Delta Defense Reviews

1. 5.0

Great

Apr 22, 2021 - Call Center Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Culture, Office, Team, Training

Cons

none, it's a great company

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing, Caring Culture

Apr 13, 2021 - Senior Front End Web Developer in West Bend, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO speaks to the entire company weekly about things he really believes in and tries to practice himself to make life in general better for everyone as well as improving the workplace culture and productivity. You'd be extremely lucky to find a workplace that cares more about values and culture and strives to live them out.

Cons

Isn't keeping up with salary increases over the past decade (at least in the tech sector). They're only comparing themselves to other companies in the region and WI doesn't have high living expenses, so they tend to have lower wages as well (though they have pretty good benefits). Now that COVID has made so much more work remote, they need to jump way up to compete even a little bit. Also, the IT team is almost 100% remote now, so it's much more difficult to build up close relationships than it was previously.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Better than I expected

Apr 6, 2021 - Account EX in West Bend, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I read the reviews when interviewing and I was surprised because I've only seen one or two other companies that legitly had great reviews from nonmanagers. The company right from the start valued and understood that its new employees need to get launched properly. They don't go cheap in training you, and they do a great job of creating an immediate team feeling. You feel like you can talk to anyone from the CEO on down, and you will!

Cons

The biggest con I think for the position is your job will really test your ability to sell and also your ability to bounce back from rejection. Not everyone can take "NO" over and over and maintain a good attitude but if you can, this job is very lucrative

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Thanks for the review. We know that our investment in our team members benefits everyone. We want to make sure that we train and offer the tools so our team members can confidently assist our members or our partners and provide an unprecedented customer experience. Thanks for being part of our growing Account Exec Team (Outside Sales)!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Apr 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work at.

Cons

Sometimes too much stuff going on.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Growth Opportunity

Mar 29, 2021 - Finance in West Bend, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, WFH flexibility, steady work, personal growth opportunities

Cons

Fast pace, growth might be too fast for some people, mostly young people

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! We know that our people are our biggest asset, and top talent has choices to make when selecting an employer and workforce they want to be a part of! Thanks for your continued commitment to Team Delta, we will continue to support you in your career. Our weekly company wide meeting is a great way to come together!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Potential, Growing Quickly

Jan 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in West Bend, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

- CEO Tim is an excellent person. He's not your typical snobby executive in a suit, but the kind of guy you want to grab a beer with and talk about life with, and usually will if you ask. He is a truly caring individual and a real example of a "rags to riches" American success story. Everyone learns a lot from him during their time at Delta. - Everyone else at the office is incredibly friendly. You cannot walk down the hallway, even to go to the restroom, without someone waving or greeting you and asking how your day is. - Flexible work schedules. Depending on your position, you may have the option to take a 10-hour 4-day week versus 8-hour 5-day. All you need to do is work this out with your manager. Regardless, managers are sympathetic to life circumstances and if you communicate they will usually accommodate. - Our response to COVID-19 was absolutely perfect and has actually advanced our culture forward. Within less than a week, our company was prepared to take everyone remote, and executed well. In fact, our response actually won an industry award. Delta is now a hybrid office model where most work from home with a portion of the company at the office - the choice is typically yours. - Benefits are fantastic and reasonable in price. 401(k) match is fantastic and I've never seen our fund have a loss. - The company has a strategic plan that is transparently shared with employees so we can align around common goals, no matter our role. I have not seen this level of transparency with other companies I have worked for. The goals are data-driven whenever possible so that numbers can be tied to success factors and not be subjective. - Annual Incentive Bonus is amazing. The company's performance metrics are translated via a formula into a percentage. At the end of the fiscal year, employees receive a lump sum bonus equivalent to this percentage. It is typically 5%, but there have been occasions of 10%. - There is a huge amount of diversity in the company, both visible and invisible. We have had everyone working for us from ex-military firearms instructors to newbies who have never even held a gun before. There are co-workers across the political spectrum and of different ethnicities, age groups, orientations, etc. including in leadership roles. Despite differences, everyone is respectful and knows when to tone down discussions. - There is a relatively low amount of hierarchy at the company, so you will have the opportunity to quickly jump in and lead parts of projects if you are so inclined. - You will work at a widely-respected company that is known for treating its customers well. Seriously, we provide a great service that truly helps save lives.

