Dermalogica Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.7

National Account Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dermalogica (Irvine, CA).

Interview

We spent a few minutes talking about my work history and the rest of the time was spent telling me about the job. It was very informal, we met at Whole Foods and sat in the food court area and talked. After my one on one I had a phone screening with the HR manager.

Manager, Trade Shows and Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dermalogica (Carson, CA).

Interview

Was initially contacted by their in-house recruiting department and asked if I'd be interested in interviewing for the soon-to-be vacant position. An initial telephone interview was set for the following day which lasted approximately 30 minutes and at the end of the conversation, an in-person interview was scheduled for the following week. Upon arrival for my interview at the company's headquarters in Carson, CA I spent approximately 15 minutes with the recruiter who found me and conducted the phone interview followed by about 30 minutes with the department head and the person who was leaving the position. An offer was given to me two days later.

Interview Questions

• What has your involvement been with large scale multi-day corporate events with 2000 or more attendees?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dermalogica (Carson, CA).

Interview

Met with 1:1 of a Senior Designer and Manager, but not the Creative Director (which might have been nice). The people I met were friendly and professional. We met in a conference room so there was privacy during the interview. They asked alot of prepared general questions which were expected and answerable. They each took turns to ask their questions. As I was an entry-level specialist, I had to prove myself by showing work I created while in school and during internship.

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dermalogica (Carson, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was friendly and the facility was amazing. I was pre screened by phone and their human resources contact was very understanding of me having to work around my current work schedule. She was able to schedule a late appointment in the day to accommodate me. After the interview I was given a full tour of the Carson headquarters which was super impressive. It's an amazing work space that was buzzing with great energy. All of the product development, education and and warehouse are under one roof so it works like a giant machine.

I wasn't offered the position I interviewed for but I was referred to human resources in another department for another position they thought I would be better suited for. I applied many times online with no response so I recommend getting an interview even if the position isn't ideal just to get your foot in the door!

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can make the commute (headquarters is in Carson)   1 Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dermalogica (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was very laid back, yet professional. It was conversational and warm, I got the feeling that they wanted to get to know me as a person. I believe they are selective because it is a facility that truly believes in providing client education, so they don't want just anyone working the front desk. You must have sales skills, a passion for teaching the science of skin health, and also educating clients.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dermalogica.

Interview

I saw a job listing in my area for the educator position and proceeded to apply. Few days later I got an email saying they where interested in me and wanted to set up a phone interview with their HR. The phone interview was about 10-15 mins long inquiring why I wanted the position, how much do I know about the company, and strength/weakness. When we finished HR decided that I could move on to speak with the East Coast RE. I actually had to prepare a 30 minute presentation on a topic from a selection that they offered to choose from ( I picked Product Knowledge) and had to present in front of the RE, DM, and one of the educators of the school. Once the presentation ended we had a 10-15min sit down interview. I waited a week to get an email saying they offered the position to someone else, but will keep my information filed.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be a good fit as an educator?
      how would you go about teaching a class?
      Answer Question

Accounts Payable Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dermalogica (Carson, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Best corporation I have interviewed with. HR goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and at home from the minute you walk through their doors. Constant communication every step of the way that keeps you in the loop as to where you stand with the job. I really appreciated knowing that I was still the front-runner for their position. It was 2 weeks from my initial call to the day my offer was made. Really appreciated a company who didn't drag this along. They knew what they were looking for and moved forward very quickly.

Interview Questions

• Personal questions caught me off guard. They actually cared a lot about me and whether Dermalogica was a fit for my life as well as me being a fit for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their offer was lower than what I initially wanted- they truly felt bad that I might not be able to work with their offer. After I accepted it, they came back and offered me just a bit more. I am very happy with this employer and can't say enough about their hiring process and personnel.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dermalogica.

Interview

The interview consisted of a call screening and 1 in person interview. Human Resources and the Director of creative. I wasn't waiting long before someone from HR brought me into the meeting/interview area he asked a few warm up questions like "how was traffic" and "did you have any trouble finding the building". After that there where a few questions about my current job like why I was looking to leave my current position. The director asked what were some of my strengths that I could bring to the team and do I have any issues with doing other creative tasks outside of graphic design. All in all it was a pretty basic interview. They also send you a test to see what your skill levels is mine was a web page with product information.

Interview Questions

• What programing languages I knew as I said I had a little web designing experience which was hard because I only designed sites in photoshop only to give to a web designer (coder) to build in wordpress. After stumbling a bit a recovered by saying I'm still learning web design as a side hobby.   Answer Question

Business Interview

Interview

Depending on who interviews but some HR recruiters act like they are God.
    The interviewing process was great but the outcome of the actual job description is
    a big dissapointmeny.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dermalogica (Charlotte, NC) in July 2013.

Interview

My first interview went well from what I could tell, but the second was a disaster. It was a phone interview and the interviewers phone had a very poor connection, so bad that sometimes I answered and entire question only to realize she was no longer there. Half the time I couldn't understand the question because the connection was so bad. She didn't seem too apologetic, nor did she offer to reschedule so that we could have a proper interview. My guess is she wasn't intetested in me as a candidate before she even made the call. It was a very frustrating process to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handled an unsatisfied customer.   Answer Question