growth during that time.

Learning & Growth Environment: Working for Delta Defense provide endless opportunities for education, personal and professional development. This company believes in investing in their employees to succeed at their job and in their day to day life. Motivation and opportunities for growth are abundant here.

The Culture: This company is run on a strong set of core values that contribute to the amazing culture that has been maintained through several years of rapid growth. The culture at Delta Defense is family-oriented, outwardly minded and facilitates open communication across all levels.

Cons

If you work here, you have to be able to accept and adapt to change. The reason this company is so successful and grows at such an amazing rate is because the leadership is willing to implement changes that achieve rapid results.

Additionally, it's hard work that results in shared success. If you're looking for a job that isn't going to be challenging, and one that doesn't require dedication and hard work don't apply at Delta Defense. Without hard work, there is no growth.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, I'm very grateful for my place at Delta Defense.

7. "Great company culture and benefits"

I worked at Delta Defense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing company culture which really feels like a second family
    - Great 401k program
    - Management pays for extensive on-site and off-site professional training
    - Awesome gym facility
    - Catered lunches
    - Transparent leadership in which the CEO embraces an open door policy
    - Work hard play hard attitude
    - Incredibly fast growing company
    - Free books, coffee, and snacks

Cons

- Once a year performance review means you only get once chance every year for a compensation adjustment. If management and you don't see eye to eye you have to wait another whole year before trying to get salary adjusted. This is troublesome for people who work there and I hope management can fix it.
    - Depending on the position you work the work/life balance can often times weigh heavily on the side of work
    - As the company has grown larger office politics and red tape have become increasingly common, something which I hope management can fix.
    - Messy org chart and lack of clearly defined responsibilities at times can often lead to position confusion or burn out

Advice to Management

Keep the culture, ditch the politics and red tape which has become an emerging trend. Fix the review process. This has been an amazing place to work which has always had an entrepreneurial spirt, don't let the spirit be dampened with politics and red tape.

"Started from The Bottom Now I'm Here"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was hired several years after I completed my Bachelor's degree (Was working in an unrelated field). Started in an entry level position in Member Services - Within five months I was in marketing and three years into my employment I'm in a Project Management position.

Upper management is focused on helping me expand my abilities as a marketer. They've sent me (and many others) to multiple marketing conferences, purchased any learning material I've requested, and continually encourage me to continue to expand your role in the company.

They involve everyone in the company in the decisions that affect our entire organization. Everyone's opinion is valid.

Cons

The company is incredibly fast moving. If you don't embrace change, you're not going to be comfortable.

Advice to Management

There's no better feeling than seeing someone promoted from within. It gives me continued desire to keep pushing to improve the areas of the company I have control over and to continue pushing to advance in my career.

Oct 10, 2017

You're an ultimate success story! We're lucky to have you.

9. "The culture is real"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time

Pros

The culture is exactly what you're reading that it is. Fast, fun, exciting, rewarding, encouraging, and positive.
    Everyone here feels like they won the "job lottery".

Cons

If you're not dedicated to learning, improving, and developing, you won't make it.

"I can't believe this place exists"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Bend, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Bend, WI

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced work
    Family atmosphere
    Awesome happy hour once a month
    Leadership team truly cares about you as a person and not just an employee.
    You are able to excel in your position if you work for it.

Cons

Sometimes there are communication issues between departments.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work!

Oct 10, 2017

Thanks for the kind and honest feedback!