Drawbridge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Drawbridge

3.1

Sort:

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Drawbridge in December 2015.

Interview

Because I do not live at Bay Area, there were 4 technical Skype interviews and one HR phone interview in the same day for me to get the offer. This seems to be the new policy of the company. The questions were average in difficulty for Java Developer positions and not tricky at all. They would love to learn more about your basic knowledge of Java and algorithms. The potential manager was more interested in my previous intern and project experience. I guess good communication and passion for techniques will help. The result came out the following day. The techniques they are using are great and the company is growing fast.

Interview Questions

Drawbridge Response

Jun 1, 2016 – Recruiter

Welcome to the team and thank you for your feedback! I would greatly appreciate any additional feedback on how we can improve our interview process to make it (excellent). Feel free to email me at... More

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drawbridge (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was really smooth and fast & took around 3 weeks. The position was for a Java developer and I believe I received the call because one of my academic research project resonated with the work the company does.

Due to confusion in time zone, I missed my first interview, but the recruiter was kind enough to give me another chance.

The first step was a 45 minute technical Skype interview with coding in coderpad. It was a standard algorithm based which wasn't that hard to answer. The interviewer was quite friendly and gave me good insights about the company and the position. I received a mail a week later inviting me for the next round.

The next step was supposed to be an onsite interview, but since I was in East coast, it was turned into a 3 hour long Skype interview with 3 different interviewers. Each interview was 1 hour long, where I had to code online in coderpad. It was a standard interview where I was asked about my different projects and then later was given a programming question to solve. The programming challenges where not particularly tough and more emphasis was given on the Object Oriented way of programming. Interviews were really friendly and gave me helpful hints to guide me through the problems. The key is to understand their hints and solve the problem from there.

I received a mail a week later, asking me to chat with the manager for the final Skype interview. It was more of a discussion rather than an interview even though I was given a programming question to solve as the manager chipped in with his insights on how the problem should be approached and I gave my reasoning about the approach I chose to do. In the end, I was asked about my interests and my expectations from the job and the salary, to which I answered to frankly.

I got a call a couple of days later from the recruiter, informing me that I had got the job and was offered a very good compensation.

The few things that I might add as suggestions to improve the interview process are -

1. Please do not send emails from Jobvite, as every new email comes from a newly generated email address which makes it really hard to find them later.
    2. Please try to bring the east coast candidates onsite as well as it would give us an opportunity to observe the work culture more clearly and would give a greater insights about the position and company.
    3. Though coderpad was a way better alternative to say something like Google docs, I would still prefer whiteboard coding as it gives me a better way to represent my thoughts using flowcharts and diagrams.

Though I really loved the position and was satisfied with the salary, I decided not to join the company as I was offered a job at other company which allowed me to work on one of my dream projects.

Good luck to anyone reading my review and preparing for their interview at Drawbridge.

Interview Questions

• Lot of my questions were on the Ad Serving project that I did in my Masters.   Answer Question

Jun 1, 2016 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We wish you the best in your new role!

Java Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drawbridge (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they replied after a week asked me about why drawbridge and scheduled the first round phone screening. The phone screen interview only had one question related to mathematics. I passed the first round and scheduled the second round. However, a day before the second interview, I got an email says that the position has been filled and close and came with an apology email. I got no comment on that.

Interview Questions

• Given a system, a number N, represent item #, and several numbers that represent the factor that it will process the item # if the item can be a multiple of it. Found that how many items cannot be processed?
      Ex: Given [2, 5] and N = 10.
      2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 5 can be process the remaining number is 1 3 7 9, so return 4.   2 Answers

Java Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Drawbridge in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on school's career website about 5 months ago and wasn't approached by HR until I totally forgot that I had applied to this company. First a phone interview, then several hours after the phone interview, the HR arranged a two-hour skype interview with 3 engineers on the next day.

Interview Questions

• 1st round phone interview: write a function that finds substrings that contains only consecutive repeating characters and return a list of characters that form the substrings. For example, input "thiisiissaa", returns i i s a, input "thiiissisa" returns i, input "abcde" returns a b c d e.
      There were three rounds of interview in the 2-hour skype interview that followed the initial phone interview. 1st round, given an unsorted array of integers, sort the array such that the numbers in it form the largest possible number, for example, given [3, 30, 9, 14, 1], the array should be sorted into [9, 3, 30, 14, 1] because 9330141 is the largest number you can form from the numbers in the array. 2nd round, implement a queue using an array. 3rd round, given a list of cities, each city has a population value, write a function that returns a city in the input list. The probability of returning a specific city should be proportional to the population of the city. For example, if the list contains city1 with 15 pop value and city2 with 5 pop value, then if you call the function 4 times, on average it should return city1 for 3 times and city2 once.   2 Answers

