Demonware Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Demonware Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2017

3.3

Live Operations Engineering Interview

Interview

First, give me a tour about the office. Then led me to the meeting room and wait for the interviewer. The people there are very kind. It is a great company to work for. I especially like the playroom and the kitchen. Big and clean and have many food to choose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through co-op, did an online coding test. Got a tour of the office, then brought to interview room. First, they let you ask questions that you have for the company. Then, it was all technical questions split into several topics: Object oriented programming, python knowledge, linux knowledge, computer networking, and a technical discussion about how to solve a problem. Lots of emphasis on in-depth knowledge of those topics. I am still in university, but the interviewer told me that the set of questions they asked was intended for recent graduates.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between range and xrange in Python?   1 Answer

Live Operations Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

a lot questions about python, C++, TCP, SQL, Operating system. Most of them are easy but some were tricky if you haven't heard those name. Such as volatile keyword in C++.

Live Operations/Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demonware (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's co-op posting system, and had to complete an online coding test. I heard back after about a week, and was scheduled for an hour-long phone interview. The interview was just a series of technical knowledge-based questions, with no problem-solving questions. I heard back after about 2 business days (I think I was one of the last people interviewed). I was surprised that there was no coding component to the interview, but they seemed to think that the coding challenge was a sufficient test of my skills.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation in which you would use a hash-dict?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

HR first showed me around their office and then led me to a conference room to wait for interviewer. The interviewer was very kind. Before the interview he explained qutie a lot about the position requested. Most of the questions were technical, about C++, python, Linux command and network.

Interview Questions

• How to track a file using linux command   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demonware in April 2015.

Interview

I completed a online 90 minutes coding challenge and received a phone interview opportunity after that. The phone interview took about 60 minutes, and asked about SQL, database, data structure, python problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

The first part was an online programming test. After completing it, they scheduled a date for the technical interview. Before the technical interview began, they gave me a tour of the building then found an office for us to proceed with the technical interview. It focused on operating system fundamentals, networking, and had a small fizzbuzz style programming activity at the end.

Interview Questions

• Should you encrypt a file before compressing it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Demonware (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through university co-op program. Did online assessment, then selected for onsite interview at their vancouver office. The interview was pretty easy, lots of basic knowledge based questions. Their office is cool!

Interview Questions

• Somethings about virtual functions in C++, long time since I used c++, so said I don't know   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Had to complete a 90 minute online coding test for screening, followed by an onsite interview which lasted 60 minutes. The on site interview includes database, c++, python, unix and networking questions along with a whiteboard coding question. Feedback is given a few days after the interview process which details points to improve on. Preparing for questions before the interview definitely helps.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Demonware in October 2014.

Interview

a 90-minute programming test + a one-hour phone interview. asked lots of questions about C++, OO concepts, sql, linux. at the end of the programming i had to write some code