DraftKings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

DraftKings Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2018

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

2 phone calls, both from really nice people. The first is with an initial screener and the next is with an analyst from the firm. If you dont get the questions right, you dont get an offer.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Initial Phone Screening with a Talent Recruiter from the company, it was around a 10 minute phone call where we discussed basic personality questions and a simple conditional probability question

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What experience helps you for this job? A simple conditional probability question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Two case questions, one hour each, plus a behavioral interview and lunch. Case questions were tricky but staff was very friendly and overall experience was positive. Did not end up receiving offer.

Interview Questions

• One was concerning demand at a train station and one had to do with structuring one of their games.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

I applied online in Oct and they reached out to me in early Dec for the first round video interview. When the scheduled time came, the interviewer said there were some problems with their software "zoom.us" and asked me to reschedule. I emailed back with my availability but he didn't reply. A week later I emailed the recruiter and she said she'd reply but she didn't either. Maybe they have just filled the position before my interview, but the silence is really rude and inconsiderate.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DraftKings in January 2018.

Interview

A week or so after applying I was set up for a preliminary interview with an HR staff member. As described in other reviews it was a pretty standard phone screening; a couple behavioral questions and then a probability question that I answered correctly. Compared to other HR personnel I've interviewed with recently the interviewer seemed pretty unenthusiastic and monotone but I'm sure interviewing candidates day in and day out gets tiring. I was set up with a second interview to talk to the hiring manager, but I realized that the culture didn't appeal to me so I withdrew myself from the application process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA).

Interview

The HR team is horrible, they first scheduled an interview with me then when the time came didn't call and emailed me saying if they can reschedule I thought this was fine and said okay, but they never bothered replying to an email after that. I sent a following e-mail and still no reply. It seems they just like wasting people's time.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA).

Interview

Everything, including the onsite interview, went incredibly quickly and smoothly. I could tell that they had thought about candidate experience and didn't want to waste any time. I had three phone screens in a week followed by one half-day onsite. Within 24 hours of each screen I was able to schedule the next one. Just seriously fast response from the recruiting team.

I thought my interviews went well--the recruiter told me he got great feedback from everyone, but that they all just had to get together and discuss my candidacy and how I'd fit in on the team. He'd call me within *an hour* to let me know one of two things: either I'd get an offer, or they'd need more time. Wow!

Well I never got a call, so three business days later I emailed the recruiter asking what's up. I never got a reply to that email, so two days later I messaged my referrer on LinkedIn.

Two weeks later I think they did a good job of explaining what was going on. Still not fun to wait, but it seemed like an atypical situation.

Interview Questions

• Two cases, a casual lunch to determine culture fit, and some personal/career goals stuff. Skills used: business thinking, algebra, drawing graphs with the right shape   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter where I talked about previous experience and then had a simple conditional probability question. I then had a phone case study with an analytics team member. After that I had an onsite where I had two hour long case study interviews and then a behavioral interview. The whole process took around a month or month and a half

Interview Questions

• Case study where they create a hypothetical business with certain sources of data and a problem and they test your thinking of how you would quantify and solve the problem   Answer Question

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DraftKings in December 2017.

Interview

The company is basically a pretty girl at a bar who will say 'no' to you when she finds out that you used to live in a trailer. She'll never know or care what she's missed -- another guy will make sure of it.

The test they administer has nothing to do with competency and everything to do with compliance and conformity. I know because I'm very competent, but I failed the test because, as I said, it measures whether you hate being tested. I cannot stand being tested, largely because, especially for live-action tests, no adjustments are made at all for someone who doesn't like it when people watch him code. And when those people are looking to eliminate you from the process.

That is literally the test: Whether you can code normally when someone is watching you from the controls of the mechanical bull, trying to throw you off. What they will say the test is, is a simple object-oriented class and methods. A customer has multiple "line ups" and each lineup has a total score and a player list of player ids. When a player scores, you will have to adjust the total score of that player in each lineup. Similarly, return in another method the top customers by total score. That is, return the top 20 customers by the max scores in their lineups.

They also really insufficiently failed to make me WANT to take the test. If you're in the job market, you know that EVERY company wants you to take its test, and NO company wants to acknowledge that your time is being heavily taxed, anywhere from one half-hour to four hours at a time. When I asked for a salary range for the position, I was only told it was "competitive." They did not make it easy for me to look forward to being tested, because they completely failed to understand why anyone would not like to be tested.

They looked at my resume, but not at my github. I have been coding for over 20 years. I am obviously sore because I really wanted the job and I truly thought that I would be a good fit. I'm a punter, too, so I would have been paid for doing what I love to do.

Interview Questions

• The process takes almost two months. The email said, "If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask" and the next email (a month later) said "Sorry, I didn't see your reply, here are the answers to your questions."

The questions were what is the salary range, and do I get intellisense. The answers were "Competitive" and "no."   1 Answer

Senior Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone screen: expect them to ask general questions and a probability braintease. They asked me what I knew about the company and why my current professional experience would make me a great fit for the role. The recruiter gave me a lot of backlash about the number of years in professional experience during the phone screening. I have a masters from a top 20 university and a year's worth of professional experience working on machine learning models as a predictive modeling analyst (in which I directly report to directors and my VP). Apparently that did not suffice? I could not hear the interviewer and at one point there were people talking in the background from his end. Very distracting.

Be prepared to answer a probability question that is inconsistent to the role itself.

One good thing is that they'll let you know immediately that you will not be proceeding to the next round. They'll let you know they'll keep your application for other roles that may arise. But after my experience with that interview, I'm not interested.

Interview Questions

• 1.) What do you know about the company and why are you a good fit
      2.) What's the probability that 4 randomly selected individuals have birthdays in separate seasons   1 Answer