Direct Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Direct Supply Interview Questions

Interviews at Direct Supply

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Supply.

Interview

I would rate my overall experience with interviewing with Direct Supply a positive experience, and I would be open to reconsidering them in the future, but I feel the candidate experience could still be improved upon by improving following.

The start to finish timeframe is borderline excessive. I understand from talking to the various partners why this is , but if you are going for a focus on culture fit, I feel your interviews should be tailored more towards this. While I enjoyed talking with all partners for both onsite interviews I would have to say only the interview session with the Director went beyond just discussion of role/ my experience and more about trying to find out about the actual person aligned with your culture fit theme, but this could be due to the 30 min time slots which fly by pretty fast.

The last feedback item would be communication. I felt Direct Supply did a good job of keeping me in the loop up to after the second onsite interview. After waiting 3-4 business days for a response I reached out for an update as I had another offer pending which I ultimately decline but due to a lack of communicate for over a week I was essentially forced to issue an ultimatum of a offer which is a bad position to put a candidate in.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply in December 2014.

Interview

Very long interview process. One interview night 10 min interview that was timed with a kitchen timer. A short phone call that lead to a day of interviews: A logic assessment on a computer, followed by four one-on-one interviews: two managers from engineering department, two team team leaders (developers).

Interview Questions

• In what situations would it be best to take a waterfall approach to development instead of scrum/agile   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed with about eight employees over three sessions. One employee wore a winter coat, dark sunglasses, and no shoes, and had no questions prepared. No single interview seemed very difficult. Many of the interviews seemed redundant.

Interview Questions

• The Wunderlic test. Only time I've ever had to take one for any job interview.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Supply.

Interview

Very long and repetitive questions. I interviewed with about 10 people. Some interviewers were quite uninterested in the interview and inattentive. Be very prepared by knowing what the responsibilities of the job you are applying for and know your stuff. They have a very stringent hiring process. Be honest, knowledgeable and relax and be yourself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They don't do much negotiating. Define your salary requirements up front. They do prefer the take it or leave style of negotiation.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was 1 phone interview followed by 2 on-site interviews. The phone interview was mostly an HR interview with the interviewer asking some specific questions about what kind of technologies I worked on and what I will be required to use at Direct Supply.
    The first on-site interview, consists of a logic test (i think 50 questions in 12 minutes) followed by 4 1v1 interviews with employees. The second interview is, if i remember correctly, with the VP and managers.
    The correspondence with the recruiters was easy, and the hiring process was fairly quick, with them making decisions within 2-3 days following each stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• There was no particular difficult question, but I was thrown off a little when I was asked to critique a piece of a working program. There was not much time to think about it, and the answers to the question included comments about 'not needing to use 'str' before the variable name, and similar.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews: one at our campus after a career fair and another round consisting of four interviews in Milwaukee. The Milwaukee interview was nice because the everyone interviewing was driven up to Milwaukee and spent the day talking and having a great time with the Direct Supply reps.

Strategic Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Direct Supply.

Interview

Single Behavioral and Case Interview. Case was conversational and free form, relying on the applicant to drive the conversation and the solution. Interviewer made no effort to steer case in a particular direction. Behavioral interview was composed of straight forward fit questions. Direct Supply is very concerned with finding someone with a perfect fit for them.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2019.

Interview

Very in depth and time consuming interview process. I did not receive an offer after nearly 6-8 hours worth of interviews (phone and in-person). Was asked the same questions over and over again, did not seem to care about skilled background. Will not go through process for a third time because the company leads you on thinking that you will get the job or have a very good chance but then they send you the typical email of saying you're good just not good enough.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite lengthy. Started with a phone screen. Then they invited me to interview with some leaders. They were managers in the company. After 2 rounds, I interviewed with the director. The director was nice and told me

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with basic questions about my past work experience and my familiarity with certain softwares. Next was an onsite interview, a few weeks later. Took a generic logic skills test, had two one-on-one interviews with HR reps, followed by a one-on-one interview with my would-be boss. All interviews were very conversational, nothing too technical.