Desjardins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Desjardins (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Very professional and interesting. I was working in a different department at the same company, and the hiring manager sought me out based on his past experiences with me in my my older job. It goes to prove that no matter how low you start, if you have the drive to succeed and perform at the top, your efforts will be noticed and rewarded.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins.

Interview

Group interview. Bring something that you identify with and tell people about it.

People seemed to be following a script or plan which is fine. But i suspect they may be looking for keywords and key behaviours rather than scoring you as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Sell this pen. Tellme why we need to hire you.
      How do you deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Desjardins (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a call from Montreal head office, the phone interview took about an hour and was in french. Was invited to fill some paper and send them back along with 2 copies of ID. Received a call again on the Friday, June 23rd and was asked to com for a face to face interview. The interview was mostly about personality. Everything was fine. Now I am waiting what will be the issue.

Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Group style interview constituted of 5 candidates for the job (they were looking for a few people, so we knew more than one could be hired), a director and an HR representative. The interview was laid back and focused on evaluating our personalities and wether or not our frame of mind is one desired for the job. The interview was very long and had multiple segments to it starting with one where we presented ourselves and then there were various activities and questions to answer.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I have received a call from a recruiter who had found my profile on LinkedIn. After a brief discussion, I was invited for an in-person interview. I had two rounds of interviews: HR+manager (career path, motivation etc) and then manager+senior employee (technical interview) following by a behavioral test on a PC. The process overall was very fast, they were eager to hire.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions on a career path, motivation etc. Technical questions: test to be done at home and to be discussed during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

You must not speak English and they don't ask you any questions related to the job, just your personality. Also they don't need you to have financial experience, 20% is work and 80% is communication and meetings.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for a phone interview, at the end of the phone interview they asked me if i was free the following day for a group interview at the Aurora office. There was a lot of questions about insurance which you answer as a team and a few behavioural questions asked individually. The entire group interview was for 2 and a half hours and very exhausting. The questions were relatively not very difficult, most of the insurance questions were basic knowledge. It was conducted by HR and two managers. They are looking at team work, communication and customer service skills. We were informed they'd get back after two weeks, when i emailed to follow up after two weeks , i did not get any reply. the phone interview is mainly behavioural and tell me strength and weakness and tell me about a time when ....questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Desjardin , how would you convince a customer to buy Desjardin insurance?   1 Answer
    • Determine good or bad premiums to examples of client profile given?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Someone from HR calls you in the middle of the and asks you a tone of questions both on yourself and on how you cope with different situations. In all the interview was very easy and you should pass it with flying colors. However, beware, the interview is in French so you should familiarize yourself with the language.

Senior Litigation Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Desjardins (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with HR was casual and basic. The in-person interview was with the HR, director and manager. There was an odd dynamic - Desjardins had just bought out State Farm. The director would roll his eyes at questions asked by HR. He was cynical while HR was positive. The questions asked were crummy HR questions that were not at all related to the positions. I spent over two hours there and it was one of the most painful interviews I've been through. I was tempted to leave during the interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Firts receive a phone call for screeing then met manager and HR manager, quite basic interview, very friendly. Last step was english test with an external company to review english level