DrAxe.com Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 5 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at DrAxe.com

DrAxe.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DrAxe.com in Sep 2017

Interview

I have to echo many of the negative reviews regarding the dr axe interview process. To say I am shocked is an understatement. I had about 3 interviews with the team and always received positive feedback at all stages. I even had what I considered the 'final' interview scheduled with the VP of marketing only to be told they are moving on completely. I believe they had no intention of hiring me or considered me as a viable candidate but only used me to probe for some free consulting which is highly unethical. One member of the marketing team called me out of the blue during working hours to ask that I provide the email address which I am subscribed which is a violation of CAN-SPAM regulations. They wanted me to walk them through my journey as a subscriber and provide feedback. I have to say that as a long time reader and community member this process has completely changed my perception of Dr.Axe and the larger team. Never have I been treated as such during an interview process. While the success of the site is unquestionable--I have to wonder if the highly positive reviews are smoke and mirrors if this is the way potential candidates are treated.

Interview Questions
  • Can you provided feedback on the website? On our email campaigns?
    1 Answer
6 people found this interview helpful

DrAxe.com

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DrAxe.com in Aug 2017

Interview

Asked me to give a brief walk-through of my resume, asked me one question in regards to the position, then stated no more questions, "We'll be in touch", with no follow-up steps. I'd suggest that you have a set of technical questions to ask candidates before completely disqualifying them from a position. I was asked nothing in relation to this position, other than if I'd ever built email campaigns before. You cannot determine someone's skillset based on one part of the job description. Seems like DrAxe.com doesn't want to put in the work to find the right fit, they just want it to walk in the door.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

DrAxe.com

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at DrAxe.com in Jul 2016

Interview

Initially, I was contacted via a recruiter for a phone screen less than a week after applying. It was very brief and more focused on just getting a few more details about me (expand on resume a little and some HR blanks to fill). Then soon afterward, I was requested to do a "project". I completed the project in the time given. It took nearly 3 weeks before I heard from them again, but I was requested to have another interview. During the interview, I found out the project was dropped from the process and may have little to no weight. The interviewer was very kind and friendly. It was a good casual conversation. Next step, I was invited to a video interview with the hiring manager. As could be expected, the interviewer was more in depth about my experience and was able to provide more insight into the company and the specific requirements of the role. Barely more than a day after the video interview, I received the "Thanks, but the role has been filled." I am certain it has not been filled (2 weeks later, still listed on the website with subtle text updates), so perhaps it was the wrong canned verbiage sent to me. I understand most companies won't be more specific, but I would prefer the more honest rejection that they are pursuing others rather than a lie. All in all, the interviewers were friendly, and they are still learning the hiring process as the company grows. They still have some work to get there. Sounds like it could be a good place to work. I wish them the best of luck and hope whoever the second best candidate turns out to be works out sufficiently for them.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your background in depth (I don't want to give away anything else too specific)
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at DrAxe.com (Nashville, TN) in Apr 2016

Interview

I had 4 interviews, the first two were over the phone. By the third and fourth interview I was a bit nervous but the conversations were so genuine. I didn't feel like I had to sell myself or boast about my accomplishments. It was more about them seeing if I was the right fit for the team by genuinely getting to know me.

Interview Questions
  • What do you see in yourself as a weakness? Can you describe how you handled a situation with a customer who was difficult? How do you handle pressure? What is your biggest strength? What made you want to apply?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at DrAxe.com (Nashville, TN) in Nov 2015

Interview

The interview process was very personable. It was at first a friendly conversation between myself and two upper level management folks. The second interview was between the President, my supervisor and myself. They were very thorough in their questioning, and I was even given an assignment to complete to show that I knew my stuff. If you don't know your stuff, don't apply, because these people are looking for top talent. They did check references. I would highly recommend them.

Interview Questions
  • What types of marketing budgets have you worked on in the past? What online programs did you write direct response copy for?
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed