Duquesne Light Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duquesne Light Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. Not helpful at all with assisting in making travel arrangements or facilitating accommodations. Personalities seemed to switch on a dime during interview, depending who was in the room at the time.
    Also don't expect to get reimbursed for interview expenses, as they promise you. You will fill out and submit forms to HR and AP, then will either be given the run around or flat out have communications ignored.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements and why do you require a relocation benefit?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview lasted about 30 minutes and involved basic questions. Occurred in the downtown Pittsburgh office and was a panel interview. Mainly focused on what the job would entail and how I as a candidate would be suited for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your familiarity with the Pennsylvania government.   Answer Question

Web Developer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duquesne Light in April 2016.

Interview

Typical online job posting, then emailing resume and cover letter. They took over 2 months to say "No". After submitting the application, there was absolute silence from them until over 2 months later they said "No". Very lame.

Interview Questions

• Just typical online stuff like job experience or qualifications and education.   Answer Question

Work Plan Craft Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

Overall I thought the process was very professional. I got a phone call from the recruiter before hand. Received detailed instructions on what to bring. There was a very detailed application I needed to fill out. I met with a four person panel of those who I may eventually work with. Overall I thought the process is fair and I may eventually get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were sure you were right and later found out you were wrong?   Answer Question

Governance Risk and Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was spread over the holidays so that extended the time frame a little bit.

The process started by performing a phone interview with the hiring manager, which took about an hour. During which, the manager asked about my experience and why I was interested in working at Duquesne Light. He then asked about the soft skills that are difficult to quantify on a resume, which was a nice change of pace from sheer technical questioning. He then explained the job position and what his vision for the company was by implementing this new group.

A few weeks later, I went down for a face-to-face interview during the afternoon on a Wednesday. I met with the hiring manager for a 1:1 interview and also the technical lead for the implementation group, which would be working closely with the GRC group. They asked several questions about my experience in the GRC field, and particularly what I had been working on with my current position. They also asked why I would be interested in working at Duquesne Light, and followed with several questions testing my knowledge of the field, auditing, and practical implementation questions. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Define the three parts of Governance, Risk, and Compliance?   Answer Question

O D Change Management and Training - Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later was contacted by a Duquesne Light recruiter. A week or so later, I was contacted by another recruiter to set up a face-to-face interview. My first warning sign was that when I showed up for the interview, my contact person was not available. I waited in the lobby for almost a half hour until they figured out what to do with me. It turns out the person I was supposed to meet was not there that day and no one bothered to let me know that before the interview - no email or phone call. When I finally got to the first team of two (hiring manager and future peer) to interview me, it felt more like a group therapy session. I felt that they did a poor job of telling me about the position and did more time complaining about how bad things were in their department. I had a very hard time drawing them out to even tell me what I would be doing in the position. The second part of the interview with a manager who would act as a subject matter expert who the position would be working with was a little better. He asked "tell me about a time when" questions. Overall, by the end of the interview, I determined I really didn't want to work there. Being left in the lobby for so long really threw me off as well as all of the complaining by the hiring manager, left a bad impression of Duquesne Light. Then I waited for six weeks and heard nothing. I had to reach out to them to find out I hadn't gotten the job. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL OVERALL.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone you were working with and how you worked to resolve it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The people at Duquesne Light are very open-minded individuals and seem to work very hard. I can see how they value what they do and why they pay what they do.They like to look past the metrics and see what a person really is qualitatively. 10/10 would go to another interview

Interview Questions

• What is weakness that I have?   1 Answer
    • What is a strength that I have?   1 Answer
    • What is an issue that I had with a co-worker and how did I resolve that?   1 Answer
    • What is the most difficult person you ever worked with and how did you fix that?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a phone screen where two people were on the other line asking a variety of questions about me. They want to make sure you are the kind of person that works well with a team and are willing to learn new things. Also, they want to know that you will be dedicated to the job.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with teams and describe one situation where you had a bad team member?
      What do you want out of this internship?
      Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview focused on coursework, ability to work with others, where you could apply your skills, what you know about the company. Was not the toughest interview that I have had. Great company to work for with great benefits. Often can be difficult to get into this company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Duquesne Light (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a Skype interview with a HR employee and HR intern. They were both very friendly and took turns asking me questions about my school and work history along with around 6 questions. Very typical questions involving behavioral responses to situations where there was conflict and when I displayed leadership. Overall an easy interview with nice people.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with conflict with a group member and what was the outcome?   Answer Question