Direct Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

3.4

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

They rescheduled my interview two times. The phone interview was 15 minutes very mechanical interview, felt that they were reading off a list if questions. They told me they would get back to me the following Monday, never responded until Wednesday afternoon.

Data Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly intensive. The first step was a 20-30 minute preliminary phone screening. After the phone interview, I was invited to their campus for a first round of interviews, which lasted roughly 3.5 hours. This round consisted of taking the Wonderlic test, interviewing with a total of 4 employees, and about 45 minutes of observations. Of all of these, I felt that I only stumbled in one interview.

However, I received an email a few days later asking me to come back for a final round of interviews. I accepted, and about a week later, I interviewed with two more individuals, both of which, I felt went very well. They went so well in my opinion, that I felt that a job offer was heavily implied by one of the individuals, but was understandably not made on the spot. I spoke with another employee, and they said that a final interview generally meant you more or less had the job, so I remained very optimistic. I immediately sent out thank you emails, and awaited a response.

Nearly two weeks later, I still hadn't heard back. I sent out an inquiry to the recruiter I was working with and promptly received a canned response saying they had chosen someone else. Though I was disappointed by their final decision, I was not angry because they had turned me down, but rather because of how unprofessionally it was handled. I am fairly sure they had made their decision days or even a week before, so why was I not informed?

The interview process itself took about three weeks, but it took over two months from the time I applied to when I finally received my rejection notice.

All in all, a tremendously disappointing experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 7 or 8 different people during a 4 hour block which was not as bad as it sounds. Everyone was polite and asked if I needed water or something to drink. It was a typical interview environment, but they ran over the time in every interview talking to me. I emailed each interviewer individually afterward to thank them for their time, and did not hear back for 2 weeks about the position. I finally just emailed the recruiter to find out more information and get an update. I found out I got the position, but it was a long process having to wait to find out either way about it.

Interview Questions

• Typical scenario questions; i.e. tell me about a time when you had to have a tough conversation with a team member, tell me about a time when you couldn't complete a project on time and what did you do about it, etc.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university, and received an email about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes with the manager I would be working for. He directly offered me an on site interview from the phone interview, and I went to the Direct Supply site about a week later. The on site interview was exhausting and over 3 hours long with 9 different people that I rotated through, as well as an assessment.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions and about things on my resume and that I'm involved in. One question that they asked was "How would you handle/ what would you do if two of your superiors gave you a task to do at the same time that was time sensitive and needed to be completed asap?"   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted and asked to do a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was extended an offer to do a physical interview. The physical interview consisted of completing a 50 question test in 12 minutes (you are not expected to answer all 59 questions). Then I went through three rounds of interviews. Each interviewer asked mainly the same questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Went through phone interview, then face to face with four individuals (one a team interview), then a final with three individuals. I found the environment intense, for the most part, so I can understand the other Glassdoor contributors who mentioned lack of work/life balance. Didn't appear like these people had another life. No one smiled, except for one person.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

First they asked personality questions, then they asked about all the projects I have done and then there was very little technical questions and the person who asked the technical questions has only been at the company for a month.

There was also the express interview I went to and I had two interviews for the same position but with two different managers. After those interviews they called me back and said they want me in for a two hour long interview.

After the two hour long interview and about 2 weeks of waiting I got the call that I got an offer!

Interview Questions

• Write some psuedo code for calculating the Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within one week to set up a time to have a phone interview. I was able to have my phone interview within days and during my phone interview I was asked to come to their headquarters for an on-site interview. They were very prompt and accommodating with my schedule. Met with four different people within two hours. Went though a series of basic questions about what parts of my jobs I loved, didn't love, and why. Overall, everyone was extremely nice and I would highly recommend friends and family to apply to this company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most dissatisfying aspect of your previous job and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the option to negotiate but was happy with what was offered.

Invoicing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

I was referred to the Express Interview Night by current employees. I submitted my resume prior to attending and received instructions about the process. I attended the Express Interview Night and interviewed for the Invoicing Coordinator position with a Direct Supply representative. I will be informed about one week later regarding my resume/skills and if they will be proceeding.

E-Commerce Transaction Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2015.

Interview

My experience was a joke! I arrived about 15 minutes early to an 8 am interview. The receptionist wasn't there yet so I took a seat until her and her dog walked in. Her first comment was that she wasn't expecting me so early. Huh? Oh ok. She looked over my shoulder while I filled out an authorization for a background check then shuffled me away because my interviewer had come to get me.

According to the interview email confirmation, I was supposed to meet with 4 people. I walked into the room with the young lady that came to get me from the reception area but there were no other people in the room. I casually made a comment about me thinking it was going to be a group interview. She said no, it would be having 4 separate 30 minute interviews back to back. I thought I did well with the first person. Ok so tag team to the second person. Here's where things took a turn for the worse.

#2 (multiple meanings implied) had a condescending tone at times and was asking questions in a way that seemed to be extra judgmental. Outside of the normal expectations of a regular interview. It seemed like his whole intent was to find reasons why not to hire me versus giving me a real opportunity to see that I could have been an asset to that department. Once I was done talking with him I knew I wasn't going to get the job but on to the third person. When we were ending, he asked if I had any questions so I just asked what the next steps would be in the process. He said the interviewers would meet a couple days, exchange notes and decide who to move forward with and that person would have to go through a 2nd round of interviews. Then he said based on that, would I like to continue? I said yes. (I was just trying to get an idea of what to mentally prepare for buddy.)

Third person was cool. Came in with my resume but not a list of questions like that previous 2 had done so that did raise a flag in my head. We talked for about 15 minutes and not 30 like I had with the previous 2. Once we wrapped up, he said he was going to walk me back over to the reception area so I could take the wonderlic test. I asked about the 4th person I was supposed to meet with and he said that he was the last person. Huh? Seemed fishy to me but I rolled with it.

So, as expected, a couple days later I received the rejection email from the recruiter along with comments that made it seem like I was asking like the interview was an inconvenience and all this other B.S. I'm sure #2 had the most to say about not moving forward with me but I'm cool with it. Overall, it just seems like its a bunch of snotty nose brats running things anyways. They want people with Bachelors Degrees but the recruiter was saying they only wanted to pay $14-$16/hour. That's probably why they poach kids straight out of college that are desperate for a job.

I'm only rating this interview as difficult because I've never felt so disrespected in an interview in all my life.

Interview Questions

• 3 different times I had to answer the "tell me about yourself" and resume recap questions.   Answer Question