Dylan's Candy BAR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Dylan's Candy BAR Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

Interview

I went during an open house. Interview was quick, only 10 questions, pretty easy questions. The interview was less than 30 mins and I didn't get drug tested. The place seems awesome, it looked like willy wonka land inside!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

Interview

Went to a hiring event, filled out an application, sat down with a human resource rep for a first interview, simple and cutesy kind of questions. Then had a second interview with the store manager and basically answered the same questions again but got to make another good impression. Got a call that night to schedule an orientation for the following week.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Smile a lot and make sure you know what your favorite candy is. They'll ask. They set up is relaxing and laud back. Good luck! You'll like it if you enjoy candy and fudge.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Sent in my email and got a call from a Stephen McGorry like two weeks later. Went in for an interview and got an email for orientation. The orientation was alright. We got to learn a lot about Dylan and her great idea for a candy store but other than that it wasn't very hard.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite candy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

A month or two after applying I received an emailing inviting me to come in to an open interview. It was early in the morning and the kept us waiting outside even though the tempter was in the negatives. Once we had finally gotten inside we all filled out an application & waited to be called by one of the interviewers. He asked very basic interview questions, nothing difficult at all. Some people were sent home after the interview, but, when it come to me I was told to wait to be interviewed by the sales manager. The same exact questions were asked & I was told I would hear from them in a week.

A week went by & I was failed for another interview with the store manager. It was a quick interview just to clarify availability & ask some simple questions. I received the call that I got the job the very next business day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to overcome a serious issue in your life & how did you overcome it?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite candy & why?   1 Answer

Party Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY).

Interview

Found it through craigslist, went to an open interview (there were a lot of people there), had a quick face-to-face interview with a manager, called for a second interview which was an audition in front of the managers (you could sing, dance, act, show paintings/drawings) which i believe was a way to show what you can contribute to the company and if you have the right [out-going/fun] personality for working there

Interview Questions

• the question that stood out the most: "what kind of candy are you?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

They basically just asked me all the questions that a normal interview would be like. Why do you feel you are a good fit, What does customer service mean to you, That sort of thing - They ended it by asking what type of candy I would be if I was a piece of candy...

Interview Questions

• If you were a piece of Candy, what would you be?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

Interview

We waited in line they called us in and ask a few questions and also if we had any particular talent, some people sang a song, some danced..etc

Interview Questions

• They asked if they could give me a perfect job what would i do?   Answer Question

Counter Staff/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR.

Interview

I told him my experience included being an assistant manager. He looked surprised and looked at my application (didn't even bother to review it before calling me in, very unprofessional) proceeded to ask a million and one u necessary questions about why I left my previous job. Since he already stated he thought it was odd I was an assistant manager applying for a counter staff position, it seemed he was asking simply to be nosy and get gossip. And since when is it odd for someone to look for a job,? Regardless the position times are tough. I thought his approach was very belittling and he flexed his muscles.
    The questions were your typical standard unoriginal questions like in a perfect dreamland where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why does that matter for a counter staff position beats me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenging situation you had at work and with a customer   Answer Question

Assistant Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dylan's Candy BAR (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by General Manager. Asked just a few basic questions. Easy and quick. They called me the same day and made me an offer. Process goes fast, even for sales associates. Associate interviews are usually done through open calls. Make sure you know background about the company and have a fun personality. Experience is not as essential as being fun and friendly.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dylan's Candy Bar and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question