DraftKings Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
DraftKings CEO Jason Robins
Jason Robins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The people are great to work with" (in 8 reviews)

• "Work environment is well-balanced" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is absolutely no work-life balance" (in 4 reviews)

• "No cons, it’s an awesome place to work" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Exciting time to be at DK"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, lots of young people looking to make a difference within the industry, team oriented environment - employees are encouraged to do great work to support your team and projects, growing company with lots of opportunities for upward mobility, hiring like crazy

perks: mani-pedis, massages, game tickets, free food & snacks,

Cons

People assume you need to love sports to work here - you don't, currently on a bunch of different floors so it feels like we are all very split up but we are moving to an awesome new space (biggest one floor office in Boston) so hopefully that will get better, over 80 percent men but I haven't noticed any real negatives around it...the company is starting a diversity initiative to improve these numbers

Advice to Management

Keep making positive change and being transparent with your employees

Nov 19, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to read how much you are enjoying your team, career opportunities, and the office perks. Diversity and Inclusion continue to be a focus for us. We... More

2. "Amazing company with an incredible opportunity in front of us!"

I have been working at DraftKings full-time

Pros

Draftkings has surprised me in the best possible ways at every turn since I’ve started here. The culture is fun and people really seem to enjoy spending time with each other. There is a great deal of freedom to socialize and build camaraderie while being balanced with a commitment from everyone to work hard and get things done.
    The leadership team seems to really care about the people there and wants to ensure that people are happy, motivated and are given the opportunity to work on interesting work.
    The potential upside here is unparalleled. I have the opportunity to work with smart, friendly people who are driven, passionate about succeeding and who are great to work with.
    I feel strongly that this is the next big company in Boston and am really excited about working here.

Pay and benefits are very good. They also offer 12 weeks maternity leave, tons of free perks (mani/pedi/onsite barber/massages/great food) and have a solid 401k match.

I also feel compelled to share that I am not someone who considers watching sports or playing fantasy sports as hobbies. I am also a woman. When I first joined I was a concerned that both of those things might create obstacles to my success here or that I wouldn’t fit in. I’m glad to say that these things are not must haves and that the company is working hard to hire people who bring differences in thought and opinion.
    I’m so glad that I made the decision to come work for DK.

Cons

The office space presents challenges for serendipitous interactions with people outside of your department because we are spread out on multiple floors at the moment. That’s changing with our new one floor office that we are moving to early next year.

It’s a high growth company so there’s a lot of work to be done. If you’re not ready to roll up your sleeves and make an impact or be held accountable for results it’s probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people. Don’t lose the great culture you’ve built. Keep focusing on growing the business footprint. The sky’s the limit!

Nov 20, 2018 – Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We're happy that we exceeded your expectations. We have made tremendous strides to maintain and improve upon our culture. We're bringing in the right talent that... More

"Company growing, employees leaving"

Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Boston, MA

I worked at DraftKings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool space, product is unbelievable to be apart of

Cons

HR is completely missing. Employee after employee is leaving and no one is saying why. From my first day not one member of the HR team remains within the company. They have no process for growth. Favorites are picked and moved around the company on thrones. Hours are spent working at home, off hours and they can’t even hand out a holiday bonus??? I have worked the last 4 thanksgivings, Christmas and New Year’s Eve. All I get was a holiday party done in the office steps away from my desk with an after party at a bar. Without an HR overall DK will be in the headlines soon

Advice to Management

Employees are begging to stay with a product they love. Management needs a shake up ASAP

Nov 20, 2018

Thank you for your 3+ years of hard work and dedication to DraftKings and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As you witnessed, the company experienced significant growth and... More

"Rising Company with Enjoyable Work Environment"

Current Employee - Software in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Software in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Felt strong connect with management, enjoyed co-workers.

Cons

Capped growth potential within company as an engineer.

"Customer Experience"

I have been working at DraftKings full-time

Pros

Great place to work, I love it here!

Cons

No cons, it’s an awesome place to work!

"Needs to be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, decent healthcare, good office location, 401k, some decent colleagues.

Cons

Sexism; Racism; Rampant nepotism; Favoritism; Incompetent HR; too many employees get away with doing subpar work while others are held to different standards (you will be thrown under the bus).

Advice to Management

DK is one HR violation away from becoming an Uber/Nike/employment scandal. Instead of hiring more people to fix your issues, listen to your longtime employees who have been loyal. There is a reason why the seasoned employees are leaving. You should start cleaning house of employees who don’t do anything and get promoted/recognized. It creates hostility and resentment. The “culture” has changed tremendously and not for the better. Fix it before we have more headlines.

7. "Negative Experience"

I worked at DraftKings full-time

Pros

remote work, flexibility in work hour

Cons

Rake percentages high, formatting for gpp's is top heavy

8. "Ok company"

Pros

Pay is above average around Boston.

Cons

Culture us not very good.

"Fast-Paced and Fun"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Constant new development and innovation, starting early on you will be expected to design, build, and test your own systems.
    - Ownership means learning all about the deployment, maintenance, and testing side of the process as well as coding.
    - Surrounded by excellent engineers.
    - Fun office perks and culture. Snacks, beer/wine, extra curricular events help build more personal relationships with coworkers
    - Flexible schedule and vacation time/work from home policy.

Cons

- Incredibly fast paced, and a "bias for action" means projects are often started before they are fully thought out. You will probably build at least one thing that doesn't get shipped or used in production. It can sometimes feel like the team is scrambling without a clear goal.
    - The engineering org structure is constantly changing, and career paths are not as clearly defined as they should be.

Advice to Management

Try to fight for clearer specs before beginning projects. Realize that a poorly built project delivered sooner might hurt the company in the long term vs a well built project delivered later.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Technologist in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Technologist in Boston, MA

I have been working at DraftKings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Very strong technical talent
    - Interesting work, with real scale
    - Excellent workplace perks (Haircuts/Nails/Massages/Food on Friday)
    - Access to fun events; the box at Gillette stadium is great
    - Growing rapidly
    - Strong team vibe

Cons

- Our technical documentation needs some work