Disneyland Resort Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Disneyland Resort Interview Questions

Interviews at Disneyland Resort

2.1

Photographer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort.

Interview

The process for photo imaging when I hired in 5 years ago consisted of two interviews. One with a recruiter, and another interview with a department manager. The interview process was great, as long as you have a positive outlook and be positive with your answers as to why you want to work for Disney.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the beginning of September 2015. Immediately after applying I was sent an email to complete the web based interview. After completing that I received and email that I had passed the web based interview. Next I scheduled my first in person interview which took place September 22nd. Then comes the waiting game. I waited for about a week then received an email stating to schedule a 2nd interview which took place on October 15th, and was a group interview. 1 week later I received an email stating that I was hired and offered the position of photo pass, so exciting! :D The entire process took about 2 months. I've heard others taking up to 6 months but it really depends on the department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disneyland?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer made me feel comfortable and and ease. I interviewed with another person and both of us ended up getting the job.
    I think one of the most important things is to go in looking professional and cheerful. They like happy, positive people. Remember the Disney look, no visible tattoos, conservative of the make up, no crazy hair color. I had a beautiful ombré at the time and they had me change my hair color before they could take my ID picture.
    They asked us both a series of questions about our background, favorite memory, why Disney.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position online on their website and within a week, I received an e-mail from them saying to schedule my online interview within 5 days of receiving the e-mail so I went right ahead and did it so I would not forget. It was basically a test where you put if you strongly agree, agree, are neutral, disagree, or strongly disagree and had personality questions like "I am an outgoing person" or "I am never late" so they were really easy and immediately after finishing it, it prompts you with a page saying whether or not you can continue with the interview process. I was prompted with a page telling me to schedule an in person interview within three days so I did it right then and there. There were a lot of different times open ranging from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. almost every day for a week. I chose my day and waited for my interview. On the day of my interview I planned on being there about 20 minutes early even though it encourages you to be 10 minutes early. I miscalculated how long it would take to do an errand and I also hit no traffic on my way there so I ended up being 40 minutes early. Once I arrived on their property, I did not know where to park but there are signs that you can quickly read to figure out where to go and there was a man in the lot who confirmed I was in the right place. I got out of my car and walked to their buildings where a nice old man checked my bag and told me where to go. I walked in and greeted the people at the front desk with a smile. They asked for my name, checked me in, and directed me towards the waiting room. It was just a few comfy chairs in the hallway in front of all the doors that lead to the rooms of the interviewers. I sat down and sparked conversation with the other people there and one by one, they all left me because they had actually arrived close to their interview time. Later another girl sat next to me and we conversed until a woman called my name. The first thing I did was smile, then I immediately stood up and shook her hand. We walked into her room and I sat down across the desk from her. There was another woman behind her who she said was evaluating her performance, not mine, so I shouldn't be worried. She already had my resume pulled up on her computer screen because the first thing she did was ask some specifics about my previous job experience. Then she started asking me interview questions like how I would describe myself, why I wanted to work there, what makes a good employee, how I would handle a disgruntled customer, what photography experience I have (I don't have any professional experience but I joked that I get a lot of likes on my Instagram posts which made them both chuckle), what my favorite picture I've taken and why, and things pertaining to the job like if I like to work in teams, indoors or outdoors, and other stuff of the sort. Then she told me something that basically was telling me I did well with her questions and to wait back in the waiting room while they talked about the positions. When she called me back in, she asked my availability which is open availability until school starts when I cannot work Tuesdays and Thursdays until 6 to which she replied that that was perfect because new employees must have Friday nights through Sundays open. She also asked if I was okay working shifts that may end at 3 a.m. Then she said that the Photopass Photographer position will not be open for two weeks but they do have an open position for Parking Lot (which I've never seen on their website before so I'll talk a little about it here to possibly help at least one person) where you direct traffic into parking spots, drive the tram, recite the safety thing on the tram, and take money from people coming into the structure among other things. She asked which I'd prefer so that was when I poured my heart out about how much I want to be friends with a Disney Princess (if you do not know what that means, look it up, but I do not want to ruin any chances of getting my dream job by something as silly as using the wrong wording and someone from Disney finding this). That was when she gave me some information that I did not find anywhere online. She said that once you're in one position, you cannot transfer to another position for 4 months. I then thought about it and said I'd take a job and just wait the four months for my dream job (after all, you have to complete the audition first before you get an interview and there's no guarantee they're even casting for someone I look like). So after I said I'd want either of those jobs, she said that I will be contacted within two weeks for the Parking Lot position or after two weeks for the Photopass Photographer one which requires a second interview. She kept hinting that I was going to get a job because she mentioned things like that I had a positive interview and that they'll contact me but nothing is for certain. It's only been a day since my interview though so I'll just have to wait and see.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied on Disney careers and didn't hear back till a month later and received an email for the web based interview I passed and scheduled a phone interview and now waiting for in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

Both of the recruiter for my first phone interview and the photopass manager for in person interview are very friendly. I didn't get the position I wanted, but I was offered another position without anymore interview. It was a really comfortable and good experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain what Max Pass is?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort in September 2015.

