Discovery, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Discovery, Inc.

2.8

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

1 on 1 interview. Very precise and there were no ridiculous questions. The interviewer expressed an interest in my personal interests and was extremely polite and accommodating. Job detail and expectations were explained in depth up front.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. The compensation was adequate.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

The initial communication was via email. A phone interview followed. The people I worked with were all very intelligent and creative. My office mates came from diverse geographic, cultural, and academic backgrounds. The corporate culture encouraged diverse opinions, innovation, and ideas regardless of job title.

Meetings often included people from other departments. This provided an opportunity to find out the needs and concerns of a particular program or project from a variety of perspectives.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my offer. My advice is to ask, because you never know if you don't ask.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was very brief and rushed. There was no information provided about specifics of the job.
    The interviewer seemed bored and disinterested in doing anything but filling the position as quickly as possible.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Washington, DC) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR. This was followed by a phone interview with the show's producer. The last stage was a Skype interview with the whole team. It was very informal. Each interview stage was under thirty minutes long. I was hired very quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Silver Spring, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a few weeks of back and forth emails. I had a friend refer me to a hiring manager and corresponded from there. 2 Interviews a week apart and I was in. The hiring manager was extremely personable and we established a pretty friendly camaraderie before we ever met in person, so I had a lot of confidence going into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a challenging moment in your career that helps describe your work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unemployed at the time and was quite happy with their initial offer.

Audit Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

I gave my online interview and still waiting to hear back. Not sure if this means rejection. Is there anyone who has been hired for Audit Internship for Summer 2014? Please help!

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

1:1 Phone interview and then F2F with 5 people.

Interview Questions

• Not that hard but was not lucky enough to answer the question.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. in March 2011.

Interview

Describe a stack, queue, performance of searches. etc.

Interview Questions

• What is something you wish you could be if you weren't working here.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter(Coda Search) who was working to fill the role with Discovery. I initially spoke with a lead engineer over the phone about the role and my experience. After that I was given a take home assignment which I completed within 2-3 hours and sent back in. I then was invited to an onsite where I interviewed with 4 different people. Following the interview I was told the feedback was positive but I never heard back from the recruiter or anyone from Discovery again. Very unprofessional and I would not recommend anyone consider working with either Coda Search or Discovery.

Interview Questions

• System Design: How would you build a video/streaming application i.e. Youtube   Answer Question

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online through their careers page and was contacted a few weeks later for a video interview. Basically it was a program that showed questions on a screen and then recorded you giving your answers. I then was told I moved onto the next round and had a phone interview with my manager, who mainly asked about what my ideas for the companies were and if I actually had interest/experience with social media