DraftKings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DraftKings Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

It is a phone interview. Three questions including Two behavioral questions and one technical question. The HR's voice was boring and hard to understand. You must try your best to get what his question is.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

The first call with the recruiter went well and it seemed that the recruiter and I were on the same page. With that being said, I heard no feedback for almost a full month, even after following up. At that point I figured they went another direction and moved on. Lo and behold, the recruiter reaches out a month later to schedule a phone call with a manager for second round. Ok, sure.

The person I interviewed with was incredibly awkward over the phone and got kicked out of the conference room they booked before the phone call was over (less than 30 minutes!) I didn't have the opportunity to ask any of the questions I had prepared for the interviewer, which was incredibly frustrating. I followed up via email asking if it would be possible to set up a little extra time so I could ask the questions I had prepared. Radio silence.

ANOTHER 2-3 weeks go by and I hear that a different team wants to interview with me. I set it up, interview, and then hear nothing again. I think I followed up 3-4 times before I got a generic rejection email. It took almost two months to get through three phone interviews... incredibly unorganized, not very professional.

I get if the company is understaffed, but when a candidate is going out of their way to prepare for the interviews, know and understand the company, and take time away from their job to prepare for/schedule each round, a simple email explaining the rejection would've sufficed. It was like pulling teeth.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Interview

So I talked to a tech screen guy, got "great" feedback. Then did a phone interview - got "great" feedback. Then I got invited to an onsite, which was supposed to be 4 different interviews. I get asked a question containing multiple parts, my interviewer goes over each point and tells me each one was done correctly, except one, which he I then quickly corrected and he agreed with my answer, and then he says he's gonna get the next interviewer. Ha, joke's on me, in comes the recruiter to ask me how "I think it went" (what was the point of that again?) and to tell me that my interviewer said I was "close, but not quite there" - so I get walked out after 1 interview. Despite all the great feedback in the phone screens, despite the interviewer acting like I did fine, and despite the recruiter said I was "close," apparently I wasn't worth continuing the rest of the interviews, even after they had spent money to fly me out. I can't help but to think this is a crappy interview process, and the fact that I wasn't even worth doing the second technical interview after the time I spent (getting days off work, etc) to basically kick me out is simply a humiliating and frankly awful way to treat somebody.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings in October 2017.

Interview

Three phone interviews. First was with Human Resources going over resume and ask probability question. Second and third were the same and asked about a case study on conditional expectations. If you get by both of those then an on-site.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very slow. I applied online, received a call from the recruiter, they scheduled phone interviews with two different hiring managers, then a case study, then an onsite interview with another case study and 5-6 different sessions.

The process was organized, but there were several conference calls/video calls for the in-person interview, which slightly defies the point of an In-person interview, I think.

Most of the interviewers were nice and easy to get along with- others seemed to not like me from the start. It seems very cliquey.

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DraftKings in October 2017.

Interview

Applied for Entry Level Business Data Analyst. The reply took almost 3-4 days where a recruiting coordinator has asked for a phone call interview. The team took 2 months to call me as it was postponed more than 4 times without notice. I had to mail them exactly at the time my call was supposed to be to double check and then again I would receive a mail requesting for another phone call after 1 week. Very Very bad ethics from the company, Finally a hiring manager called me and the conversation was smooth tough and gave a generic probability question. After that they said they would mail me within a week or so about next steps and no further communication as usual. I mailed the coordinator and hiring manager yet they fail to respond. Too bad about how they treat people and not stay on a schedule. Two big thumbs down!!

Interview Questions

• General Probability question of what would be the probability of 4 people in a family having their birthday in 4 different months   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Very quick initial turn around after applying. I received an email less than a week later asking to set up a phone interview. They called on time as planned and the recruiter was very easy to talk to, formal questions in an informal conversation setting. I was told that I would hear back within a week and have not, although this seems fairly typical for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, resume review, past internship experience. Probability question that comes off as a brain teaser but was fairly simple when thinking of the solution.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings.

Interview

Interview process was fairly rigorous. I went through three rounds of interviews before they went in a different direction. Technical interview wasn't bad but apparently they were just looking for experience in the area of data science.

Interview Questions

• They asked a few expected value problem questions about a game they created   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings in September 2017.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had. Could barely hear anything the interviewer was saying due to people talking on their end in the background. The interviewer could not possibly be any more arrogant telling me after two questions that I would not succeed within this role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DraftKings (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds, 2 phone interviews and an onsite interview in their Boston office. The first round was a phone interview with the recruiter, mostly behavioral with one stats question. The second round is a call with a member of their analytics team.

Interview Questions

• Given a family of 4, and given that there is an equal probability that a family member is born in a given season and each birth is independent, what is the probability that all 4 family members are born in different seasons   Answer Question