Dinsmore & Shohl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dinsmore & Shohl

Sort:

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dinsmore & Shohl (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very average interview, they covered my resume/past experiences, etc. Office space was nice and they valued diversity and inclusion (which is great and rare). Just writing this to see a salary tbh.

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dinsmore & Shohl.

Interview

On-campus interview followed up by office call back. In office, talked with several partners and associates individually in their offices. Lawyers were friendly, but office is quite formal.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were conversational in nature--mostly asking about interests and favorite classes in law school. One question: Why did you go to law school?   1 Answer

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dinsmore & Shohl (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

to be honest - shallow, impulsive hiring manager hired me on the spot. I was never asked anything. It was very strange 'interview'.
    Later, I was fired on the spot. Very bizarre experience overall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not much negotiation. everything happened very fast.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dinsmore & Shohl (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

The two ladies that interviewed me were very sweet, yet professional. They asked why I'm not at my old job, what job duties I had, how I handled rush files, etc. A typing test was also given as soon as I got there.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a file given to you by the attorney that needed immediate attention while you were in the middle of something?   Answer Question
    • What were my job duties at my former employers and why did I leave them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I haven't gone through this phase yet.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dinsmore & Shohl.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview that was 5 days away with the regional office manager. Planned the specific time and date and was told she added it to her calendar and would call me then. I sat around for 30 minutes and never received a call. This was already disrespectful enough as she knew I am currently employed and I had to take time out of my work day to interview. Two days later and I have still heard nothing from her. No apology e-mail, no explanation of why there was no call, not even an e-mail telling me that they went in a different direction. This was very unprofessional and I will never work for this company.

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dinsmore & Shohl.

Interview

I was contacted via email after my resume was spotted on a job search site. An interview was very quickly and easily arranged. First was a timed typing, legal terminology and proofreading test. Then sat down with HR and assistant. Super comfortable atmosphere, easy people to talk to. Fast response time from them. Very good experience all around.