Digital River Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digital River Interview Questions

Interviews at Digital River

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pretty length process for a software engineer with a phone screening followed by a 30 min tech interview on phone again. Was called on site after 2 weeks for a 2 hour face to face interview. And again a week later to meet higher ups.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital River.

Interview

Phone Screen followed up by intern day/interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and laid back - it would be best to match their style. It was also nice to get to know other candidates while at the intern day event (also to scope out competition).

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your last job" "Greatest skill, greatest weakness" questions. There were a few obscure questions thrown in there as well.   Answer Question

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Digital River (Minnetonka, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

The whole process was very slow. They confirmed a morning for the 2nd interview, but not the time until 10:30pm the night before.During the 1st interview, the interviewer didn’t seem very prepared and started out by asking if I had any Q's. The 2nd interview was supposed to consist of a “group” exercise with PM’s, BA,& others, but no one in the group showed up. In the end she didn’t offer me position because she didn’t feel I worked well in a “group” based on that exercise where no one but me showed up.

Interview Questions

• What kind of process methodologies have you worked with?   1 Answer

Account Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Digital River (Aliso Viejo, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Process was a four-hour interview with about six people in the office, varying from account development managers, to the general manager of the office. Although the account managers seem very well versed in the company, I was a bit concerned as the discussions on their end tended more toward complaining about the systems they had to deal with. The other groups were quite knowledgeable on the business processes.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a client's expectations if something goes wrong close to a promised deadline?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Digital River (Minnetonka, MN) in March 2013.

Interview

Informational interview was set up by a friend with a person who is in the same position. I met the person for lunch and this person advocated for me with the team. I then met with several people from team including team director for interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult conversations with customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave my salary requirements and they actually made an offer far above what I said I would like.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital River.

Interview

Applied online and got an email within a week or two to set up a phone call. Call was traditional "tell me about yourself and why you are interested in Digital River." Was then invited in for a round of in-person. Met with 4 people, all seemed to be nice people, got a sense that the team was an energetic, tightly knit group. Interviews were more on the conversational side as opposed to question/answer/question/answer. Felt that things went well and then radio silence. Still haven't heard anything official and it's been 3 weeks...(guess that means I didn't get the job...be nice to at least get a form email since you went through the trouble of inviting me in to the office!)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were challenged. Other than that, very standard questions - tell me about yourself, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital River.

Interview

Interview process was fast and moved very quickly from initial screening with the recruiter to the last panel interview. Every round of interview was like tell-us-about-you except the one with hiring manager. That was a technical interview with some very good and to-the-point questions. All in all I enjoyed meeting/ talking to folks from DR.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example when you brought improvement in an existing process.   Answer Question
    • How will you handle conflict and a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Digital River (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Met Digital River at the U of M Job Fair where I submitted my resume. Later I had a phone-interview and then was asked back again for a Skype Interview. I sent my availability for a Skype- Interview right away and never heard back on confirmation of a time or day. I followed up again just to re-submit my availability and never heard back. Was asked for a Skype-interview and they never had the decency to respond, cancel, or let me know that the position had been filled.

I advise that you fix the communication structure during interviews, the only reason I am not reapplying for an internship with this company is because of the poor experience I had the first time. I do not need the headache again.

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital River (Minnetonka, MN) in March 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received a phone call the next day. There wasn't really a phone screening, more of an informational call about the company and a little about the position. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day. I met with three individuals. It didn't feel like a stuffy, rehearsed interview. They were very interested in my past experience and open to hiring me even though I wasn't necessarily their typical applicant. I was told they would have a decision the next day but by 4:30 they hadn't finalized anything. I was told I would be contacted early the next week but I never received a call. That next Monday I left a message with the recruiter. Two days later I received a call back with a potential offer. The official offer letter didn't come until the next day.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital River (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process starts by talking about your experience and what you've done. It quickly followed up by "Why digital river?" You then continue to list various snippets from you career that somehow overalap with the current role at hand

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest project you've ever worked on?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you didn't meet the deadline for a project?   Answer Question