97% would recommend to a friend
(67 total reviews)
93% approve of CEO
Found 67 of over 92 reviews
Updated Sep 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Teams and people you work with are great." (in 13 reviews)
- "Awesome benefits" (in 9 reviews)
- "Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful and passionate about their work." (in 6 reviews)
- "Best culture of any company I've ever worked in." (in 6 reviews)
- "The pay is average if not slightly above market." (in 4 reviews)
- "Lack of respect between teams, management, and leadership that caused a rift between a large portion of the company." (in 4 reviews)
- "Certain managers and teams do whatever they feel like rather than support each other." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Gender
This rating reflects the overall rating of Demonware and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Oct 4, 2022Engineering ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearSanta Monica, CA
- Great support to tech personnel, people here are techies, if you are techie you will enjoy working here - People is collaborative, they never isolate you if you are stuck or if you need help with your work - Decent pay - Opportunity to work for one of the most popular games in the world - Good diversity and respect for diverse culture
none that i can think about it
- 3.0Oct 20, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
at least 5 words for Pros
Juvenile, High Pressure, Under Resources, Misogynistic, Immature engineering practices, many immature inexperienced managers promoted out of their depth as a way to move "up" form engineering.21
- 5.0Sep 29, 2023Senior Network EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsVancouver, BC
Life and work balance, good salary, nice cooperation.
nope, I don't see any cons to work in here
- 5.0Sep 3, 2023Software Engineer(Internship)Current Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
My manager and mentor have been nothing but excellent in guiding me through things and teaching me. Good emphasis on WLB. All in all cannot complain.
Nothing in particular has been really bad.
- 5.0May 17, 2023Software Engineer(Internship)Former Employee, less than 1 yearVancouver, BC
- Great office space, good food, and games! - Many events to network and connect among different teams. - Good working environment.
Nothing much to say as a con. It's a great company.
- 4.0May 2, 2023Software DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsVancouver, BC
Co-workers are friendly, supportive. The culture is very chill
Pay is not as competitive as big companies
- 5.0Apr 3, 2023Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
- Interesting environment - Work on game - People are great - Lots of benefits
Being part of ABK some decisions feel a bit corporate
- 5.0Sep 17, 2022Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
I used to be afraid of launches because they'd come close to killing me in the past, but DW is so used to them it's a finely tuned machine. I guess having to work on so many games has left them little choice but to make it sustainable. It's unnervingly healthy. Everyone is really nice. I didn't believe it at first but it's been a year.
Big companies have complexity. Travel, opaque HR procedures, lots of systems. Gotta fit in with ATVI. It's not really a problem, more of a mild annoyance.
Demonware Reviews FAQs
Demonware has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 92 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Demonware to a friend and 88% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.
97% of Demonware employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Demonware 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.