Donaldson Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Donaldson Company Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Donaldson Company.

Interview

Interviewed for a short-term temporary position. The interview took an hour. I was interviewed by two people who grilled me like it was a higher level (and higher paying) position. I was also “mansplained” one of my own answers, which was an interview first for me. Surprise! - no offer.

Senior Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Very informative. Was nervous about the panel interviewing, but was actually quite helpful to understand the position and who were people and teams I would be working with. There were multiple panels and individual interviews.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The recruiter called and left a voicemail saying she was trying to schedule a phone interview. I called them back and they kept asking me questions when I didn't have time. If it was supposed to be a phone interview, they should have told me so in the voicemail, so as I could find a private room and time.
    They were very unprofessional, I'd avoid.

Technical Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

They contacted me (internal employee) and scheduled a meeting really later after my application. Went through what seemed like a standard interview for a position I was well qualified for, and then they told me that the interview was to coach me on my job hunt and that they'd already hired someone.

The guy was barely older than me, less education, and not as high of a performer... It was garbage,

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you are overqualified for this position?   1 Answer

Assemblers Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donaldson Company.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with human resources manager. Asked very basic interview questions and gave a quick tour of plant. It lasted less than an hour, and I was offered a job within a week of the interview. Prior to the interview I had to take a basic skills test.

Interview Questions

• Why were you let go from previous job   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

Thorough process, several interviews with multiple levels of the organization. Begins with recruiter, then hiring manager. If you pass those two phases then prepare to meet the larger team for individual interviews. Interview is not just focused on you being the right candidate for Donaldson but Donaldson being the right fit for you.

Interview Questions

• What type of work environment do you prefer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was acceptable no negotiation needed.

Operational Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Interview pocess was very esy. I applied online. Got a call from the recruiter then a call from the Quality manager and set an interview. I interviewed and I thought it went great. Got a tour of the plant and office. Meet with quality manager, operatonal supervisor and master scheduler. After the interview I sent out thank you emails. A week later I called to get and update and then I sent anotehr email. Nver heard anything back. So I went on to the next company. 3 months later I get an automated email saying I wasnt selected for the position. Duh

Supplier Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Straight forward 1/2 discussion with multiple elements of the organization; interviewed with key customers that would pertain to the job role. Very straight forward and easy going; Asked questions about situations and gave examples; no far out scenarios or questions....very good common sense discussion; better then some.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a "testy" co-worker   1 Answer

Negotiation

Came back one time with a counter offer and stated it was the final one. Decent enough offer

Product Data Management Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

They just want someone in as fast as possible. I got a call one day from HR to setup a call for later that same day with the Director and Manager. On the phone with me they invited me in for an in person interview. Well...they rescheduled it on me 3 times, not very professional. They will have you sit down with 3-4 people, 30 mins each, and that's it. You will meet the Director, then your direct Manager, and then another manager of the same group. Each has their own tactics, all very different.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I am okay with change. They made that question very clear because the company is so torn apart everyone does their own thing and changes it all the time.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

I had an different experience interviewing. I had interviewed with 9 different people. I had interviewed my many times over many different days. Most of the interviewees where co-workers finding how well I would fit into the group. All interview took place on site in a common conference room. At most where 2 people at one time.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like, what did you do, what do you like to do and why Donaldson.   1 Answer