Devon Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Devon Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

did the online application and they called me up, went in there and I interviewed with a supervisor in an isolated room and he was pretty laid back and I thought he wasn't too enamored with me, but he called up 2 weeks later and said I got the job

Interview Questions

• really tried to ask if I was going to be a team player and be able to work well with others   Answer Question

Chemical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

My initial contact was with a recruiter who was very polite and professional. I did conduct a phone interview with the direct management for the area. About two weeks later I was asked to go for a face to face interview. This interview was 370 miles away from my home location (one way), which they reimburse me on the mileage handsomely. The interview with professional, in a professional setting with personnel there from their Oklahoma office and on skype. I was very pleased with the overall experience but unfortunately the position was filled by someone with equal or greater skills closer to the area needing the position filled. I will definitely be keeping my eye open for another opportunity with Devon Energy.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Midland, TX).

Interview

I received information regarding a job opening through a recruiter. I was interested in the position that was becoming available. Within a day or so, I was scheduling an interview with the finance and accounting team. It was a panel interview with the VP of Finance, the Controller, and the Assistant Controller. The interview was about 30 to 40 minutes long. Three days after the interview I received a call with an offer.

Geoscience Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

The interview was very laid back. They asked a few questions about when I had been in a group and conflict resolution but mostly they asked me about my research as a graduate student. They also spent some time talking about Devon and the benefits of working for Devon. Overall, I thought it was a very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to resolve a conflict in a group you were working in.   Answer Question

MARKETING ANALYSIS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through my university. Got accepted to do an interview at my university. It was with 2 people for about 30 minutes. They called me the next week and asked me to come to their OKC office for a second round interview. I had 3 separate interviews about 30 min each with two different people in each one.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Devon?   Answer Question
    • Was there ever a time in your previous job where you were thrown into something unexpectedly with little or no help/support? Describe that time and explain how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK) in October 2015.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute interview on college campus. Second round interview was at Devon tower, three separate interviews conducted by two people each. Each second round interview was 20 minutes long. Both interviews had many behavioral based and personality based questions. They want to know that you are good at working as a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself an analytical person or a creative person and why?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Lubbock, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very standard and what you might expect a typical interview to be. There were three interviewers who each had a copy of my resume. Over the 20 minutes that we spoke, they went over my resume. They focused on my college career so far, and my community service activities. Throughout the process they were both professional and personable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Devon Energy?
      What community service activities have you done in recent years and how has it impacted your life?
      Describe an experience were you disagreed with your supervisor/coach/boss: What was issue? Did you tell your supervisor/coach/boss that you disagreed, if so, how did you do that? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Devon Energy.

Interview

Was your basic interview somewhat fun laughed a bit about some of the issues brought up. I interviewed for a position I had little experience in. But due to past experience I got the job.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Devon Energy (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through LinkedIn. Recruiter setup phone interview to discuss my background, education, previous experience and salary requirements. Received callback the next day requesting an in-person interview in OKC that was scheduled for the next week.

Checked in at receptionist and was escorted to HR conference room where I waited for interviewers. Was interviewed by two groups of supervisors and leads. There were no typical interview questions. Interview was more conversational about past experience and was very relaxed. It felt like they really wanted to get someone in with the right experience that could step in and do the job from day 1.

Recruiter contacted me the following day indicating the feedback from the panelists and informed me there were a few more interviews scheduled for that week but that a decision would be made by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer and benefits letter was fair and no negotiation was needed.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Devon Energy in May 2015.

Interview

The recruiter me me at the work site and introduce me to the two people that I would be interviewing with. I met with the team leads and they went over my resume and asked a couple of behavioral questions.