Dune London Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Dune London

2.3

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dune London (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

An interview with the Senior Branch Merchandiser, who in hindsight is a real dragon lady- if she doesn't like you beware but be yourself.The usual questions and answer session with a Maths test to do beforehand. I think it was 30-45 mins long. If you have done a few merchandising maths tests, it will be familiar to you. The HR lady was also there. Salary negotiation was nil-they were very firm that the salary was £18k and that was it, which was surprising to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dune?
      Why do you want to work for Dune?
      Why Merchandising?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dune London (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was with another Store Manager from the area, and follow up interview was with Area Manager. Waited 1-2 weeks for an offer after this due to holidays.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience / How do you motivate your teams / How do you react when sales are poor, what do you do to turn it around   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dune London (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

First interview was with HR manager. Generally speaking of the company's structure, vision and an explanation of team's culture. Generally very smooth and relaxing mood. Good thing was they can offer you an early interview rota so that you can be at your current work on time. ;)

Second interview with related teams manager and CEO.

Interview Questions

• What was greatest thing you have done in professional work wise.   Answer Question

Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Dune London (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Appalling handling of the recruitment process at here. I attended a first stage interview and was told at the end that I would be coming back for a second interview alongside a couple of others, and that they would be in touch very soon to organise. Two weeks later and nothing has been discussed, despite me chasing up several times only to be ignored, or told it was being dealt with and they would be in touch. I gave up after 2 weeks, only then did I receive a voicemail saying that they had in fact offered the job to someone else, but were now looking to interview again, and had actually decided not to push my application further. Talk about messing someone around! I was also promised a proper email explanation, that email never came either. -Save yourself the time and the aggravation and interview at better companies.

On a separate note the office location is pretty dodgy and out of the way with nothing around it but dodgy flats - bit sketchy when it's dark in the evenings and nowhere walkable for lunch.

Part Time Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dune London (Sheffield, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Handed in my CV, got a call the next day inviting me to an interview. Interview lasted around half an hour, asked when I've worked as part of a team, when I've resolved an issue with a colleague, etc. Then given a customer scenario and sent to shop floor to find a shoe to match the needs.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dune London (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was brief, they didn't really ask anything. They just want to get people in, they don't really care. They only asked where I had previously worked. No attention to detail whatsoever.
    I felt they didn't really care about me as a person, and after working there I saw firsthand that they don't care about their employees as people. They just want people, anyone to slave away for them and push their sales so management gets benefits.

Interview Questions

• Where I had previously worked   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dune London (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was asked few question, I explained in details my backgrounds and also
    my natural attidude in dealing with languages due to my dregree in modern languages (maybe useful to deal with customers from all around the world)
    After having showed them the abilty to start serving on the floor and being able to move in the stockroom very fast ,I got job soon.

Interview Questions

• I was I asked My previous experiences
      and why I applied for that job   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dune London (Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

applied online then got an email from the area manager to go in for an interview. when I went to the store i spoke to some of the girls because the manager wasn't ready as she was late. so the girls showed me around and one of the girls told to be calm and if the manager asks me to go on the shop floor for a trial I should walk around asking customers if they need help and make sure everything was tidy, but thank the lord this didn't happen. Then the manager called me and we both sat in the staff room, talking about what the job requires, why I think i would be suitable for the job and then we started talking about fashion. I sent a thank you email because every website for a successful job interview said to send one just in case, so I did this an hour after the interview. And then the next day i got an email saying i got the job!!!

Interview Questions

• Q. tell me about yourself?
      Q. why do you want to work here?
      Q. where do you see yourself in five years time?
      Q. tell me when you had excellent customer service?
      Q. how do you organise yourself?
      Q. how do you keep up to date with fashion?
      Q. what shoes do you think is in fashion now?   Answer Question

Dune London Response

Dec 9, 2015 – HR Manager

Hi. Congratulations on getting the role at Dune! We hope you are enjoying your new role and selling loads of shoes!!

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dune London (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Got in and greeted everyone on the shop floor. Was taken to the staff room with the assistant manager and the interview process begun. The interview lasted for 15 minutes then was put out on the shop floor to interact with the customers and help them as much as i could I was being tested on this

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dune London (Manchester, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very successful and didn't take long at all. Applied for the job and the day after got an email inviting me to come in for an interview. The next week i was interviewed on the Wednesday and went on holiday on the Sunday... the second week i was on holiday i was asked to come in for a second interview with another supervisor, however i couldn't due to being on holiday which she completely understood and few days after i got an email from the manager asking to call her when i got home from holiday... so i did and got the job! I was then asked to come in the following week on Wednesday to fill in details and tour round the store (concession in Debenhams) and I started on the saturday! All in all, very positive experience and I can't wait for what it has to offer :)