Duncan Aviation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duncan Aviation Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duncan Aviation

Instrument Technician Interview

Interview

I was interviewed through an online chat because they didn't want to spend the money to fly me out for the interview. That was the first bad sign then he asked pinpointed questions about a certain gyroscope troubleshooting problem I could not answer because I didn't have the schematic in front of me. I was also asked my salary requirements and just like my application I said $30 an hour which is average for my experience and I also told them there is very little negotiating the amount.

They low balled me by offering $19 an hour along with continuing to emphasize the cost of living is less here. I was insulted and promptly turned it down.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation (Lincoln, NE).

Interview

There can be an initial interview done on skype. The second interview takes place face to face with the asst. manager and typically the team leader that is interested in your application. If you do well on the initial interview they'll fly you to the home base for a follow up. It's a pretty straight forward interview. Most questions revolve around safety and background.

Interview Questions

• What's the first thing you do when approach a maintenance task?   1 Answer

Engine Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation.

Interview

I applied online, five weeks later I received a phone call to set up a phone interview for the following week, during the phone interview standard questions nothing too in depth just background information, was e-mailed to inform me they had selected someone else the second I hung up. It was nice to know quickly, but not that quickly, to at least give the perception I was honestly being considered.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation (Lincoln, NE) in June 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process. i was called into talk with the airframe department supervisor and a few team leaders. i was asked questions about my history in aviation and some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• basic technical questions. nothing that requires in-depth knowledge.   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiation for pay level can be made depending on skill level and position applied for. be confident in yourself and you should have no problems.

Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation.

Interview

Nothing to add, the normal questions and tour.

Sheet Metal Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation (Lincoln, NE) in March 2013.

Interview

I did a skype interview. Team leader, and assistant manager interviewed me. Easy process, if you dont know something just admit it, dont dig yourself a hole. Be confident. Dress appropriately, even on a skype.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult position you were put in at the work place.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a number in mind, and they met it. No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Battle Creek, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation (Battle Creek, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

If you want to get a job here the best thing to do is be honest. The company values honesty and integrity the most. Give real experiences you have had for examples to how you fixed problems you may have had in the past.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself staying here long?   1 Answer

Negotiation

negotiate

Airframe Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with team lead, assistant manager, and department manager at the same time. Was then given a tour of the facilities and received an offer two days later

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Duncan Aviation (Lincoln, NE) in July 2008.

Interview

Applied online July 3, 2008. 2 weeks later got a phone interview: some basic questions and went over the resume. 20 days later got a call to check if I'm available a certain day so they can fly me out for an interview in person. 30 days later is the interview, they paid for the flight round trip, a rental car and one night stay at Hampton Inn, I was flown out a day before the interview so I could check out the town.
    Interview was with 3 airframe team leaders, basic interview questions like what are your 3 best traits? what are your 3 weakness? How do you handle yourself under pressure?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

my first full time job, I didn't want to negotiate.