Dillon Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dillon Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2018

1.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies.

Interview

Simple Questions. The job is more difficult though then what they will tell you. Lifting nearly 30,000 pounds of groceries daily 5 days a week. Better have a strong back.

Anonymous Employee in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Salina, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a group interview. There were about 8 people, including me, plus the interviewer. We went over some history of Dillon’s and Kroger Co. Watched a few videos and was made an offer at the end of the interview. The mouth swag drug test was also at the very end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Simple customer service and appreciation questions. Nothing specific to work history or experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Lawrence, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

Easy behavioral interview that consisted of reviewing my work history, my skills and how I would handle certain hypothetical situations. This was followed by a saliva drug test. I was told that I was hired upon the conclusion of my interview and was then scheduled to train for a couple weeks before officially starting.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dillon Companies.

Interview

I was called within a few days of applying. Then I was offered the position up front and sent to training the next week.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Lawrence, KS).

Interview

Went to a open job fair. Filled out and application and then sat down with an HR person from Dillons and went over my application. He said that after they checked my back ground that they would get back with me. He didn't see in problems since I was working with there other company at the time, Kwik Shop.

Interview Questions

• There was none except I got the job.   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? Was I interested in taking the job for 7.35   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? If I would be willing to take a drug test   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Wichita, KS) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process at my store was extremely easy. Normally the HR will ask a few questions about yourself and explain what types of job duties you will be performing. My interview took 15 minutes but some take up to half an hour. If you interview here be sure to check in at customer service so that they can let HR know that you're there.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goddard, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Goddard, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

Average length. Very friendly and kind HR. A little bit confusing, though, since you have to go in a different entrance, but generally okay. She gives you a tour on the way through the warehouse to her office and then back again. Met with HR for the first part of the interview, then she brought in the foreman for the second part.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle problems that arise between coworkers?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Manhattan, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

Almost too easy. They ask for your work background and then one basic question about a situation where you've deat with conflict. My interview was with one other person interviewing for another job, which I thought was weird. They're just trying to fill positions don't care too much about you especially when they make you interview with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give a sales pitch for your favorite product in the store.   Answer Question

Grocery Checker Interview

Interview

They asked a lot of basic questions about personal life. Nothing complicated or hard. Interviewer was very friendly. If you make it to the interview you're almost guaranteed the job unless you mess up the drug test. Drug test is a saliva test.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dillon Companies (Wichita, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call a few days after applying. They gave me a small phone interview then proceeded to email me the information needed for my first in-person interview. It was a group interview with about 8-10 people. They made us say what we like most about dillons and then we had to pair up and try to sell an item from the store.