Devon Energy Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 79 of over 79 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Devon Energy

Devon Energy

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy in Apr 2022

Interview

Contacted by HR in Oklahoma to schedule interview. Met with all area production foreman and several other individuals. Questions pertained to several aspects of artificial lift, and operations optimization. Overall very positive experience, everyone was very cordial.

Interview Questions
  • What steps can be taken to prevent compressor downtime?
    Answer Question

Devon Energy

Application

I interviewed at Devon Energy

Interview

I was contacted by their HR department and then I went to their office for a face to face interview with 3 people. Parking was easy and I was met by their HR person who took me to the conference room for the interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Devon Energy

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Devon Energy in Sep 2021

Interview

I got call from devon HR. There are 3 interview rounds. First is tech then Sr manager will call you then client round. Interviw process took 4 days to complete.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Devon Energy

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy in May 2019

Interview

Staffing agency referred me, One on one interview with the Hiring Manager and Supervisor. it was a good experience because they are more concerned if you are a fit for the company culture and how you will relate to your team members. It wasn't a stressful interview, It was more like a good conversation but less was said about the roles and responsibilities of the Job. Found out weeks later that the Job was closed and no one was selected for the role which is sad .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hobbs, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Hobbs, NM)

Interview

Applied on my universities' website and then was invited to an on campus interview. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions. They later called me with the decision.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Devon Energy (New Delhi) in May 2018

Interview

There was about 15 questions I answered I believe well and they liked my out look for the company went up over 20% in net sales per quarterly I got offered almost 400 grand a yr plus signing bonus and Christmas bonus but it was a 5 yr contract min and I love Calgary I want to live here plus I also had 3 assiantants to help it was a dream job my parents are old and they need me sometimes not always about money I guess

Interview Questions
  • It just was not enough money to move across the world to dubai

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in Apr 2018

Interview

They had a preferred candidate who did not meet the posted job description. My participation in the process was likely to satisfy HR requirements. It was easy to tell this based on who they ultimately hired and also how annoyed HR was with the sham process.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions. Nothing hard

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Calgary, AB) in Feb 2018

Interview

Meeting with 1 HR person, one manager, and one engineer (the manager and engineer from different teams). There were a series of situational and behavioral questions, then the engineer asked me about various projects listed as my past experience from a summer student industry job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Calgary, AB) in Dec 2017

Interview

Video interview, took about 20mins. Typical behavioral questions. You have 3 minutes to answer each question. The practice questions were helpful for you to become used to the program and how it will go down.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Calgary, AB) in Feb 2017

Interview

I applied online, received a call about a month later asking me to come in for an interview. Interviewed with two members of the accounting department. They called me back the next week and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioural, lots of questions about how you worked in a team, dealt with conflict resolution, etc.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Interviews

Devon Energy Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Devon Energy as 86.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.77 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Drilling Engineer and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for IT and Accountant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Devon Energy takes an average of 17 days when considering 72 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Engineering had the quickest hiring process (on average 2 days), whereas IT roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 15 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Devon Energy according to 72 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 26.42%