Ducommun Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ducommun Interview Questions

Communications Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ducommun (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter did first interview and briefing call and was very professional and honest. But phone interview with hiring manager was a disaster. She is an HR VP and does not understand what a corporate communications role is. Asked bizarre questions and was quite rude "You are not answering my question" she said because she did not understand anything at all about media relations or communications. Sad!

Interview Questions

• How have you done internal communications in a leadership role?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ducommun (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience interviewing with recruiter. Very detailed, clear, and concise. Went over the opportunity, the expectations, and the desired outcome. Outlined roles and responsibilities, timeline, and location of employment.

Electronic Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ducommun (Appleton, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with an HR person, a senior manager, and 2 test engineers. I had some general questions from HR and the manager at first. Then I met with the engineers individually and was asked to describe what some circuits did by looking at some schematics. I was supposed to get a tour but somehow that slipped through the cracks.
    Over all the experience was good. However, it was difficult to get a hold of HR to return calls or get responses through email. I am not sure why since the company needed to fill the position as soon as they could. Also, they never formally gave me an offer until my 1st day of work. I was afraid they were going to try a bait and switch on me as far as my hourly wage was concerned; but, luckily they didn't.
    There was also a strange incident that happened. The door they told me to enter through for my interview was locked. I called the HR person from the parking lot and they came down to let me in. I still don't know if that was some kind of planned "test" or if someone really accidentally locked it. It seems kind of strange to have just happened with no explanation.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would troubleshoot an electronic device that is completely dead.   Answer Question

Engineering Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ducommun.

Interview

Like any other interview process I went through you need to know about the company you are applying to.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ducommun (Carson, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Open and friendly. Thorough and panel approach. Like the process. Not feel that I am under a lot of pressure. I should be more prepared with related industry experience to impress the panel

Welder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ducommun.

Interview

Phone interview with welding supervisor. Friendly conversation about experience and background in the field. Asked for face to face interview and weld test with TIG on stainless steel and titanium to test proficiency.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had experience TIG welding with stainless steel and titanium   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ducommun (Tulsa, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was fairly lengthy. Got an offer for a higher position, countered by only 5K and the offer was reseeded.Then when I explained that it was a characteristic of a buyer, and offered to take the original offer, they continued on with a different candidate. I thought this to be a classless act. Its a common practice to counter in salary.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ducommun (Carson, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very casual. Asked what sort of experience i had with web and marketing materials production. It was must know because you do so much with content creation. It was a great interview made me feel very comfortable

Interview Questions

• Do you know Adobe programs?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ducommun in June 2012.

Interview

Formal, with various functional leaders. Not particularly challenging, but depending on interviewer. Did not have a standard set of interview questions. Some interviews were one on one, and a couple were two on one - more for their schedule convenience than as planned interview structure.

Interview Questions

• Experience review, motivation for considering job, why think you are qualified. Interview questions were not difficult, more conversational. Personality, poise and cultural fit seemed to be of most concern. This is a conservative company that values personable and professional demeanor, not flash.   Answer Question

CNC Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsons, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ducommun (Parsons, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially started as a Temp. The hiring process was very simple. I submitted an application online and was called in less than a week. Phone interview was very simple and was given a date the following Monday for a site visit. After a tour of the facilities I met with the department lead and was hired pending a drug test. When I went full time there was an additional interview with the department manager. Every thing was very friendly and mostly moved quickly, except they wanted me to complete the first 90 temp before going full time.

Interview Questions

• Mostly focused on manufacturing process and general information. The big one was to write measurements using decimal rather than fractions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only negotiation was available with prior experience, of which I had none.