Domtar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2017

3.1

Sustainability Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Domtar (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a person to person interview, the general questions. They really looked over my resume and asked me about just about everything on it. The interview was fairly long, they asked at what plant I would want to work at and what ideas I could bring to Domtar.

Interview Questions

• Describe the scholarships/awards you received in college. What made you pursue these instead of others?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Domtar.

Interview

I applied on-line for the position. About a month later, I get a call for a phone interview. Domtar contracts out their HR hiring/screening so I talked with a contractor in Virgina who was completely scatter-brained. Instead of talking about the position or my skills and experience, she kept talking about her kids/step-kids and keeping them safe on-line. It was probably one of the worst interviews I've been through. I didn't expect much after that and that is exactly what I got. She seemed almost unaware of their business needs and the business lingo. Domtar should bring their screening back in-house and have more oversight/accountability for hiring. The contracted person is horrible.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Domtar (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Overall, the process was very slow and disorganized. Domtar contracts the HR phone screens out to another company and I think that the communication between the two was poor. I really liked the contracted HR representative's personality, but scheduling times to talk and getting information was difficult. After several phone screens I was assigned to an in person interview. That scheduling was difficult also. The 1:1 in person interview was with who I was to report to and I didn't click with her. She was very uptight and complained to me that I was the first "halfway qualified" person the contracted HR rep had sent to her. The interview lasted about an hour. I received a generic flush email about 3 weeks later.

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Domtar (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Just went in and had couple questions. It was 1:1 nonformal interiterview on campus and I did not dressed very well. Spent about 30 minutes. It was my first interview and I felt very uncomforatble. Did not do very well

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Domtar in September 2015.

Interview

The position was for an on - campus position. I got an interview for the next day during the career fair. The interview started on time and was half hour long. The interview was done by a technical head and was mostly behavioral questions. A couple of questions were based on the projects and internships I had done so far.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Domtar.

Interview

First got a phone call from a team lead for scheduling the interview. It was a two-round panel interview by 5 to 6 people. And there will an observer sitting besides, who turns out to be another team lead in the group

Interview Questions

• All behavior question like your strength, weakness, describe a difficult situation that you encountered and how you solve that   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Domtar.

Interview

Asked several behavioral and chemical engineering related questions and it took about 20 to 30 minutes.
    Asked about previous project experience and co-op experience(which i didnt have)
    Nothing really hard, it was just a typical interview process.
    A panel interview 1:3.

Process Engineer (ELE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Domtar (Port Huron, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

They flew me out within 2 weeks of putting my application in. The interview was a full 8 hours, with about 2-3 new people coming in every 45 minutes. Pretty intimidating and many of the typical personality questions. You interview with some of the warehouse workers and they try to throw you off and are very difficult to please. HR and upper level management were very nice and kind. Overall not a terrible experience. They called within a week to let me know I did not receive the position, very appreciated!

Temporary Labor Pool Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Domtar (Port Huron, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

After a large job fair with 1000+ applicants, an interview was conducted a month later. It consisted of 4 members of management taking turns to ask me a variety of questions to test my knowledge and see how I would handle certain situations, as well as taking them time to get to know me more personally.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the work place? More specifically, have you ever had a disagreement with a co-worker, and how did you work to resolve that?   1 Answer

Sale Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Domtar (Fort Mill, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

I was thrilled to have had two interviews. I was told that I would absolutely be contacted either way..well it is not 4 months later and no word. I felt great about the in-person interview and would have loved to go further in the process. The first was a telephone interview with three people and the next was in person and also with three people, but with two of the people being different.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time in your current job that you had to handle a difficult situation and what you did to do so.   Answer Question

Domtar Response

Jan 28, 2015 – Talent Management Coordinator

Thank you for your response regarding the interview process at Domtar. We recognize that the process sometimes takes longer than we would like and we are currently exploring ways to improve the ... More