EAB Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAB in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and received invitation for phone screen after one week. The phone screening is standard, e.g., walking through resume, why this company, why this position, research experience. Few weeks later was contacted for a 90 minutes writing test and a 60 minutes case/fit interview. The writing test is reasonable and I enjoyed the process completing it. The case/fit interview is also enjoyable, as my interviewee is very friendly and professional. The staff I communicate with are very friendly and nice to talk with. Be prepared that they may adjust the position you are applying for through the process based on your performance.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a research project you led. how would you handle different attitudes towards yours.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EAB (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a 30 minute conversation with a recruiter, who then had me apply for the job and simultaneously offered me an interview in DC. I completed a writing case, then had two fit/case interviews at the office. The cases were simple, but I didn’t feel that I could use my typical case answer format to answer the questions. HUGE delay between each step of the interview process.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EAB in September 2017.

Interview

The process was very efficient and timely, with quick turn around times. Everyone I spoke with was friendly. After submitting a resume, I was selected for a 30 min phone screen.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EAB (Washington, DC) in October 2018.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. First was a cognitive test, and after you pass that, you get an email from the recruiter to schedule a phone call with a manager. The phone call involved two technical questions through a shared screen. It was very simple. After that is the on-site. You meet with two engineers and have two technical interviews that are an hour long each. It was pretty straightforward and they were very friendly. After about a week, I received an offer.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAB.

Interview

The interview process took about 3 months, coding test + behavioral test -> phone interview with coding -> behavioral test with staff monitored -> onsite interview with two SWE. After this, they keep delaying the decision deadline which is negative to me.

Interview Questions

• Find a magic index of the array: index number = element, using O(logn) approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EAB (Birmingham, AL) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online and within a few minutes I received a link to a cognitive ability test. 4-5 weeks later a recruiter contacted me to schedule a technical interview over Zoom (much like skype) with a senior engineer. During this video interview, they interviewer explained some projects that he was working on, and asked me about some of my previous projects. We finished with an algorithm question involving an array including time complexity. A day or two later I was notified that I passed the video interview and scheduled to retake the cognitive test, only this time it was proctored by an HR employee. A couple of days after retaking the test, I was asked to go to an on-site interview at the Birmingham, AL office. The on-site was a very pleasant experience with a mix of technical OOP questions, experience/projects questions, and behavioral/fit questions. The office was nice and everyone was very friendly. The very next day after my on-site I was extended an offer.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EAB (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Like many of the other contributors, I got an interview by sending my resume through a friend who used to work at the company. It was a very extensive interview process: a phone interview, a personality test, a Skype interview, and a 3-hour in person interview and presentation. The final portion included learning a 90-minute presentation with slides and script provided. I was scheduled and rescheduled several times because of travel conflicts which was felt a bit like a test of flexibility, which was hard to manage with a full-time job at a different company.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to convince him of something-- anything-- and then, when I finished answering, he asked me to convince him of the opposite side of the argument.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at EAB (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied via their company website. Recruiter contacted me immediately, and then I was put on hold for more than 2 months because they were "restructuring". I then had a phone interview with 2 software engineers.
    Then they moved me to a Skype interview with 3 more people. I was told by the recruiter that this would be the final round. After the interview, I was informed that I had received very positive feedback from all 3 of my interviewers and the next step was to talk to the Director of IT, which would be "more of a formality". Fast forward a week later, I was informed that my knowledge of databases was superficial and hence they had to pass. Never mind the fact that I was not asked a single question about databases in any of the interviews. After they turned me down, they informed me that the position had evolved from an entry-level role into a mid-level role and this was the primary reason for my rejection. It's ridiculous that they would waste so much of my time for a level that I do not have experience for.
    Companies like these don't realize how much their process impacts their candidates. They do not realize how important it is to communicate to the candidate what exactly the role requires and to keep them updated if the requirements change. Note that I was not asked to write a single line of code throughout the whole process and they decided that my whole Master's degree was superficial simply based on a 5 minute interaction with a person who was not even a developer himself. I strongly urge people reading this not to apply to Royall.

Interview Questions

• Difference between ArrayList, LinkedList. Business Intelligence.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EAB (Richmond, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied via Linkedin not for any specific role, but was later called up to submit a reference letter so I faxed one in. A couple months later, they contacted me for a phone interview and I was met by their manager and DA and Software Engineer. Then a couple of weeks later, I was contacted solely by the technical team and asked some java related questions to guage my skills. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why Royall?
      What extracurricular work do you do?
      Difference between list and map   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EAB (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I have two rounds of technical interview onsite. One with a design related question in the morning and a coding session in the afternoon. My interviewers are nice and patient enough to help you tackle the problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EAB (Birmingham, AL) in June 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, followed by a 45 minute technical screen share/pairing session. On site interview, with 4 employees with a mix of engineering and business, technical and leadership roles.