DemandTec Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DemandTec Interview Questions

3.4

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DemandTec (San Mateo, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process is overall good except one guy who does not allow me to go to restroom or eat my lunch during the lunch interview.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DemandTec (Redwood City, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with development manager.Asked me on online whiteboard to explain SQL joins.I wasn't quite prepared for it,so fudged it but somehow guessed atleast 2 answers right.Also told the same thing to him that I was guessing the answer but also went in detail about things that I am bringing to the table.Was called onsite

1) Had five different interviews with the same manager as above,QA engineer,product manager,build/release engineer,VP of engineering and recruiter
    2)All interviews went well-only couple were technical ,rest were more abstract and general stuff.Also asked lot of questions on the process.
    3)Finally recruiter asked me my salary expectations

I got a call later from the recruiter that I was liked and was in the "contention".Hindsight I like to believe she was just lying to keep me interested and they were actually on the fence about me.

Anyway never heard back from them.But a decent interview but I would have appreciated honesty from the recruiter.

Senior Software Engg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DemandTec (San Mateo, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Peoples are good. Interview process was not so good.

Engineeting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DemandTec (San Mateo, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

Spoke to manager on 1st interview
    some technical questions

Second day spoke to Senior Architect on Phone.

Junior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DemandTec (San Mateo, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I received two phone screens from the Technical department. After answering many questions about my background, I don't believe I am in the running for an in person interview. This was a referral from a very dear friend. Brush up on your technical knowledge to really wow them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DemandTec (San Mateo, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from their HR/recruiter on the same day. She went through a short technical test then the hiring manager send me a coding test (algorithm). After sending my implementation back, i had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Fairly intense Java questions and again, algorithms. I thought i failed but a week later,recruiter called and arranged for a 2nd phone interview with another engineer. I felt this went on and on (still no sign of a peronal interview), too much algorithms (I was applying for a position with a front end focus!) and the job wasn't the right fit so i declined.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DemandTec (San Mateo, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The initial phone interview was with two technical staff members. The questions seemed relevant, as they both probed my technical abilities and gave me and idea of the work environment and upcoming challenges. As with all phone conversations, it was nearly impossible to gauge company culture.

Arriving in person, I was greeted, after a short delay, by an internal HR staffer. Being short on time (apparently mutual, according to the agency recruiter), any delay didn't bode well. After the hour was nearly up, there wasn't even word from the still-absent technical interviewers or their manager.

In this profession, unexpected emergencies happen, but not even attempting to minimize the time wasted is inexcusable.

Interview Questions

• What system or method do you use to keep your auomation scripts and libraries organized?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DemandTec in February 2012.

Interview

Got a call via a recruiter who found my resumer on a job site. Was screened by a HR and then scheduled for a Phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between HashMap and HashTable   1 Answer

Senior Statistician - Modeling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DemandTec in February 2012.

Interview

Started with one phone interview, then called for an on-site interview. Interviewed 1:1 with six people, each took 45 minutes. Most questions were about background and experience. Asked to look into one small data set, perform analysis and present during interview. Need to consider and deal with missing data at the first step. Some technical questions are about mixed integer programming.

Interview Questions

• Explain what a normal distribution is to someone without background on statistics.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DemandTec in November 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview + 1 onsite interview

Interview Questions

• what is the difference between arraylist and linkedlist   Answer Question