Dot Hill Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dot Hill Interview Questions

2.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dot Hill (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

He is the head of software architecture. He sent me the email to make a phone interview appointment. He called me at the interview date and let me introduce myself. He also went through each project in the resume and asked several questions he was interested in. He also asked me some technical questions related to my resume. He also questioned me what my career goal is. At last, he asked me whether I was comfortable to program in C.

Engineer Interview

Interview

fairly interesting, late mtgs, several peers, two managers, hr, maybe a senior manager? but don't know/recall title exactly. About 2 hours, then took about two wks/(longer? cannot recall exact timing, but to get back in touch about final decision and work to offer letter

Interview Questions

• technical domain based, software oriented, details, experience. Common peers, prior companies   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dot Hill (Longmont, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

The face-to-face interviews were conducted by 4 or 5 managers, architects, and software engineers. What struck me as strange about these interviews is that they asked me almost no technical questions for a very technical position. One interviewer just vented the whole time about his management and peers which got me wondering why I was even there. I'm always skeptical in interviews when all they do is give you information about the company and don't ask you any questions....one has to wonder if they already selected someone and are just going through the motions or if they disqualify you at first glance.

Engineering Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dot Hill in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with several different people, in both group and one-on-one settings. Overall, people gave me the impression that the company is a good place to work. Even though the pay is somewhat below-market and workloads are heavy, people seem to like it, and find the work and co-workers stimulating and engaging.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment are you most proud of in your career?   Answer Question
    • Write me a shell script on the whiteboard, and explain it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dot Hill in August 2010.

Interview

Found job, applied on-line. Contacted internal contacts.
    Got interview via phone and at office. Very effective and organizes. 5 hours

Negotiation

Very clean and specific. No unknowns