Cons

- Not necessarily a con, but something to watch out for. Delta looks for specific kinds of people when recruiting, and personality is a huge part of it. Read the Core Values and some articles about the USCCA and Delta Defense before applying. If you disagree with them, or are even bothered by the concept of the phrase "get s*** done" being a core value, or HR saying this during an interview uncensored, turn around. - Base compensation can be a tad low to start. HR does their best to orient starting salaries to market rates, but keep in mind West Bend has a lower cost of living than, say, Milwaukee or Chicago. If you prove yourself though, you will get a merit increase annually - this is part of their "pay for performance" philosophy. - The company is growing fast, per the Core Value of the fast eating the slow. Sometimes this can be too overwhelming and lead to mistakes, and I wish managers would take more time to just step back, take a breath, and look at the big picture and make more robust plans. This could reduce the amount of headaches sometimes associated with working at Delta. - With the fast growth comes growing pains that are typical of a corporation scaling up. There are moments of ambiguity, communication failures, undefined requirements, etc. The best thing to do is to keep communicating. Management seems well aware of this and does their best to alleviate these circumstances, but it still does exist. - There is a relatively low amount of hierarchy at the company, so career advancement is atypical and your title will likely not change for several years. Some people have left for this reason alone. - My little nitpick: I wish employees could be able to book and use the Delta Executive Boardroom when it is not in use. It really is a nice space for collaboration. I could see holding product brainstorming sessions in there.

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the time and effort to share your thoughts and ideas. Thanks for being a part of Team Delta!

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Has its ups and downs.

Feb 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

On-site Life Coach for employees to meet with to discuss stress, work goals, life goals, mental health, etc. Recently revamped HR Department with a huge focus on employee well-being. On-site cafe with the ability to buy snacks and beverages. Small, but worthwhile library with tons of books to help with professional and personal growth. Rather generous Christmas bonus given out each year. All company bonus if sales/membership metrics are met. The CEO is a good man that genuinely cares about the employees. He takes time to get to know you, which shows that you are more than just a number. On-site gym with a ton of different equipment for workouts. Workout classes are also offered. Benefits package is rather nice. Great health insurance, life insurance, 401k, etc.

Cons

The Core Values are strictly enforced among lower level employees, but higher level employees are given leeway to operate outside of the core values. Can be a very stressful work environment in the contact center due to high volume of incoming contacts. Many employees feel as if they are “drowning” with no hope of getting caught up. They have been many restructurings in the Marketing Department to the point in which people have had their jobs eliminated. Many of these people were very loyal companies and their jobs seemed to be removed without giving much thought. Compensation is on the lower side, and you only have one chance per year to earn a raise. Negotiating for a raise outside of late December is often a losing battle. Employees have resigned from Delta based on compensation related reasons alone. Things are not as transparent between management and lower level employees. This was a strength 5-6 years ago, but with the growth of the company there has been an increase in red tape. Management seems to be willing to work with certain employees on scheduling matters more than others. There are hints of favoritism in certain departments, which results in employees losing faith in their managers. High level of burnout among lower level employees.

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

We know our Core Values have been key to rapid growth. In cases where there appears to be a Core Values mismatch with an employee Delta Defense makes every effort to communicate effectively our expectations. But we also listen. If there is a belief that senior managers or others are held to different standards, that is not an issue previously brought to our attention and one that we would have certainly investigated and evaluated. Transparency, by definition goes both ways. Yes, Delta has experienced incredibly rapid growth and some things have changed internally. What has not changed is our commitment to honesty. We offer multiple ways for employees to ask questions, even anonymously, all the way up to our CEO. If an employee here is not getting answers, it is very likely that employee has not asked direct questions, because we take communications very seriously as we grow. We wholeheartedly work with employees on their issues and needs. We do this with our survey tools, weekly company wide meeting, department meetings, weekly one on one meetings and internal company communications. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

8. 5.0

BEST COMPANY EVER

Jan 27, 2021 - Outside Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I work with is the best thing about this company. The CEO is a wonderful person who honestly cares about every individual person that works there. The core values put in place makes this company the greatest thing that has ever happen to me and my family.

Cons

There are no cons with this company.

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review and sharing how our core values have positively impacted you AND your family!

9. 2.0

Too much group think

Apr 1, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

work from home, virtual training

Cons

group think, got to pass P&C test or you are fired

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review, we appreciate your perspective. Yes, the P and C test is a compliance requirement for certain roles here. We pride ourselves in the investment we make in tools and training to help team members pass their test. We acknowledge that we have a workforce that shares alignment to our mission. And, we strive to hire and engage employees that have diverse perspectives, education, experiences and backgrounds. This is something that we continue to work on because we see the value.

10. 5.0

Awesome Company

Feb 17, 2021 - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company and culture! Everything is amazing!

Cons

Nothing whatsoever. Great people, culture and business model

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

Hello Texas - thanks for being part of growing nationwide team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Reviews