Dr. Bronner's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dr. Bronner's

3.2

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dr. Bronner's (Vista, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

You'll think you're interviewing for a CEO position. It's one thing to be thorough and another to be interrogative. First an hour and a half phone interview. 2.5 hour in person interview. Then the hiring manager said I "embellished" my skills and would like me to come in for a working interview to prove I'm capable. Accusing me of embellishing my skills is unprofessional especially before giving me the proper chance to prove my abilities. Later cancelling my work interview and never rescheduling and no longer getting back to me about where I stood. The hiring manager had led me on for 3 months by then and I finally withdrew my candidacy because of her unprofessional nature. I could no longer see myself working alongside her. If someone has big expectations of me, I too have high expectations of them. Most of all, the couple people I met there had huge egos. I'm looking to work with a team not be someone's pawn.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you made a mistake at work and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Dr. Bronner's (Vista, CA).

Interview

1. Phone interview
    Rather extensive.

2. Onsite interview with a panel of 3

The only questions asked were behavioral questions. Lots and lots of them-which is an outdated hiring method. They explained that they wanted to take great care in hiring so as to preserve the special working environment they enjoyed.

The hiring manager prides herself on taking a good portion of a year to find the exact right candidate for hire. She explained that she mulls over the decision for a very long time before hiring anyone. She points to the six people she has hired over the past 4 years as proof that her methods are sound (“not one has quit!” “Everyone wants to work for me!”). Unfortunately for her, unless she’s tracked all the candidates she’s turned away and proved they would not have worked out, she can’t really point to her hiring methods as being anything special. Thus demonstrating that she has a poor grasp of statistical reasoning (“Texas sharpshooter” analogy anyone?).

Then they asked about tasks not stated in the job description.

And in the end, after over 2 months, they decided not to hire anyone.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions- "Tell me about a time when you realized you'd made an incorrect decision"   Answer Question

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dr. Bronner's.

Interview

They conducted a Skype interview first, where most of the questions were asking me about my personal life and what I do in my free time. Kind of odd, and a little unprofessional, but no biggie.

They invite me to a second interview and provide me with several prompts to answer and present to them. I worked tirelessly on the answers and considered the concepts, creative and messaging that I put together to be of great value. I came in for the second interview to present and everyone seemed very frazzled. One of the members was on vacation and needed to be Skyped in and had poor connection so we experienced many issues of his screen freezing. The other member was a Vice President and was on his phone most of the time and seemed to be in a rush for his next meeting, which he left halfway through my presentation to attend (not sure why he needed to be there in the first place). Unfortunate that my interview was on a “off” day for them, but things happen. They mentioned that they were happy with the presentation and thought it was “great” and that they would let me know their decision in the next week or so.

Several weeks went by and crickets. I already followed all of the Dr. Bronner’s social media accounts online, so I immediately noticed when they published one of the graphics I designed for them in my presentation. “OH MY GOSH!” I thought, “They’re using my work! This must mean that they chose me! This is wonderful news!”

I immediately emailed the manager to follow up on our last interview and mentioned their use of my graphic. He apologized for not getting back to me earlier and said that he “thought our HR department had reached out” already about their decision. I never received an apology about using my work without my permission! No credit was even given - that is plagiarism! Extremely unprofessional. I was so hurt (and angry), but I decided to be the bigger person and email them back with a very nice response, asking if there is anything I can do to make myself a stronger candidate for a future opportunity with them.... and nothing.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dr. Bronner's (Vista, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

Initially I had a 30 minute video interview/screening with someone in HR. A week or so later I was invited to an on-site interview where I met with the initial HR person I interviewed with, and 2 others in the marketing department, 1 joined via video chat because they lived up in Northern CA. The onsite interview took about an hour. When I arrived, I had to check-in with reception and print out a badge. The HR person came to greet me and took me on a short walk through the building to a conference room where the interview would take place. Everyone was really nice! I really enjoyed meeting with all of them about the position. Ultimately, I wasn't a fit for the position but the interview experience was positive and valuable, for me.

Interview Questions

• - Tell about your experience with SEO and paid advertising.   Answer Question
    • - Provide an example of a successful campaign you managed and why it was successful.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question