Drees Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.6

Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drees Homes (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

You will have two face to face interviews. Usually after your second interview you will have to take eight tests. Testing computer knowledge, basic math, personality test, and two general home building test. Overall interview process is not difficult if you are knowledgeable on what you are applying for you will probably get the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: when dealing with a difficult vendor how would you approach handling the situation.   1 Answer

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Drees Homes (Manassas, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I met several members of management through a detailed interview process, met the current design consultants on staff. I was also asked to do general testing required by the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Builder/Construction Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drees Homes (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2016.

Interview

The process started out with a phone call and short phone interview to see what my interest level was. An in-person interview was set up the following week where I met with the production manager and had a 45 to 50 min interview. The following week I went back for a 20 to 30 min follow up with the regional manager and production manager followed by an assessment test that took approx 90 min

Interview Questions

Negotiation

During the interview we had discussed ballpark numbers and when the offer came it was what we had discussed

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Drees Homes.

Interview

Brief and casual. In hindsight, I wish the employer would have given more details about the job requirements. I was not told that you could be sent to another community at the drop of the hat. I was also not informed that the incentive program that was offered upon hiring, was optional based on the agent you were working with at the time. Some agents were generous and participated in the program, others were less than generous and refused to compensate representatives for help with the sales of homes.

Assistant Home Builder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drees Homes (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

After applying for dozens of jobs, Drees was one of very few to acknowledge receipt of my application and resume. Within a couple days of this acknowledgement, I was contacted and asked for a brief interview. I went in and talked with a couple of the guys and thought they were very down to earth and good people.

Interview Questions

• After telling them I had my own company where I sold jobs, I was asked to sell myself to them which caught me a little off guard.   1 Answer