Dobbies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dobbies

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dobbies (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Process went remarkably quickly - from picking up an application form to getting the job, the whole process only took three days.
    The interview itself was very straightforward - since they were only hiring someone to collect trolleys, there were no great expectations, just the usual questions like "why do you want to work here", "tell us about a time you gave great customer service", etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dobbies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If they offer you a position, be as flexible as you can. You may only be offered an 8 hour contract, but rest assured you will more than likely get far more hours than that. However, this also means that if there is a maximum number of hours a week you can work, bear in mind you will have to remind them of that fairly frequently.

Indoor/Outdoor Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dobbies (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Very simple interview was casual and just sat in the restaurant for a chat. I applied for the job by emailing them my CV and the position I was interested in. I had a phone call within a few days asking for me to come in for an interview. After the interview I was contacted on the same day being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Very Customer service based.   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dobbies (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call asking me to come in for a interview. Went in all nervous and met the manager that was to interview me. He asked me a few questions about my previous jobs and how I'd get to work then he asked me what days I could do and when I can work. I had a induction shortly after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dobbies in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted on a one to one basis with the deputy manager of the store. It was relatively short as it was for a part-time weekend job and I had no prior paid work experience. They asked me about my achievements,motivation, interests and hobbies. It seemed to be more of a chat to see what I was like.

Interview Questions

• What is your the achievement you are proudest of?   1 Answer