Dillon Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillon Companies Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

1.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies.

Interview

Simple Questions. The job is more difficult though then what they will tell you. Lifting nearly 30,000 pounds of groceries daily 5 days a week. Better have a strong back.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hutchinson, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Hutchinson, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard interview, multitude of questions of past achievements and goals. The interview was conducted in a group setting. Questions on "when was there a time" questions, skill rating and why, and answer your questions

Cake Decorator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview is very long! It's very easy to get a job here as long as you can work any hours which is only 20-25 hours per week to start. The hiring manager that hired me started in the bakery herself and made it very clear that the company wants to hire people that want to move up within the company

Interview Questions

• What is one product you like to buy here and why?   1 Answer

Night Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Manhattan, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview is with a group, each applying for different sections. We filled out a form of our job availability. We shared job experience stories then as group had to pitch a product from the store. We had to bring I.D. and Social Security card. On callback you're given a saliva drug test.

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Garden City, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied and a week later they called. They asked me a few questions on the phone, and then said that I am moved on to the next stage. Went in, gave my ID and information. Was asked a few more questions. Everything was super simple and easy, one problem though. I didn't realize this until later, but they drug tested me before I could get my parent's permission and are currently liable for a multimillion lawsuit. They're too laid back for their own good.

Meat Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies.

Interview

It was basic nothing you won't expect. I actually had 2 interviews one was for a position I applied for the other one was one that HR thought would fit me best

Courtesy Clerk Interview

Interview

The hiring manager was kind. It was a group interview with a small amount of people. A lot of the questions I prepared for was not asked. I took a drug test through a saliva sample. Filled out a lot of paperwork and that took longer than the questions themselves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question
    • Tell me one time you had to make a decision that was right, but it was not in favor of your peers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They are flexible with school but was not able to negotiate holidays.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goddard, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Goddard, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

Average length. Very friendly and kind HR. A little bit confusing, though, since you have to go in a different entrance, but generally okay. She gives you a tour on the way through the warehouse to her office and then back again. Met with HR for the first part of the interview, then she brought in the foreman for the second part.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle problems that arise between coworkers?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Manhattan, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

Almost too easy. They ask for your work background and then one basic question about a situation where you've deat with conflict. My interview was with one other person interviewing for another job, which I thought was weird. They're just trying to fill positions don't care too much about you especially when they make you interview with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give a sales pitch for your favorite product in the store.   Answer Question

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Lawrence, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

Group interview with 2 other people. Interviewer had us answer various generic questions and then had us do an exercise where we had to provide a customer with a location of an item in the store and then comment on something we would eat with it and why.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a coworker who wasn't doing their fair share of work.   Answer Question