Duty Free Americas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Duty Free Americas Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Miami, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy process, I was surprised because they only want to know if you speak English and they hire you. They asked only General questions that anyone can answer. Being inside an airport the process takes around 1 month, makes sure to have all the paperwork ready the day of the interview so you don't have to come back again.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas.

Interview

it was short, asked about customer service, i applied, and waited like two weeks, then they called and scheduled an interview. In the interview, there were many of us and one interviewer per person. It was in the airport.

Visual Merchandising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Miami, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Application, first interview, second interview. The application asked for your prior work experience, what the qualifications for the job you are applying for are and how you as an employee qualify for it. It asked for your educational background, and outstanding qualities you have that would further improve your chances for the job and how much experience you have in the field of the job.

Interview Questions

• We get a lot of collateral. How would you organize it so its all done on time and not lost if it comes in three months ahead of the deadline display date?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I went in for a short interview. They mostly asked about availability. About a month later I got fingerprinted. Another month later I got my airport badge photo taken and took a airport safety training module. A week later, I finally started my 45 day trial period.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Niagara Falls, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

I have to wonder whether Republican leaders are worried now that Trump’s attempt to pivot, at least stylistically, from the torch-bearing racism of his primary campaign will fail. Or are they afraid that his candidacy will so harm the overall Republican ticket that the party will lose the Senate and some of their House majority?

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Miami, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed by hr and store manager and office personnel, one after another. They asked about my background, pretty much your basics, very important about your work pavce whats the largest volume you have managed

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Hollywood, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with director's assistant first. Then the director came in and he interview me and basically asked me the same questions. The interview was less than two hours in total.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question regarding you experience and your future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erlanger, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Erlanger, KY) in February 2014.

Interview

There was none, I was hired because it isn't how good you are at your job it's who you know and who they blow. Sometimes this can work out in someone's favor, but I should have seen this as a "red flag". I walked into the back room, office, and was asked when I could start.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

The Assistant manager then asked only basic stuff. She was late to my interview but I understand because she needs to deliver duty-free products to the gate. She was so nice. The interview took place in the airport's 'food court'.

Store Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Duty Free Americas in May 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview, they were very friendly and at first engaged in small talk and then started the interview process. There were 2 people on the conference call on their side.