Direct Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Direct Supply Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2017

3.4

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Direct Supply.

Interview

I would rate my overall experience with interviewing with Direct Supply a positive experience, and I would be open to reconsidering them in the future, but I feel the candidate experience could still be improved upon by improving following.

The start to finish timeframe is borderline excessive. I understand from talking to the various partners why this is , but if you are going for a focus on culture fit, I feel your interviews should be tailored more towards this. While I enjoyed talking with all partners for both onsite interviews I would have to say only the interview session with the Director went beyond just discussion of role/ my experience and more about trying to find out about the actual person aligned with your culture fit theme, but this could be due to the 30 min time slots which fly by pretty fast.

The last feedback item would be communication. I felt Direct Supply did a good job of keeping me in the loop up to after the second onsite interview. After waiting 3-4 business days for a response I reached out for an update as I had another offer pending which I ultimately decline but due to a lack of communicate for over a week I was essentially forced to issue an ultimatum of a offer which is a bad position to put a candidate in.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

I showed up and signed some documents and took the Wonderlic Exam. I waited for another five minutes or so before I was brought back and offered some water. I then spent about a half hour observing an account manager while listening in on their phone calls and asking questions.

A short interview followed where we went through my resume, and a few questions.

After the first interview I had another observing session with a new account manager, followed by a similar interview with two new employees.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Based on what you have seen, what would be the hardest part of doing the job?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

They rescheduled my interview two times. The phone interview was 15 minutes very mechanical interview, felt that they were reading off a list if questions. They told me they would get back to me the following Monday, never responded until Wednesday afternoon.

Data Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly intensive. The first step was a 20-30 minute preliminary phone screening. After the phone interview, I was invited to their campus for a first round of interviews, which lasted roughly 3.5 hours. This round consisted of taking the Wonderlic test, interviewing with a total of 4 employees, and about 45 minutes of observations. Of all of these, I felt that I only stumbled in one interview.

However, I received an email a few days later asking me to come back for a final round of interviews. I accepted, and about a week later, I interviewed with two more individuals, both of which, I felt went very well. They went so well in my opinion, that I felt that a job offer was heavily implied by one of the individuals, but was understandably not made on the spot. I spoke with another employee, and they said that a final interview generally meant you more or less had the job, so I remained very optimistic. I immediately sent out thank you emails, and awaited a response.

Nearly two weeks later, I still hadn't heard back. I sent out an inquiry to the recruiter I was working with and promptly received a canned response saying they had chosen someone else. Though I was disappointed by their final decision, I was not angry because they had turned me down, but rather because of how unprofessionally it was handled. I am fairly sure they had made their decision days or even a week before, so why was I not informed?

The interview process itself took about three weeks, but it took over two months from the time I applied to when I finally received my rejection notice.

All in all, a tremendously disappointing experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 7 or 8 different people during a 4 hour block which was not as bad as it sounds. Everyone was polite and asked if I needed water or something to drink. It was a typical interview environment, but they ran over the time in every interview talking to me. I emailed each interviewer individually afterward to thank them for their time, and did not hear back for 2 weeks about the position. I finally just emailed the recruiter to find out more information and get an update. I found out I got the position, but it was a long process having to wait to find out either way about it.

Interview Questions

• Typical scenario questions; i.e. tell me about a time when you had to have a tough conversation with a team member, tell me about a time when you couldn't complete a project on time and what did you do about it, etc.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university, and received an email about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes with the manager I would be working for. He directly offered me an on site interview from the phone interview, and I went to the Direct Supply site about a week later. The on site interview was exhausting and over 3 hours long with 9 different people that I rotated through, as well as an assessment.

Interview Questions

• They asked basic interview questions and about things on my resume and that I'm involved in. One question that they asked was "How would you handle/ what would you do if two of your superiors gave you a task to do at the same time that was time sensitive and needed to be completed asap?"   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted and asked to do a phone interview. After my phone interview, I was extended an offer to do a physical interview. The physical interview consisted of completing a 50 question test in 12 minutes (you are not expected to answer all 59 questions). Then I went through three rounds of interviews. Each interviewer asked mainly the same questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Went through phone interview, then face to face with four individuals (one a team interview), then a final with three individuals. I found the environment intense, for the most part, so I can understand the other Glassdoor contributors who mentioned lack of work/life balance. Didn't appear like these people had another life. No one smiled, except for one person.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

First they asked personality questions, then they asked about all the projects I have done and then there was very little technical questions and the person who asked the technical questions has only been at the company for a month.

There was also the express interview I went to and I had two interviews for the same position but with two different managers. After those interviews they called me back and said they want me in for a two hour long interview.

After the two hour long interview and about 2 weeks of waiting I got the call that I got an offer!

Interview Questions

• Write some psuedo code for calculating the Fibonacci sequence.   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Direct Supply (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within one week to set up a time to have a phone interview. I was able to have my phone interview within days and during my phone interview I was asked to come to their headquarters for an on-site interview. They were very prompt and accommodating with my schedule. Met with four different people within two hours. Went though a series of basic questions about what parts of my jobs I loved, didn't love, and why. Overall, everyone was extremely nice and I would highly recommend friends and family to apply to this company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most dissatisfying aspect of your previous job and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given the option to negotiate but was happy with what was offered.