Discovery, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Discovery, Inc. Interview Questions

Interviews at Discovery, Inc.

2.7

Recruitment Process IS A Joke Interview

Interview

I've been contacted 3 times in the past year by a recruiter from Discovery and they go nowhere. The recruiter asks for my information and then ghosts on me, even after sending follow up emails.

Intern Interview

Interview

Online. I had 3 days to prepare. They asked 7 questions and had a great intro video before it began. Their program seems really awesome, but it was recently cancelled due to Covid.

Interview Questions

• Why should we pick you amongst other competitive applicants?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through their web site, contacted months later for a video interview through HireVue. Had different HireVue interviews for different positions, and these came in and were due for submission on dates weeks apart

Intern Interview

Interview

I sent in my resume and then received an invite to send in a digital interview through HireVue. I was asked a series of open response questions with the option to rerecord each response once if needed.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite current show on Discovery or any related channels?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

I applied online. They send me an email with a link for a video internship and ask me around 7 questions about my background and interest in the company. 5 of the 7 questions were talking to my camera and recording my answers.

IOS Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

This was for their Food Network mobile application. I had 2 recruiter phone screens followed by a technical phone screen and then finally an onsite consisting of 5 rounds. My interviewers were all outstanding but unfortunately, everything was a mess beginning from the onsite. They apparently have limited space when it comes to having rooms available so we were constantly disrupted and were moving from place to place. The behavioral parts are simple if you did your research and dig into their questions. One of the technical rounds go into Data Data Structures + fundamentals whilst another is more of a pair-programming exercise.

Afterward, I was informed that I would be contacted the following week but they did not even bother giving feedback let alone a rejection notice. I would highly suggest you stay away!

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

HR reached out to me via email to set up video interview.
    1st Round was a video interview via Zoom
    Relaxed questions, nothing out of the ordinary.
    Interview lasted about 15 minutes
    No crazy questions were asked.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

Very brief, from what I remember. It wasn't very difficult to get to the real questions. They ask you questions based on how well you can work with others, seeing as most of the projects or jobs are done in cycles with different departments all acting as a bodied cell to pass the work off to someone else.

Interview Questions

• What are one of your weaknesses?
      How well do you work with others?
      Are you able to complete tasks without a lot of supervision?
      Do you see yourself as a self starter or more of a finisher?   1 Answer

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

After applying online, I got contacted a few weeks later to complete a HireVue video interview. They asked about 5 or 6 questions that were fairly basic. I never heard back from Discovery though, and I never had a person to contact, which was a little frustrating.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Discovery, Inc..

Interview

It is an online interview process on HireVue. You record yourself responding to the question that pops up on the screen and it is timed with either 1-3 minutes.