Digital River Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Digital River Interview Questions

Interviews at Digital River

2.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Digital River.

Interview

It was more of a technical interview and architectural interview which includes cloud concepts and then behavioral interview which includes my strengths and then a group interview on testing my knowledge on architectural flow

Interview Questions

• Strengths , cloud concepts, technical questions on java , spring boot, eureka , message queues   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Digital River (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

Absolutely the best recruiting/interview process I have experienced in my 20+ year career. Not only was the entire process seamless, but the recruiting director was the most communicative and caring I have every had the pleasure to work with (internal or external resource) - she really wanted what was best for me AND the organization, which, in my experience, is very rare.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Digital River (Minnetonka, MN) in October 2019.

Interview

Company responded to online application wishing to discuss role the following week. Company recruiter was super nice and actually wanted to discuss a few different roles in finding a good fit. That part was fine until I was asked to settle on one salary amount for multiple levels of roles (manager, senior manager, and director). Company told me I would be hearing back and I sent a thank you email with additional questions a few days later. I received a response that I should share those questions with the hiring manager in our upcoming call but then eight minutes later received a "recall" of the message and a new copy came through simply stating I would hear back the following week.

The recruiter and hiring manager then both ghosted me. No further contact was made and no response to follow up inquiries. Over a month after the initial discussion a rejection email came through without any additional information. I contacted a higher level in HR via LinkedIn and did not receive a response when asking what to make of conflicting emails provided.

I contacted the corporate support line who advised I should utilize an ethics complaint website for my concern. The person whom I had reached out to on LinkedIn contacted me back (a month later now) and told me that they found nothing unethical about lying to candidates but that they valued my concerns. I emailed back and requested a person not involved conduct an investigation and was sent an email by their legal team telling me that nothing unethical or illegal had occurred.

The company crashed a few years ago and shed a lot of products and jobs. They are rebuilding but HR seems to be a sore subject for them (see other interviews on Glassdoor). My advice to others is to avoid this company as it is not worth the bad experience. As a disabled applicant it upsets me to see companies choose to ignore potentially valuable applicants through bad hiring practices and defending their staff who lie in the process. The company re-posts some of the same roles online every week and seems to be searching for unicorns instead of taking time to understand why people want to work there and what they bring to the table. Their HR team seems to be helping cost cutting by keeping roles open indefinitely while casually interviewing people to protect their jobs.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your background and why you see Digital River as a good fit?   1 Answer
    • What salary level are you seeking (asked for one number on multiple roles)?   1 Answer

Desktop Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Digital River (Minnetonka, MN) in August 2019.

Interview

First it was a phone interview with the recruiter. Then it was an onsite interview. I have never had an interviewer, where the person interviewing me was doing all of the talking. It was really awkward. I am not sure if the person should be boasting about happy hour as an incentive. As I don't find that as an incentive. Also their body language was not great either. They were rocking back and forth in the chair. They were sitting on one side of the table and the rest in front of me. Every time I had to speak, I had to shift my body towards the person who is asking the question and then turn the other way.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Digital River (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2019.

Interview

Professional initial phone screen. Two interviews with functional C-level. One with EVP and one CEO interview. All personnel were pleasant and people were knowledgeable. Seemed to be trying to work out the goals and best structure and roles would suit the company best to achieve objectives.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in your last job.   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digital River (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Get the job information by the University. Then got the email from the Digital River, told me that he talk with me for my background and experience through the phone. Then we make a time to discuss that.

Associate Business Analyst/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Digital River (Northfield, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

I was assigned a time slot to meet with the Talent Acquisition Coordinator and a member of the team I'd be working with. I was wearing a full suit, both of interviewers were wearing jeans and button up shirts. Both interviewers were very friendly and courteous, interview started on time. They asked typical interview questions about project management and responses to adversity in a group setting. I felt like I focused too heavily on one aspect of my resume, which is easy to do when you're wrapping up college and have limited experience. They offered to field any questions, I asked about Digital River's workplace environment. Both interviewers were very open with how they perceived working for the company, their likes and dislikes, acknowledged the environment had improved, and that what I'd read on Glassdoor is true. I forgot to ask what the next step was until the very end, that was a mistake.

I was not offered an on site interview. The Talent Acquisition Coordinator told me I interviewed well, he felt it wouldn't be a good personal fit. I tend to agree, although maybe he would have felt differently if I talked about my motorcycle.

Overall a positive experience, the TAC was good about informing me I wouldn't be moving on; his post interview comments and suggestions were well taken.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital River.

Interview

Interview process was fast and moved very quickly from initial screening with the recruiter to the last panel interview. Every round of interview was like tell-us-about-you except the one with hiring manager. That was a technical interview with some very good and to-the-point questions. All in all I enjoyed meeting/ talking to folks from DR.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example when you brought improvement in an existing process.   Answer Question
    • How will you handle conflict and a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Digital River (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process starts by talking about your experience and what you've done. It quickly followed up by "Why digital river?" You then continue to list various snippets from you career that somehow overalap with the current role at hand

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest project you've ever worked on?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you didn't meet the deadline for a project?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Digital River (Minnetonka, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

My experience was fantastic and so educational. I was invited to attend Intern Day, where top candidates for open positions are welcomed and introduced to company culture and gain an in-depth perspective into the company's values, work and departments. It was a great experience to be able to look my competition in the eye, but also to gain that in-depth glimpse into the company before accepting an offer.
    When I interviewed for my role, I was really impressed with how they really took the time to get to know me as more than just a candidate. They really worked to learn my career goals, and also my objectives for what I wanted to get out of my internship. Their passion for the work they do was practically radiating off of them!
    That knowledge they gathered about my learning objectives for my internship carried through into when I was hired on as their intern. They made sure I had opportunities to get my hands on a lot of projects within those areas.