Desjardins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.5

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Desjardins (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Very professional and interesting. I was working in a different department at the same company, and the hiring manager sought me out based on his past experiences with me in my my older job. It goes to prove that no matter how low you start, if you have the drive to succeed and perform at the top, your efforts will be noticed and rewarded.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Claim Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Group style interview constituted of 5 candidates for the job (they were looking for a few people, so we knew more than one could be hired), a director and an HR representative. The interview was laid back and focused on evaluating our personalities and wether or not our frame of mind is one desired for the job. The interview was very long and had multiple segments to it starting with one where we presented ourselves and then there were various activities and questions to answer.

Senior Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I have received a call from a recruiter who had found my profile on LinkedIn. After a brief discussion, I was invited for an in-person interview. I had two rounds of interviews: HR+manager (career path, motivation etc) and then manager+senior employee (technical interview) following by a behavioral test on a PC. The process overall was very fast, they were eager to hire.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions on a career path, motivation etc. Technical questions: test to be done at home and to be discussed during the technical interview.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

You must not speak English and they don't ask you any questions related to the job, just your personality. Also they don't need you to have financial experience, 20% is work and 80% is communication and meetings.

Property and Casualty Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for a phone interview, at the end of the phone interview they asked me if i was free the following day for a group interview at the Aurora office. There was a lot of questions about insurance which you answer as a team and a few behavioural questions asked individually. The entire group interview was for 2 and a half hours and very exhausting. The questions were relatively not very difficult, most of the insurance questions were basic knowledge. It was conducted by HR and two managers. They are looking at team work, communication and customer service skills. We were informed they'd get back after two weeks, when i emailed to follow up after two weeks , i did not get any reply. the phone interview is mainly behavioural and tell me strength and weakness and tell me about a time when ....questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Desjardin , how would you convince a customer to buy Desjardin insurance?   1 Answer
    • Determine good or bad premiums to examples of client profile given?   1 Answer

Senior Litigation Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Desjardins (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with HR was casual and basic. The in-person interview was with the HR, director and manager. There was an odd dynamic - Desjardins had just bought out State Farm. The director would roll his eyes at questions asked by HR. He was cynical while HR was positive. The questions asked were crummy HR questions that were not at all related to the positions. I spent over two hours there and it was one of the most painful interviews I've been through. I was tempted to leave during the interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Firts receive a phone call for screeing then met manager and HR manager, quite basic interview, very friendly. Last step was english test with an external company to review english level

Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Desjardins.

Interview

Largely a formal and structured interview process with prepared list of questions to be answered. Needed to be able to think fast and come up with detailed, articulate answers on the spot which can be challenging. Other portion of interview was more conversational and less formal. Interviewers were polite and professional.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Desjardins (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The managers the did my interview were actually decent and were fair! It is your basic phone interview, then you have the panel interview with the managers and HR. They ask you basic interview questions. The background check is very extensive for such a low paying job, credit check, police check, and they basically want to strip search you. I'm kidding about the last part, but it feels like it. Just stay far away from the company, it is not worth the stress, useless you are into the drama.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you rather than the others who came through the same door?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Desjardins (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, it was very quick, I got an email asking to book my interview online a day after. Make sure to have all your documentation with you (updated resume, references, diplomas, etc). They are quick, if you fit their profile you will be contacted immediately. Very friendly office, the human resource officer I met was very welcoming and made me feel comfortable during the whole interview.

Interview Questions

• Customer service experience, relevant work experience, why did you choose this company, your strengths, your view on customer service, work references, work schedules (based on seniority so when you start you fill in the evenings and weekends), role-playing scenarios (two, one is related to customer service, the other you have to "sell" something, improvise!)   1 Answer