Donor Services Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Donor Services Group Interview Questions

2.9

Telefundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Hollywood, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Showed me around the work areas and the break room. Gave me a sample script to read. Explained that you have to cover 6 points by law before going into the fundraising pitch. Asked about my knowledge of various groups they raise funds for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have difficulties asking for money for a good cause?   Answer Question

Telefundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Called and left full name and phone number. Received a call back with brief phone interview and offered to come and do in person. Completed application/resume on site and took test. Told the same day I had job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked as a telemarketer or fundraiser?   1 Answer

Telemarketer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Hollywood, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Replied to a job post on Craigslist, they promise 13 - 15 dollars to start. It's actually 9/hr with bonuses that could "average out" to 13 - 15. No parking, metered parking out front. bring change and allow yourself a few extra minutes for any unforseen "contingencies".They have you fill out a form with a bunch of history questions (I presume its to test your education level and your knowledge of current events) heres a list of the questions I remember:

1. where can you find this quote?: "we the people of these United States....

A) the constitution B) the preamble C) bill of rights

2. What is the MOST important event in the last 6 months? state WHY you think its the most important event.

3. who is the speaker of the united states' house of representatives?
    A) John Boehner B) ?C)?

4. Who was the first supreme court justice?
    A) Clarence Thomas B) Thurgood marshall C)??

5.who was the first female justice?
    A) Sandra day o connor B)? C) ?

that's all I can remember, thought it was a bit much for 9/hr. These guys really emphasize "active listening skills" just keep in mind that theyre constantly judging you on how well you can strike up conversation. good news for those with that natural ability. They will give you a script, and then you have to rehearse it with the interviewer. VERY IMPORTANT: the interviewer will throw you a curve ball, conversation should go something like this:

YOU: "hello mr____, my name is ____, ( follow script for the intro only)....would you like to donate today for,...

Interviewer: "ah, not right now, I cant afford (whatever, excuse)

YOU: (you should acknowledge that they cant afford it, ask them about their first donation or strike up conversation, like "so I see you have donated to animals, may I ask you what made you decide to donate the first time?<----improvise, but strike up converstation to build rapport. worst thing you could do is go right to talking about the money. you don't want to say, "ummm how about just 75 cents a day?".

All in all, I found it to be kind of a hard interview, felt kinda rushed, they will make a snap decision about you right away.(only one shot to nail the script) but those with natural conversation ability should do just fine.

Telefundraiser I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Hollywood, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Took a current events quiz I had to read a fund raising script, interviewed with hr and one manager, and I was hired. When you read the script, make sure you read the beginning sentences that are in bold. They are called the 6 points and have to be read for legal reasons before you start pitching. Also, the interviewer, playing the part of the donor you are calling, might interrupt you. Be prepared to make conversation and rebut the donor before you do the second ask part of the script.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work there and why I was leaving the previous company.   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you? They might have asked me if I had any problems fund raising for any non profit or political group.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not really negotiate, because I was offered a higher hourly wage than what I was getting at the company where I worked previously.

Rep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

They made me wait almost 2 hours to speak with someone. They also made you fill out 2 pages of questions about history, charitable organizations and spelling. The guy I interviewed with apologized and thanked me for my patience but after having to put money in the meter twice and getting there at 9:45 it was the least he could do.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest event in 2012 and why? (Excluding the presidential elections)   Answer Question

Customer Service/Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Ridiculous. Being asked by a 22 year old (I'm in my mid forties) "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" Because so many people are hired every week, at the end of 30 days there may be one person left from each training class.

Interview Questions

• "Can you read?" Very arrogant, condescending attitude by the employees that "screen" applicants.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no "negotiation" phase whatsoever. Take it or leave it.

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Application and Interview followed by 2 weeks of paid training.

Interview Questions

• A series of questions on paper designed to check your familiarity with issues related to the causes you will be fundraising for.   Answer Question
    • Would you have trouble raising money for conservative causes?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly wage is non-negotiable. Bonuses are based on performance. Starting base is $8.50 an hour, with periodic increases.

Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Like a bee-hive! When I first arrived there were people coming in and out and vying for same position. There was a "waiting" room and they had us fill out an application. Then they gave me some kind of IQ test, asking about the executive branch of government, had to know capitals of states, names of governmental leaders, put events into chronic logical order. Meet with the recruiter. Go back and wait, then meet with other people. A real zoo! Doesn't look like a super fun atmosphere to work in. Believe me, I'm more than qualified to work here, and yet they keep giving you hurdles to jump over, quite lame. Pay you barely more than 8 bucks an hour. Sad...

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Donor Services Group (Sherman Oaks, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

found the job posting and sent in application. went in for initial interview to learn about the job and discuss qualifications. brought into training class for 2 weeks before starting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to resolve an issue and how you did so in a timely manner   Answer Question

Negotiation

For this position there was no negotiation and I needed the job

Telemarketer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Donor Services Group.

Interview

Don't overprepare for this job interview. It is a joke. You found it in the film section on craigslist for crying out loud. They have a quiz to see if you are knowledgeable about current events and how government works. A polysci test. But honestly this is just for looks. It's showbiz to pump you up. Because everything they're about to tell you is a lie. They are not helping anyone. They hire so many people a week just to toss them out with the trash within one to two weeks. That's because you will work the hardest during this time and they don't need people much longer than that.

Interview Questions

• What appealed to you about this position? (this interview is a breeze, again it's just a formality. Invest nothing into it please.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me minimum wage with the false promise of a raise. I was an idiot and accepted.