Dillon Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2018

1.6

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Hutchinson, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a job fait, so they did group interviews. I originally applied for clicklist, but they said they really needed deli or overnight people. So going in I knew I was doing something that I didn't originally choose.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies.

Interview

Simple Questions. The job is more difficult though then what they will tell you. Lifting nearly 30,000 pounds of groceries daily 5 days a week. Better have a strong back.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Wichita, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call a few days after applying. They gave me a small phone interview then proceeded to email me the information needed for my first in-person interview. It was a group interview with about 8-10 people. They made us say what we like most about dillons and then we had to pair up and try to sell an item from the store.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Hutchinson, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard interview, multitude of questions of past achievements and goals. The interview was conducted in a group setting. Questions on "when was there a time" questions, skill rating and why, and answer your questions

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview is very long! It's very easy to get a job here as long as you can work any hours which is only 20-25 hours per week to start. The hiring manager that hired me started in the bakery herself and made it very clear that the company wants to hire people that want to move up within the company

Interview Questions

• What is one product you like to buy here and why?   1 Answer

Night Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Manhattan, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview is with a group, each applying for different sections. We filled out a form of our job availability. We shared job experience stories then as group had to pitch a product from the store. We had to bring I.D. and Social Security card. On callback you're given a saliva drug test.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Garden City, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and a week later they called. They asked me a few questions on the phone, and then said that I am moved on to the next stage. Went in, gave my ID and information. Was asked a few more questions. Everything was super simple and easy, one problem though. I didn't realize this until later, but they drug tested me before I could get my parent's permission and are currently liable for a multimillion lawsuit. They're too laid back for their own good.

Checker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Wichita, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online, take standard “what would you do in these situations” test, get a phone call to schedule interview. Business casual attire, group interview. Pretty easy interview questions, nothing difficult. Took drug test after I got offered position.

Interview Questions

• What is something difficult you encountered and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies.

Interview

It was basic nothing you won't expect. I actually had 2 interviews one was for a position I applied for the other one was one that HR thought would fit me best

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

The hiring manager was kind. It was a group interview with a small amount of people. A lot of the questions I prepared for was not asked. I took a drug test through a saliva sample. Filled out a lot of paperwork and that took longer than the questions themselves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Tell me one time you had to make a decision that was right, but it was not in favor of your peers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are flexible with school but was not able to negotiate holidays.