Design Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Design Laboratory

2.3

Technical Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Laboratory (Seattle, WA) in March 2020.

Interview

Relatively laid back, few emails, calls with the HR person then with their AE and then in the end with the hiring manager at company they are filling the role for.

These guys seem very unstructured and lack appreciating the value of good candidates. They have more of the "it's here and now" approach vs. "we see you as an investment" mindset. I've had several interviews over several years with these guys as roles have popped up on the fly and they've all flopped due to jumping the gun before budgets were approved, role was gone and they didn't know it or other internal minutia. Ghost if they don't want you and off to the next. Lesson learned on my end!

Interview Questions

• Nothing complex, simple things like what you're doing now and where you want to be in the next year or so. Discuss culture and what not.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Design Laboratory (Redmond, WA).

Interview

The evaluation process begins with the recruiter. It then proceeds through a series of panel interviews. The final evaluation integrates a balance between people processes, and tools + executive staff and CEO assessments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario when you were called upon to integrate thought leadership with logic assessments and EQ strategy to drive adoption of new processes and efficiencies. What were the measurable results?   Answer Question

Design Laboratory Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Design Laboratory (Redmond, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred to the DLI HR and initially I was informed that there are no roles matching my skill set. Second time we got in touch with HR we went through my skills and my interests and interview was set up to meet a CEO. 30 min meeting where CEO mostly asked questions related to cultural fit.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Laboratory (Seattle, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

This is the weirdest interview I've ever had. The first interview was with CEO of the company. He seemed like a nice person, but I think it is easy to fake the interview: just say that you want something great, that salary does not matter, repeat the youtube video about this CEO. Then the CEO approved me and I had an interview with contracting company. Several days after the DL contacted me and said that the contracting company changed their requirements. WTF? Couldn't they figure out requirements before this meeting with CEO? I had to drive all the way to Redmond, then have this empty conversation for about an hour and they even did not bother to make sure that their requirements are settled?

Interview Questions

• What is your passion, what do you want from your life, why do you want to work at DL   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Design Laboratory (Bellevue, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

After answering an email from one of Design Lab's recruiters, I was asked to do a simple personality quiz and write a few example emails. Easy stuff, obviously designed to weed out anyone lacking basic communications skills or bad personality fits.

I had a fairly typical interview with the Senior Recruiter and Director of Operations. I actually really enjoyed speaking with both the recruiter and director, especially the Ops Director, who was very no-nonsense, honest and straightforward about the company. It gave me a great feel for the culture and what they were looking for.

My only complaint was that despite their otherwise excellent communication, I was never contacted afterwards. It's just common courtesy and I expected more from a firm within the recruiting sector.

Privacy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Design Laboratory (Bellevue, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter. Then met with owner. Then spoke with Contract Manager at Microsoft. The process was very straight forward on DLI's side. The Microsoft side is a nightmare. DLI is very good at getting you in and setup but HR on MSFT side is just, well, a total failure and glacially slow.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable asking for help when you need it? How do you feel about saying "I don't know" in a room of experts?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer