Domtar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Domtar Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2017

3.1

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Domtar.

Interview

After about a month of submitting my application on line, I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial phone interview with HR. Then another one with the manager. Then they invited me over for an on-site interview, which was comprised of 1) mostly behavioral questionnaire with that manager for an hour 2) another interview with someone above that manager 3) plant tour. The whole process was almost 2.5 to 3 hours. Then I was invited to a last round of on-site interview, which lasted almost 5 hours, starting at 8. Had to wake up at 5:30 that day to drive all the way there right before the interview. This day was maybe 2,3 more interviews with HR, another engineer, etc. + presentation about some sort of project they wanted me to prepare in an hour, which wasn't that difficult + lunch. The manager and the HR who interviewed me last assured me that I would hear back from them one way or another but it's been over 2 months and still nothing. I gave up on them a long time ago but it's just so rude and unprofessional of them to not even respond to a follow-up email. I would have gladly accepted 'thanks, but no thanks' email but nothing! My interviews with them weren't bad and almost everyone I met there was nice but how they handled rejection was just disgraceful.

Internship Interview

Interview

1 round of general HR interview
    2 round of technical interview more concentrating on my resume.Full knowledge about the resume would help
    More projects related to the company were concentrated in the interview

Sustainability Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Domtar (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a person to person interview, the general questions. They really looked over my resume and asked me about just about everything on it. The interview was fairly long, they asked at what plant I would want to work at and what ideas I could bring to Domtar.

Interview Questions

• Describe the scholarships/awards you received in college. What made you pursue these instead of others?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Domtar.

Interview

I applied on-line for the position. About a month later, I get a call for a phone interview. Domtar contracts out their HR hiring/screening so I talked with a contractor in Virgina who was completely scatter-brained. Instead of talking about the position or my skills and experience, she kept talking about her kids/step-kids and keeping them safe on-line. It was probably one of the worst interviews I've been through. I didn't expect much after that and that is exactly what I got. She seemed almost unaware of their business needs and the business lingo. Domtar should bring their screening back in-house and have more oversight/accountability for hiring. The contracted person is horrible.

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Domtar (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

Overall, the process was very slow and disorganized. Domtar contracts the HR phone screens out to another company and I think that the communication between the two was poor. I really liked the contracted HR representative's personality, but scheduling times to talk and getting information was difficult. After several phone screens I was assigned to an in person interview. That scheduling was difficult also. The 1:1 in person interview was with who I was to report to and I didn't click with her. She was very uptight and complained to me that I was the first "halfway qualified" person the contracted HR rep had sent to her. The interview lasted about an hour. I received a generic flush email about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe myself using three words.]   1 Answer

Summer Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Domtar (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Just went in and had couple questions. It was 1:1 nonformal interiterview on campus and I did not dressed very well. Spent about 30 minutes. It was my first interview and I felt very uncomforatble. Did not do very well

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Domtar in September 2015.

Interview

The position was for an on - campus position. I got an interview for the next day during the career fair. The interview started on time and was half hour long. The interview was done by a technical head and was mostly behavioral questions. A couple of questions were based on the projects and internships I had done so far.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Domtar.

Interview

First got a phone call from a team lead for scheduling the interview. It was a two-round panel interview by 5 to 6 people. And there will an observer sitting besides, who turns out to be another team lead in the group

Interview Questions

• All behavior question like your strength, weakness, describe a difficult situation that you encountered and how you solve that   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Domtar.

Interview

Asked several behavioral and chemical engineering related questions and it took about 20 to 30 minutes.
    Asked about previous project experience and co-op experience(which i didnt have)
    Nothing really hard, it was just a typical interview process.
    A panel interview 1:3.

Process Engineer (ELE) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Huron, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Domtar (Port Huron, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

They flew me out within 2 weeks of putting my application in. The interview was a full 8 hours, with about 2-3 new people coming in every 45 minutes. Pretty intimidating and many of the typical personality questions. You interview with some of the warehouse workers and they try to throw you off and are very difficult to please. HR and upper level management were very nice and kind. Overall not a terrible experience. They called within a week to let me know I did not receive the position, very appreciated!