DraftKings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Senior Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn and I had a phone screen with the recruiter. I then had another phone interview with the Director of Delivery Management. Within a week, I was brought in for a onsite interview. I met with a number of people who were friendly, laid back and made me feel comfortable. Everyone I met was helpful and asked me different questions (which I found is not always the case when companies do these types of interviews). Unfortunately, the hiring manager was on vacation that week that I came in so I had to come in the following week to meet with him. However, I had received positive feedback from the recruiter between the initial onsite and the follow up and he phrased it as "we want to make sure that you like who you will be working for and vice versa" which I appreciated. Since this was the beginning of the summer, it took about another 1.5 weeks to get an offer and another few days following to negotiate and get the paperwork signed. Overall, great experience and the interview process was the reason why I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

DraftKings Response

Sep 23, 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for lending your thoughts regarding your interview experience. We are happy to read that you had a pleasant experience. Feel free to share your experience as an employee on the 'Employee Reviews.' section. Your anonymous feedback helps DraftKings improve for all employees.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

The first step was a typical phone screen with behavioral and resume questions. The next step was a coding challenge on Hacker Rank. Did not proceed past this step.

Interview Questions

DraftKings Response

Apr 22, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best.

Stay safe,

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The overall interview process was pretty good. Recruiters and interviewers were friendly and very responsive. It took about 2 months for the whole process. Didn't make it to the end though.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about OO Design, my resume and behavior questions.   Answer Question

Apr 6, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your interview experience with us. We hope you are staying safe during these challenging times, and we wish you the best moving forward.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings in April 2020.

Interview

A phone call from the recruiter asking about the agile process and what roles and responsibilities after that I was asked to do a technical phone screen which I believe I did very well and explained my code to the interviewer. I solved all the parts of the coding challenge in the stipulated time which is not easy to do given that you have to wrap around your head to problem statement and at the same time come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• Validate lineup for a team that consists of validating 6 different requirements.   2 Answers

May 7, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in March 2020.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, had a phone screen then he sent me a HackerRank coding challenge. Hardest coding challenge I've had by far including FANG companies. Impossible for me to complete in 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Write class methods to add, delete, modify, and print people that have manager-worker relationships   2 Answers

Mar 3, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for interviewing at DraftKings. We appreciate your feedback regarding HackerRank and will pass along to our interview team.

Best wishes,

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Hands down the most organized interview I've had. A recruiter reached out out to me the day after I applied on LinkedIn. There was a screen call then followed up with a 2 hour onsite interview (met with four people). They asked standard industry questions and followed up with a few open ended ones. The vibe was casual and everyone on the loop was welcoming.

The team reached out to me a few days later and sent an offer. Everyone involved in the hiring process was efficient and attentive.

Interview Questions

• Open ended scenario questions on prioritizing tasks and how to handle stress.   Answer Question

Feb 10, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Welcome to DraftKings! Thank you for your feedback on your interview experience. Do not hesitate to let us know how we can support your career at DraftKings.

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Initial phone screening. Great professional conversation. I thought everything went very well until a question of future sponsorship was raised. I think they were looking for someone who is not seeking sponsorship.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your past experiences working with the team of Engineers.?   Answer Question

Feb 10, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and best wishes during your career search.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 Hour Coding interview. Moved on to the next round and they flew me out to HQ in Boston. 1 hour of whiteboarding, 30 minutes of interview over stuff on my resume, then lunch for culture-fit interview. First two interviews were pretty average, but the culture-fit interview was poor in my mind because I was stuck with someone who couldn't really hold a conversation if it wasn't about the Android libraries he was gushing over at the moment. Got a call a week later saying I would hear back in a week and that they were impressed with my technical skills. Didn't hear anything for a month so I emailed and they responded saying it would be another week. Got an email saying I was a rejected a week later. Not a fan of this process.

Interview Questions

• Design an automated robot waiter system with pseudocode   Answer Question

Feb 10, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We regret the delay in communication during your interview. Your feedback will be shared with the interview team — all the best in your career search.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Was given college level coding challenge assignment (some classes that supposed to reflect the user's management system), finished successfully; the assignment has raised the question what did they try to test? For the person with my skills and experience that was frustrating.
    After the coding exercise interviewer did not come to the call twice. Every time I had to contact recruiter to ask what is going on? was getting e-mail with an excuse in 40 minutes or so.
    I still do not understand why it was so difficult to shoot an e-mail and reschedule the meeting in advance?
    Withdrew the application; IMHO the company could have improved the basic business culture.

Interview Questions

DraftKings Response

Jan 21, 2020 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview process. We shared your feedback with the interview team.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview was straight forward, applied for a role, they called me, call with HR rep, then hiring manager. Notified next week that I was not selected for the final round due to "case study question"

Interview Questions

• Based on our model/app, what would you implement from an overall marketing perspective?   2 Answers
    • You currently work many marketing jobs to build portfolio experience, if you get this job will you still do all of these jobs?   Answer Question

Jan 22, 2020 – Senior Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for interviewing with DraftKings. We wish you the best moving forward with your career search.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Bad. I have to say that the HR is really UNEFFICIENT. I got the feedback of onsite the interview after a month... after I emailed him three times! It's really unfair that other's question is the restaurant design but for me, a new one!!! The employer was late for ten minutes, and he found the question for another 10 mins. So there are just 40 mins for me to solve the OOD. That's ridiculous!

Dec 20, 2019 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

We apologize for your less than stellar interview experience. Our Campus recruiting team strives to provide all candidates with best-in-class interview experiences. Due to the increased interest of applications, elements of the interview process become delayed as our Campus recruiting teams want to evaluate all candidates fairly. Some interview questions are changed to keep the integrity of the process intact. We thank you for your honest feedback and for taking the time to interview at DraftKings.