Dobbies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dobbies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

1.8

Restaurant Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dobbies.

Interview

The interview process was quick, about a week and then quick informal interview, the questions were very basic, mostly asking about my background and why I wanted to work there and then a bit about previous jobs and availability. The interview took place in the restaurant and lasted about ten minutes.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dobbies (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Process went remarkably quickly - from picking up an application form to getting the job, the whole process only took three days.
    The interview itself was very straightforward - since they were only hiring someone to collect trolleys, there were no great expectations, just the usual questions like "why do you want to work here", "tell us about a time you gave great customer service", etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Dobbies?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If they offer you a position, be as flexible as you can. You may only be offered an 8 hour contract, but rest assured you will more than likely get far more hours than that. However, this also means that if there is a maximum number of hours a week you can work, bear in mind you will have to remind them of that fairly frequently.

Indoor/Outdoor Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dobbies (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Very simple interview was casual and just sat in the restaurant for a chat. I applied for the job by emailing them my CV and the position I was interested in. I had a phone call within a few days asking for me to come in for an interview. After the interview I was contacted on the same day being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Very Customer service based.   1 Answer

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dobbies (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Spoke to 2/3 different members of management, told to return later in the week with bank details and told to start that Saturday, told what to wear and what time to start

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dobbies (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call asking me to come in for a interview. Went in all nervous and met the manager that was to interview me. He asked me a few questions about my previous jobs and how I'd get to work then he asked me what days I could do and when I can work. I had a induction shortly after.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dobbies in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted on a one to one basis with the deputy manager of the store. It was relatively short as it was for a part-time weekend job and I had no prior paid work experience. They asked me about my achievements,motivation, interests and hobbies. It seemed to be more of a chat to see what I was like.

Interview Questions

• What is your the achievement you are proudest of?   1 Answer