Devon Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Devon Energy

2.8

Project Controls Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2019.

Interview

Staffing agency referred me, One on one interview with the Hiring Manager and Supervisor. it was a good experience because they are more concerned if you are a fit for the company culture and how you will relate to your team members.
    It wasn't a stressful interview, It was more like a good conversation but less was said about the roles and responsibilities of the Job.
    Found out weeks later that the Job was closed and no one was selected for the role which is sad .

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

Applied on my universities' website and then was invited to an on campus interview. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions. They later called me with the decision.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy in April 2018.

Interview

They had a preferred candidate who did not meet the posted job description. My participation in the process was likely to satisfy HR requirements. It was easy to tell this based on who they ultimately hired and also how annoyed HR was with the sham process.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. Nothing hard   1 Answer

Aviation Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 different people, including co-workers to make sure I was a good fit. The company flew me to OKC for this interview. I was offered employment within 2 days.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to relocate   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

did the online application and they called me up, went in there and I interviewed with a supervisor in an isolated room and he was pretty laid back and I thought he wasn't too enamored with me, but he called up 2 weeks later and said I got the job

Interview Questions

• really tried to ask if I was going to be a team player and be able to work well with others   Answer Question

Chemical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

My initial contact was with a recruiter who was very polite and professional. I did conduct a phone interview with the direct management for the area. About two weeks later I was asked to go for a face to face interview. This interview was 370 miles away from my home location (one way), which they reimburse me on the mileage handsomely. The interview with professional, in a professional setting with personnel there from their Oklahoma office and on skype. I was very pleased with the overall experience but unfortunately the position was filled by someone with equal or greater skills closer to the area needing the position filled. I will definitely be keeping my eye open for another opportunity with Devon Energy.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Midland, TX).

Interview

I received information regarding a job opening through a recruiter. I was interested in the position that was becoming available. Within a day or so, I was scheduling an interview with the finance and accounting team. It was a panel interview with the VP of Finance, the Controller, and the Assistant Controller. The interview was about 30 to 40 minutes long. Three days after the interview I received a call with an offer.

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. They asked a few questions about when I had been in a group and conflict resolution but mostly they asked me about my research as a graduate student. They also spent some time talking about Devon and the benefits of working for Devon. Overall, I thought it was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to resolve a conflict in a group you were working in.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute interview on college campus. Second round interview was at Devon tower, three separate interviews conducted by two people each. Each second round interview was 20 minutes long. Both interviews had many behavioral based and personality based questions. They want to know that you are good at working as a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself an analytical person or a creative person and why?   1 Answer

MARKETING ANALYSIS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my university. Got accepted to do an interview at my university. It was with 2 people for about 30 minutes. They called me the next week and asked me to come to their OKC office for a second round interview. I had 3 separate interviews about 30 min each with two different people in each one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Devon?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time in your previous job where you were thrown into something unexpectedly with little or no help/support? Describe that time and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question