DraftKings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DraftKings Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

I initially applied online and within about a week I received a response to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen the recruiter asked about my background and gave me a basic conditional probability question which I answered without any issues. I was then informed that for the next round of the interview process, I would receive a phone call from representatives of the team. During the call I would be able to gain an insiders perspective on the responsibilities of the role as well as complete another exercise. Unfortunately, the second phone interview did not take place. After sending numerous emails and leaving several voice mail messages to the recruiter who scheduled the initial phone screen, the second phone interview did not take place.

Interview Questions

• a.) What is the probability that 4 people are born in 4 different seasons?
      b.) What is the probability that 4 people are born in the same season?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying, i heard back almost instantly with an invitation for a first round interview (next day i think). However, it took almost 2 weeks between being invited to interview and actually having a time scheduled. The first round was a phone screen from the recruiter. I was blown off during the first scheduled appointment and was only rescheduled after I directly reached out and set up a new time. When that call did eventually happen, it was a complete waste of time. It literally took 2 minutes despite telling me it would be a "45 minute discussion." After this I was quickly moved forward into a phone call with a member of the analytics team, where we went through a quantitative case interview. This went smoothly, and I moved on to round 3 where i spoke with another analytics team member on the phone for a more open ended business case, which also went smoothly. I was then invited in to the office for a final round interview consisting of two more cases and a behavioral interview. After leaving the interview I was told I would either receive an offer or a rejection as soon as that same day, but no later than the end of the week. It is now 3 weeks out and counting, and i have heard nothing one way or the other despite multiple follow up emails.

TL;DR: Every interaction with the HR department, whether it be phone screens, scheduling the next round, or hearing back about the previous round was absolutely terrible. However, the analytics team and the people you meet in the office are fantastic. The issue does not seem to be a DraftKings-wide problem, but rather an incompetent/indifferent HR department.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen #1: What are the odds 4 different people would have birthdays in unique seasons?
      Quant Case: How much would you be willing to pay to play a game where you pick one bill out of a bag with equal proportions of $10, $20, $50, $100 bills? What if you got to put your bill back and pick a second time? What if you could pick a third time? What if you could remove all of the $10 bills before you picked?
      Business Case: You own a local coffee shop. You notice your profits are down over the last week. Walk me through the process of isolating what the problem is.
      In Office case 1: Contest sizing
      In office case 2: similar to the coffee shop question but with trains. The city that operates the train network sent out a survey about customer satisfaction, and an overwhelming number of people selected the dropdown option "queues and delays" as their main complaint. Walk through the potential sources of the problem.
      Behavioral in office: went through resume, elevator pitch "tell me about yourself", relevant work experience, why you want to work at DraftKings, etc.   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and then an onsite interview. Very difficult process, if you mess up any of the math questions you seem not to be considered any further as they weight your answers on those questions greatly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

got a first call to see if I was fit personally for the company and if I knew about their company.
    The second interview was technical and it was online. They give you some code and tell you to implement new methods to the code. I had a interviewer that would not even tell me his name and told me I had one minute left without any previous warning. Make sure you complete it in less than 45 minutes

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

2 phone calls, both from really nice people. The first is with an initial screener and the next is with an analyst from the firm. If you dont get the questions right, you dont get an offer.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Initial Phone Screening with a Talent Recruiter from the company, it was around a 10 minute phone call where we discussed basic personality questions and a simple conditional probability question

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What experience helps you for this job? A simple conditional probability question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Two case questions, one hour each, plus a behavioral interview and lunch. Case questions were tricky but staff was very friendly and overall experience was positive. Did not end up receiving offer.

Interview Questions

• One was concerning demand at a train station and one had to do with structuring one of their games.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DraftKings (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Absolutely terrible and unprofessional. They responded quick at first and they scheduled an interview, canceled without notice and then never even replied back. They need to respect people's time better.

Interview Questions

• What time would you like to interview?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

first round - phone interview with recruiter. simple probability question.
    second round - phone interview case study with analyst from team. another probability question
    third round - another open ended case study with interviewer.

I would say the HR and company in general needs to value their candidates more. I had interviews where no one called me at the designated time twice. I didn't hear back or get an answer why. I had to follow up both times in order to reschedule. It turned me off to the company and I decided to turn down the next round of interviews.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

2 phone calls, then 1 on-site case study. phone calls were probability based. case study is about creating a game for DK, and something regarding revenue in a theme park using excel and pivot tables.

Interview Questions

• 1 bag, full of 10s, 20s, 50s, 100s
      equally distributed