KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Duquesne Light Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Duquesne Light

Duquesne Light

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Duquesne Light

Interview

Standard phone screening, meeting the manager, then behavioral questions. The recruiter was rude and lacked any type of personality. He didn't ask me if I had time to talk, immediately went into phone screening questions, and didn't show respect for my time. The engineering team seemed nice and was very respectful.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had scheduling conflicts or worked with someone difficult
    Answer Question

Duquesne Light

Application

I interviewed at Duquesne Light

Interview

Standard Interview- the interviewer was kind but serious. There was a lot of info given on the job, pretty normal questions, especially for an internship interview. No large curveballs or anything.

Interview Questions
  • Started with the classic "Tell me about yourself." Have that ready!

Duquesne Light

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duquesne Light in Feb 2022

Interview

It was a virtual interview set up through the law school format, which only allowed for a 20-minute interview, which seemed short because it was going so well and the conversations were flowing very easily.

Interview Questions
  • Why Duquesne Light for my summer placement?

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in Mar 2021

Interview

Very casual, went through my resume and talked about schoolwork and other jobs. I then got called back for a similar second interview and a few days later was offered the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Not impressed. Applied, took a 2 hour test, interviewed with 3 people and I never received a courtesy response on the status of my candidacy, even after email or a phone call. Very unprofessional!

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

One interview with no technical questions. Questions were all based on experiences listed on resume or asking about hypothetical situations. Very standard questions about working in teams. Interviewers were kind and made it a calm environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pitts, PA) in Mar 2020

Interview

Intensive. Be prepared to answer a lot of detailed questions and replay scenarios from your current job. Overall if you know your stuff, it is easy. Was about 1.5 hours long.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in Dec 2019

Interview

2 phone interviews, followed by 2 in-person interviews on the same day with 2 different groups of people. The first in-person had 3 individuals, and the 2nd had 2 individuals.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle workplace conflict?

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA)

Interview

I was chosen for an interview and interviewed with someone one on one. It was very conversational and only answered behavioral questions. The interviewer made me feel very comfortable and confirmed my interest in DLC.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in Apr 2019

Interview

Talked with 3 people. Went through my resume asking about the various experiences I had and projects I have been a part of. Wanted to know about my leadership skills and problem solving skills. Overall made me feel comfortable and interview was smooth. Did a video interview.

Interview Questions
  • How did you use R for GIS processes before?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews

Duquesne Light Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Duquesne Light as 65.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.81 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Engineering and Engineer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Intern roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Duquesne Light takes an average of 37 days when considering 31 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Engineering had the quickest hiring process (on average 14 days), whereas Customer Service Representative roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 120 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Duquesne Light according to 31 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 21.33%