Development Dimensions International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 9, 2017

3.5

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A set of interviews with inventories and assessments. Was a fair process that allows for individuals to showcase their skills and experiences as relates to the job requirements being considered for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved a client issue that created a win for client and your organization?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International.

Interview

The entire interview took about 8 hours. 3 interviews with individuals then 2 written exams, followed by a four hour in basket simulation that included interaction with assessors and monitoring.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

HR phone interview was conversational and pleasant. Not intimidating at all. I had a great conversation with the HR professional who was through in her description of the company and it's policies as well as asking direct questions about my experience and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• What is the one part of your previous job you do NOT care for.   Answer Question

Rogers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The interview process is made up of multiple steps, including phone interviews, online testing, an in office assessment and in person interviews. The whole process took approximately two weeks. Everyone I spoke to was incredibly friendly and spoke highly about the company.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific example of your proudest work accomplishment to date.   Answer Question

PR Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

The process was lengthy. It included a phone screen, two in person interviews, 4 online tests (3 tests on leadership, and one on the ability to process complex information), and four written exercises (proofreading, write a press release, write a pitch, and write a justification for the pitch). It took a month and maybe 10-15 hours to complete.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a difficult problem at work and how you did it.   Answer Question

Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was initially contacted after applying via their site. I had a quick "personality test" to go along with the application. I was contacted via email the next day and was put through 2 separate interviews via phone. Each a week apart. I was then sent a email link to take another personality type questionnaire and an IQ test. That brought me to a on-site 5 hour practical skills test. Next up was a interview by 3 separate individuals last approx. an 1 apiece.

I was told that a decision would be made in approx 4/5 days. I never heard from them and I followed up twice, which resulted in my being told that I was not selected.

I was disappointed as even though rejection is part of the process of obtaining work, I felt misled. I researched the company's product of hiring and training where they state that their system helps the prospective candidate through the process in a timely manner, and that was not what I had been through.

The company seemed to not know exactly what they wanted in the position they were hiring for, and one of the interviewing parties made a hugely incorrect assumption about my skills and wants in the position by coming out and saying that she was "worried I would be BORED" in the job I was desperately trying to secure. I don't believe that is fair to assume what reaction a person would have to a position especially when I was upfront about my skills and which way I wanted to take my career.

I'm not inferring that this company is terrible or not a great place to work, the employees all seemed to be very happy and there definitely seemed to be a great overall appearance of satisfaction among them. I would have liked them to have been a little less judgmental, and sympathetic to my time. The entire process took over a month. The no contact for 3 weeks after was also disappointing.

The process of questioning was arduous, as the 3 individuals asking the questions just seemed to repeat the same questions over and over. I felt a little off-set as they continually asked questions that would place you in a position of having to bring up bad habits or poor working relationships with others from previous positions..

My contact at the company was great though.

As they say, " Can't win them all "

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a superior, how you handled that situation, and the result.   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you realize you made a mistake, what you did to repair or attempt to rectify the error and the result.   Answer Question

Sales Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International in April 2016.

Interview

If you research the company, it seems like a very cool industry, and they are making some recent moves including strategic partnerships and new technological tools that may provide an impressive integrated professional development experience which is likely an exciting evolution for their clients and prospect. I was eager to learn more as it seemed like a role I could be passionate about.

After my assessment which the recruiter told me "you did great!", I interviewed with someone who objected to my desire for a role where I can also use my strategic acumen in influencing sales growth... confusing since the first line in the responsibilities section mentioned developing and executing a strategy to grow sales.

No feedback from the internal recruiter as promised and, I believe, suggested on their website.

Wasn't even looking- but it turned into a time drain. They unfortunately cancelled late on a day where I had to leave early to accommodate rescheduling the interview. I understand that business comes first, but the courtesy of a timely phone call would have been helpful given

Temporary Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Southfield, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Long and intense. After a phone interview I was brought in for a written exercise and a phone role play. Asked to return for an interview. Met with two different people and each had about 15-20 questions to ask. Questions were behavioral based requiring in depth responses.

Interview Questions

• First, I was told by the second person that some questions may be the same as I was already asked...wtf? Prepare yourself for...Tell me about a time....Give several examples of....and most questions did not relate to the position description.   2 Answers

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Be prepared, be very prepared. DDI is the creator of the STAR method, which breaks down to Situation, Task, Action, and Results. In your interviews, you will be asked questions that require you to answer with a situation in your prior job or school or etc., what you needed to do in that situation, what you actually did, and what the result was. Sometimes you may have an answer where you did something but realized you should've done it differently. You can respond with this as well, this is called a STAR/AR with the AR representing "Alternate Result."

Be prepared to spend up to four hours in interviews. You will be interviewed by 3-4 people, each interview about an hour. They are very detailed, very extensive, and very intense. You will be "graded" on different competencies like Adaptability, Managing Work, Building Successful/Trusting Working Relationships, Stress Tolerance, and etc. and they will be determining your communication skills as well during this time.

Don't let your nerves get the best of you. Study who DDI is and what they do before your interview, and you will be fine. The people interviewing you are very friendly and will do their best to make you feel comfortable and will allow breaks if you need one, which you will.

Interview Questions

• Working with others usually involves some give and take. Describe a time when you worked out an agreement with a peer or team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Development Dimensions International (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

They like to go through agencies. Easier for them to deny employment and keep up their numbers. You can easily lie. Their interviewers are just looking to check off boxes. You can easily deceive them.