Aug 27, 2018 – Operations

Thank you for the insight on your experience! We appreciate the time you dedicated speaking to our team and wish you the best in your new role. I would love to get more feedback. If you are... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drawbridge.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Software Engineering Intern. I received a Hackerrank challenge couple of days later. It had two algorithmic questions which was to be completed in 60 minutes. This was a web-cam based coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• It was a question similar to Valid Parenthesis but with some modification.   Answer Question
    • A magical sub-sequence of a string S is a sub-sequence of S that contains all five vowels in order. Find the length of largest magical sub-sequence of a string S.   Answer Question

Mar 5, 2018 – Operations

Thank you for your feedback. I would love your input on how to improve our interview process. Feel free to contact me at zinzi@drawbridge.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Drawbridge.

Interview

Got sent an online coding challenge, I did it, and never received a replied. Even if they rejected me it would've been nice to get an email notifying me, as I took the time to apply and do the challenge.

Interview Questions

Drawbridge Response

Feb 27, 2018 – Operations

Thank you for your feedback. If you have not received an email to move forward or rejection note. The team is working diligent to review your code. We apologize for the delay, but due to volume of... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drawbridge (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an online assessment. 60 minutes 2 questions with webcam on. Passed all test cases, never heard back. Leetcode easy-medium questions. Hope to hear back from them soon.

Interview Questions

• Degree of an array, Sort an array by number of 1s in the binary of integer, if number of 1s are same, the smaller one should be placed first.   Answer Question

Aug 27, 2018 – Operations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drawbridge (San Mateo, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

First I had a phone/skype screen round where I was asked a simple Frequency Map/Set question. Then they scheduled a 5 hour skype interview.

3 of the interviewers asked me typical puzzle like programming questions. One of them was to write knight's tour. I wrote the code correctly but it wouldn't run because the interviewer was insisting on running it for the 8*8 board. She just would fail to understand that there are so many combinations in a 8*8 board that an online judge would never be able to process.

Two interviewers asked simple Map-Reduce/ Spark like problems. One of the interviewers was quite experienced and sensible. The other one tried to increase the complexity of the question by specifically applying constraints to whatever solution I provided. Basically, he was determined to prove me wrong. At one point, I realised it was stupid to argue with this guy. Tells me the mindset of the team.

Interview Questions

Drawbridge Response

Sep 11, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and interest the opportunities at Drawbridge. We apologize that your experience was less than excellent. We do our best to provide an excellent candidate experience and to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drawbridge (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First round was technical (video + collabedit) of 45 minutes. You can expect to solve two programming problems on this one. The interviewer seemed a bit tired and not interested in taking the interview. , I was asked one or two questions related to my background just because of courtesy I think (not interest).

Then we started with the first coding problem which was an array based simple problem. While coding the first one, collabedit was giving me trouble as I could see another copy of current line below it, which was a bit uncomfortable to look at. I told this to my interviewer but there was no resolve for it, so I continued and solved the first one with only one bug. She asked me to refactor code which was again difficult with collabedit's peculiar behavior. Anyways, my logic for the problem was correct according to her, so we moved onto second problem.

She gave me second problem, which was level order traversal of a binary tree with a slight difference that here each level should be printed on a new line. I explained the logic first and then solved the problem with no bugs. I felt good as I did solve both the problems within time with best running time.

In the end, I asked her two questions regarding Drawbridge and her experience there. She replied with least amount of enthusiasm and energy (I don't know why).

After the interview was done, I thought I would definitely receive next round as their was no other reason for not receiving it. Next day, I received an email from HR stating that "they have decided not to move forward at this time" (no feedback whatsoever). I feel disappointed not because I was rejected but there was no reasonable explanation for that decision.

Anyways, whosoever is planning to interview for Drawbridge, just prepare well for the standard algorithm problems and with some luck, you might get through. All the best!

Interview Questions

• Array based problem
      Level Order Traversal of Binary Tree   Answer Question

May 30, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and interest the opportunities at Drawbridge. We apologize that your experience was less than stellar. We do our best to provide an excellent candidate experience and to... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Drawbridge (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

It involved phone screen initially which had two questions. The recruiter also asked about few projects on my resume which consumed a bit of time.The interview questions were array based mostly. It was quite easy to crack the first round of the process. But then I was not able to finish two questions in the first round. So I got a reject.

Interview Questions

Drawbridge Response

May 20, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your interest in the opportunity at Drawbridge and interviewing with our team. We would love to stay in touch as the team grows. Best of luck in your search.