Duquesne Light Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Duquesne Light

2.9

Change Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was chosen for an interview and interviewed with someone one on one. It was very conversational and only answered behavioral questions. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and confirmed my interest in DLC.

GIS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2019.

Interview

Talked with 3 people. Went through my resume asking about the various experiences I had and projects I have been a part of. Wanted to know about my leadership skills and problem solving skills. Overall made me feel comfortable and interview was smooth. Did a video interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you use R for GIS processes before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Duquesne Light.

Interview

Phone interview, test, drug test, background check, second interview. The phone interview took at least 30 minutes. Then a basic Knowledge test of meters and math skills, typing test. A urinalysis taken at Quest Diagnostic. Then a basic interview.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

HR sent me an email with the job description. We agreed to a phone call to discuss. I was put in touch with the hiring manager for a phone call. Several days later was contacted by HR to arrange an in-person interview. It was a panel of 3, including the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume.
      Describe financial modeling experience.   Answer Question

Contact Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Panel interview with 3 Managers and an HR rep. Scripted questions that were asked in a round robin fashion. There was a "speed round" of questioning -- 4 questions that you were given a short span of time (minutes) to respond. The whole process took 45 minutes. Received email 3 days later that I was not selected for the role. No reason given. Disappointed as from all accounts this is a stable work environment.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Standard 30 minute phones screen. Cold Fusion developers are being transitioned to .NET with applications. The lead is not expected to know CF, but help those developers learn the new language and tools. The two teams are small, three to four people. DLC is another large company that has rebranded with Scrum terms and claim Agile(tm) yet remain in the traditional PMI mentality.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2018.

Interview

Talked to two people. Both very relaxed and kind. Just wanted to get to know me, why I want to work for the company, and how I would be a good fit.

Government Relations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duquesne Light.

Interview

Email that invited me to do a video interview, asked 3 questions. I had to download an app and answer the questions through a video process that was submitted to the company. I was unaware of questions ahead of time, it crashed in the middle but it let me start back up with my last question

Interview Questions

• My experiences with federal policy, and my experiences with government work   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Not helpful at all with assisting in making travel arrangements or facilitating accommodations. Personalities seemed to switch on a dime during interview, depending who was in the room at the time.
    Also don't expect to get reimbursed for interview expenses, as they promise you. You will fill out and submit forms to HR and AP, then will either be given the run around or flat out have communications ignored.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements and why do you require a relocation benefit?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved basic questions. Occurred in the downtown Pittsburgh office and was a panel interview. Mainly focused on what the job would entail and how I as a candidate would be suited for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your familiarity with the Pennsylvania government.   Answer Question