DraftKings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DraftKings Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2018

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DraftKings in June 2018.

Interview

I applied through the website and received an email asking to schedule a phone interview, about a week later. I was not called when scheduled and had to email to reschedule. The phone screener called on time for the 2nd try and we spoke for 25 minutes. I did get asked questions about things that were important for the position, though not included in the job description, which was disappointing.

Product Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

I applied online and heard back for a phone interview. The interview was with an hr rep and the manager of the department. They called on time and the interview lasted for 45 mins. At the end they said that they wanted me to have a face to face interview so they flew me to Boston 3 days after the phone interview. In Boston the interview consisted of two regular interviews, a train case study and a contest building question. After the interview I was told I would hear back later that week. On that Friday I emailed my contact as i had not heard back yet. She responded and said that someone would contact me. Didn’t not hear back till Monday and was scheduled a time to talk to a hr rep. They told me hat they were still doing interviews and I would hear back on Friday. Ended up being offered the job. In all the process lasted just over 2 weeks from first interview to being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• A train case study, seems to be used a lot.   Answer Question
    • What is the probability that 4 friends are all born in different seasons?   1 Answer

Human Resources Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

This company clearly has poorly managed and unprofessional recruiters. Last summer 2017 my first phone interview was scheduled 48 hours in advance and I never received a call from the recruiter. The call was rescheduled for a week later where the recruiter still did not call me on time. I've read through quite a bit of these interview feedback reviews and this seems to be a common trend. I have a friend who use to work in the same building as them and my friend told me that everyone refers to these employees as the "Frat Boys". This leads me to believe that either A) their heads are so far up that they have zero respect for anyone else's time B) its a power move created to boost company ego

When I finally did get the recruiter on the phone, one of the questions he asked me was "What do you know about DraftKings?" Having come from an HR background, I was fully prepared for this question and did my homework before our call. I gave what I considered to be a well thought out and accurate description of the company, app and services. The recruiter went on to tell me that I was completely off base and then he proceeded to re-word, almost in its entirety, the description I had just given. He then told me that if I was to interview in the future I should really look at the company website/app before speaking to anyone. Mind you - I had.

I received an invite for a 2nd round interview that was cancelled last minute because they filled the role internally. Please note, the email where they cancelled this interview was addressed to the wrong name..

I'm not sure where the rot is coming from in this company, but the stench is overwhelming

Customer Experience Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email for a phone interview with HR. The woman was very nice and easy to talk to. Went in for an interview and lasted about an hour. I talked with 3 different people from the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was unhappy and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online, and within a few days had an email from a recruiter requesting to meet to discuss the position. Even though I replied almost immediately with my availability, I had to follow up again a few days later as nothing had been scheduled. I was then instructed to send my availability for the next 7 days to a scheduler, which again I did almost immediately. I did not hear anything for 5 days, until I finally received an email letting me know she had confirmed the time for the next morning.

When the "confirmed" time came, the recruiter never called me or sent an email to apologize. I felt that this experience was a complete waste of my time. From reading the reviews on here, it seems that this is the standard practice the HR department has.

Director Game Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview , call happened on time however, there was a mismatch between what was posted in the job description (Analytics) vs what the recruiter was looking for (Probability & Statistician).

Interview Questions

• Probability question - 4 randomly sampled people are born in 4 different seasons of the year, what are the chances?   1 Answer

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

I initially applied online and within about a week I received a response to schedule a phone screen. During the phone screen the recruiter asked about my background and gave me a basic conditional probability question which I answered without any issues. I was then informed that for the next round of the interview process, I would receive a phone call from representatives of the team. During the call I would be able to gain an insiders perspective on the responsibilities of the role as well as complete another exercise. Unfortunately, the second phone interview did not take place. After sending numerous emails and leaving several voice mail messages to the recruiter who scheduled the initial phone screen, the second phone interview did not take place.

Interview Questions

• a.) What is the probability that 4 people are born in 4 different seasons?
      b.) What is the probability that 4 people are born in the same season?   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

After applying, i heard back almost instantly with an invitation for a first round interview (next day i think). However, it took almost 2 weeks between being invited to interview and actually having a time scheduled. The first round was a phone screen from the recruiter. I was blown off during the first scheduled appointment and was only rescheduled after I directly reached out and set up a new time. When that call did eventually happen, it was a complete waste of time. It literally took 2 minutes despite telling me it would be a "45 minute discussion." After this I was quickly moved forward into a phone call with a member of the analytics team, where we went through a quantitative case interview. This went smoothly, and I moved on to round 3 where i spoke with another analytics team member on the phone for a more open ended business case, which also went smoothly. I was then invited in to the office for a final round interview consisting of two more cases and a behavioral interview. After leaving the interview I was told I would either receive an offer or a rejection as soon as that same day, but no later than the end of the week. It is now 3 weeks out and counting, and i have heard nothing one way or the other despite multiple follow up emails.

TL;DR: Every interaction with the HR department, whether it be phone screens, scheduling the next round, or hearing back about the previous round was absolutely terrible. However, the analytics team and the people you meet in the office are fantastic. The issue does not seem to be a DraftKings-wide problem, but rather an incompetent/indifferent HR department.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen #1: What are the odds 4 different people would have birthdays in unique seasons?
      Quant Case: How much would you be willing to pay to play a game where you pick one bill out of a bag with equal proportions of $10, $20, $50, $100 bills? What if you got to put your bill back and pick a second time? What if you could pick a third time? What if you could remove all of the $10 bills before you picked?
      Business Case: You own a local coffee shop. You notice your profits are down over the last week. Walk me through the process of isolating what the problem is.
      In Office case 1: Contest sizing
      In office case 2: similar to the coffee shop question but with trains. The city that operates the train network sent out a survey about customer satisfaction, and an overwhelming number of people selected the dropdown option "queues and delays" as their main complaint. Walk through the potential sources of the problem.
      Behavioral in office: went through resume, elevator pitch "tell me about yourself", relevant work experience, why you want to work at DraftKings, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position and received a call for an interview in a timely manner. Despite not getting passed the equation, I had a great experience during the interview process.

Partnerships Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings in April 2018.

Interview

Good interview for the first two rounds but lacked successful communication and were extremely unclear about what they were looking for and stating their expectations. Throughout the process they were not great with communication.