Donaldson Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Donaldson Company

2.5

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. The 3rd Party company that does the psychological testing is very rigorous and complete. The team at Donaldson is also bright and honest and the questions were well-thought out.

Interview Questions

• If I got a better offer in 1-2 years, would I think about leaving if I was indeed hired by Donaldson?   1 Answer

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

The position was a contract job. The recruiter informed me about the process and the requirement.
    The manager called me for 45 minutes asking me about my previous experience related to the position

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Donaldson Company.

Interview

The process took many months even though I was an intern there for 2 summers with great recommendations. I loved the company and group I was in during my internships and got along great with everyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working with men ? (I'm a woman, no joke they asked me this....)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at my school. Phone interview with HR for about 30 mins. Just some very basic questions. Then a week later I was invited to on-site interview. I had interview with 4 different teams. Heard the result after 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in February 2019.

Interview

Pretty easy going, nothing out of the blue but they did ask me if I'd be willing to relocate at my own expense which was interesting. The people I met with were very kind and basically wanted to know what I wanted out of the internship itself.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

First, I participated in a phone interview and screening with the hiring manager. Then, a couple weeks later, I sat down for a one on one interview with my eventual boss.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in May 2010.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by phone to see if I was still available. Then HR interviewed me the next day via phone. I was then called back later that day to set up a personal interview with HR and my future boss. Both interviews were very professional, yet relaxed. Very nice people work in HR at Donaldson.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to situations in which you are given a disproportionate amount of work compared to coworkers?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with the manager first for on interview. After that I met with a panel of leaders of each department where I was asked questions. I should copies of my past work and reviewed all jobs I had in the past. The interview was about 2 hours long and they called me that day to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in sales 5-6   1 Answer

Negotiation

I gave them a number that ideally wantd and they met me in the middle. they were fair with my salary.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Without question, one of the worst companies I've ever interviewed with. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate, complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• After a lenghtly phone screen Donaldson invited me in for an interview. When I arrived, the interviewer kept me waiting in the lobby 15 minutes past the start of the 30 min interview, then could not find the interview room. When it did start - "sorry but I've got to stick to my schedule and have another meeting", and left after 10 minutes of talking to me! I found that to be extremely rude and inconsiderate of my time. I never have run into that before and one must wonder what it is like to actually work there.

I then foolishly came back to interview for a different position with an equally disappointing outcome. If you've not worked in the oil or air filtration business for 30 years, expect Donaldson to have little to no regard for your skills or accomplishments elsewhere. You might as well stick with a High School diploma and reboot your career because they are unable to translate skills and experiences from other industries.

All in all, an utter waste of time interviewing with this company. I doubted comments made by ex-employees that it's a dead culture and good old boy network - but their behavior definitely confirmed that.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I remember it seemed to take forever interviewed with one HR person via phone first, then another HR person in person along with my future boss, his boss, and his boss' boss.

Followed by psychological type test.