Interview

I saw the posting online for Photopass Photographers by accident and immediately submitted an application. Three days later, I received an email asking me to do an online assessment. Another two days later, I received a request to schedule an in person interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was at TDA (Team Disney Anaheim), it’s the big green building on Harbor and Ball Rd. The recruiter asked me the general and basic customer service questions such as, “Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.” The recruiter told me that I didn’t have much experience, but that he really liked me so he went ahead and gave me a green paper to give to the receptionist in the front so I could schedule my second interview with the Photopass managers. A week later, I am back for the interview with the managers, which turned out to be a partner/group interview because they were interviewing someone else along with me. The two of us sat down with two managers who asked us about our art or creativity backgrounds and if we knew the basics on camera. After the interview was done, I shook hands with the managers and they told me I would hear from them soon. Two days later, I received the email letting me know that I got the job! I accepted the offer a day later and later received an email telling me that I will be scheduled for orientation a month later (they call it “Traditions” and/or “Our Disneyland Story” “Our California Story” depending on which park you’re hired into).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Disney?   Answer Question
    • Do you know the basics of a camera?   Answer Question
    • What would you tell a guest who doesn’t want your help or who doesn’t want their photos taken by you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort (Anaheim, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

First applied online, then went through a short online "web interview" which were basic multiple choice questions (cannot really fail this one), and then scheduled an in-person interview. I actually applied for Security II position as there was no option for photopass photographer online, but put the photopass photographer as my first choice after security II on my application. So I first went in for the Security II position, but was denied because of my lack of security expirience, but was offered 3 other positions:
    1. Attractions ($11 an hour and no other interview)
    2. Photopass Photographer ($12 an hour but needed a Second interview)
    3. Guest relations (I forgot exactly the name, but it is the person doing the surveys. $12 an hour and needs 2nd interview)

For the interview for Photopass Photographer, the gentleman interviewing me was incredibly conversational, energetic, and extremely friendly. I did my best to match his attitude. Overall, we kept getting side tracked from the interview and talked about a bunch of other things like starwars, quadcopters, favorite cameras, etc. It was actually a super enjoyable conversation. My Girlfriend outside said she could hear us easily outside as we were both fairly loud and laughing. I guess this helped a lot as the gentleman kept emphasizing how being a host is the #1 job (meaning guest relations and holding a conversation) and photographer is #2. The interview went pretty long (aroud 25-30 minutes)

I went in for the interview on May 23rd 2018, received the email of acceptance on June 4th 2018. (10 days later).

Interview Questions

• Show me how you would interact with a group who just walked into a park:   1 Answer
    • What makes a good photo? (two sections: Subjective and Objective)   1 Answer
    • Why this job?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the job?   1 Answer
    • What experience do you have with cameras?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort in May 2018.

Interview

I had a simple phone interview and since I could not immediately start, I was placed on the waitlist for Attractions. I still have not heard back from them and will probably not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Disneyland Resort in August 2017.

Interview

So I first started by applying online knowing to apply for a photographer but I didn't see the position available so I applied for attraction and put Photopass secondary and went on with the application. A few days later, I get a email saying I passed the online section and have moved to an online interview which was basically just an online survey on questions you mark 1-10. Once done that, I get an email that said I got a phone interview and to schedule it so I did on a Tuesday and when the woman called, she asked me basic interview questions, along with my availability, and such like that. After telling me about the job and what it consists of, I asked if there was a way to interview for Photopass in which she sent me an email on to schedule an in person interview.

Once I got to the interview, in a button up, slacks, and dress shoes; I went into the office building, signed in, and sat down waiting to be called with other people probably interviewing for the same position while The Lion King was playing on the tv. Finally the guy called me in and told me people might be walking in but to not be alarmed or nervous and we went through the questions from experiences, to "what would you do" situations, to questions about cameras and photography and my history from it. The interview went longer than expected but I spoke in confidence to show I know what I'm talking about while hence staying upbeat and energetic to give that Disney Ready attitude. As I left, the interviewer said they'll contact me in a week if I'm hired or not.

Finally, after about 10-12 days, I get a call saying that I'm hired and that I should start on the paperworks and training by the end of the month! So hopefully things go wonderful working here but I'm excited and ready! If you're someone like me who's reading these posts about the process, don't stress too much, stay confident, and be prepared. Stay upbeat and stay positive and you got this!