Demonware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Demonware

3.1

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One online coding test and One phone call interview. The second interview will ask you a list of technical question, Their main focus is C++, SQL, linux command. I think the question is not super hard, but it is better for you to prep for it.

Interview Questions

• How to create a class only have one object:
      Answer: make the constructor private.

The questions about the hash table   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Demonware (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2012.

Interview

The process had 3 main stages: phone-basics + background check (+salary question), second was another call with one of their engineers (still basic but more technical), last one is a 1:1 about two hours with a break. First part checks your pure knowledge and the second is rather problem solving/experience related.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't really ready to provide a linked-list implementation in python (Be ready to answer what are they good for and how compare to lists ... etc.).
      Second question that got me was some sort of python golf with - "what will the output be" question. It was involving zip-ing iterators only problems was that iterators got created using "*" multiplication operator so de-facto it was one-same iterator.

Both ware nothing extremely tricky - I was not really ready.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not that smooth and easy - but I consider it went successful

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demonware (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

1- Code Test - Codility, 3 fairly easy problems. One thing to look out for: make sure you check your test output, I made mistake of thinking tests were passing because they were highlighted green. It's not like hackerrank so your tests just run and return an answer, they aren't checked against a known solution. You need to work out what the answer is yourself and check the output. Dumb mistake, but it cost me some points for one question.

2 - Quick call with recruiter

3 - Skype call with 2 engineers. Some technical questions, some questions about previous work. Both engineers were polite and didn't seem to be trying to trip me up on anything.

4 - Quick call with manager of team just to make sure I knew what the role would entail.

5 - Call with HR to discuss salary and red tape.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about configuration management?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demonware (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)).

Interview

I applied via linkedin. recruiter contacted me immediately and sent the online coding test.
    I got full marks for 3 questions but never heard back from them; no response to my followup email.

Demonware Response

Aug 29, 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Attraction

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to respond to all candidates promptly, but it appears we missed the mark with you. The internship position garnered a lot of attention from talented candidates... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university co-op program. Did online assessment, then selected for onsite interview at their vancouver office. The interview was pretty easy, lots of basic knowledge based questions. Their office is cool!

Interview Questions

• Somethings about virtual functions in C++, long time since I used c++, so said I don't know   Answer Question

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demonware (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2018.

Interview

Three stages interviews.
    First phone interview with HR with some basic tech questions and soft skills for about one hour. Then the second was one hour phone interview with SRE teamleader mainly focus on tech questions. The third stage was an onsite interview with teamleader and engeneer. Onsite interview with some Linux, network, operating system and overall architecture design questions.
    Very nice interviews feeling. The progress was comfortable for me.

Interview Questions

• How to monitor network performance and stability? How does the Linux mtr command work?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demonware in April 2015.

Interview

I completed a online 90 minutes coding challenge and received a phone interview opportunity after that. The phone interview took about 60 minutes, and asked about SQL, database, data structure, python problem.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through co-op, did an online coding test. Got a tour of the office, then brought to interview room. First, they let you ask questions that you have for the company. Then, it was all technical questions split into several topics: Object oriented programming, python knowledge, linux knowledge, computer networking, and a technical discussion about how to solve a problem. Lots of emphasis on in-depth knowledge of those topics. I am still in university, but the interviewer told me that the set of questions they asked was intended for recent graduates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between range and xrange in Python?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

HR first showed me around their office and then led me to a conference room to wait for interviewer. The interviewer was very kind. Before the interview he explained qutie a lot about the position requested. Most of the questions were technical, about C++, python, Linux command and network.

Interview Questions

• How to track a file using linux command   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demonware in October 2014.

Interview

a 90-minute programming test + a one-hour phone interview. asked lots of questions about C++, OO concepts, sql, linux. at the end of the programming i had to write some code