EAI Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.4

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAI Technologies (Vienna, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The First Round of Interview had three questions to be answered as a Video. It was a one Way Video Interview. The questions were pretty basic and nothing technical. It was a good experience giving the Video Interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a search engine, Tell me something about Yourself, What are your hobbies   Answer Question

Software Innovator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAI Technologies.

Interview

The interview started with one way video interview followed by a phone interview. All the questions can be found here on glassdoor. The phone interview had only one so-called "technical" question, "Estimate the number of feathers that equal in weight to a brick." I do not understand how this question is technical. Anyway, on telling the interviewer that the data was not sufficient, he said, "thats exactly why I want a rough estimate" I told him 2-3 different concepts by which we could have found out the answer, but he kept on insisting that I tell him a number. He cared only about the final answer and did not care about how I tried to solve the problem. The best part was that the interviewer himself said in the end, "This was a weird question, I was not expecting you to be prepared for this anyway." Within 24 hrs from this time, I got a reject. I guess its a good thing I got rejected, I would have regretted working at such a place and would have quit eventually. I guess the guys who actually "accepted the job offer" are the founder and CEO of EAI. :D

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of feathers that equal in weight to a brick.   Answer Question

Business Inovator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAI Technologies.

Interview

A one-way video interview. Four questions. One minute answer time. I experienced network connection problem and answered one question four times which is quite annoying. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made a significant error and how did you recover it.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad you had a positive experience, even if the result was not ideal. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAI Technologies (Tampa, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

One-Way Video Interview
    Phone Interview

First there is a one way video interview where you have unlimited time to research your answers but only one chance and one minute to record your video response to the questions.

Then a personal yet brain teasing phone interview.

.NET Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EAI Technologies in May 2017.

Interview

One way screen interview and answer three questions. The preparation time is unlimited but only one minute to answer your question.
    I explained my thoughts of solving the questions, but there would be no explanation form them for rejecting.

Interview Questions

• Describe how does network work? Design search engine? Describe hobbies   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Interview

I don't think we should take this company seriously !!

I just gave this interview. And I am not expecting any response from them (you will see why).

I mean.. the first round is the one-way video interview (the questions of which are available here in glassdoor). Yes they are the same questions and they don't change them! Anyway you get 1 minute to answer those questions. They openly tell that they are not looking for a "technically" correct or sound answer.. They probably just want to judge how comfortable you are talking to yourself in a recorded video! I don't know!

And somehow they chose me for second round, which was a 30 minute telephone interview.
    They didn't quite tell me what type of interview it was, but they did tell me to have a pen and paper and a computer. So I assumed there is going to be a technical round (a coding round). I also prepared for my stuff in my resume, my work experience, my projects etc. (Uh.. Ya how lame!)

They gave me a call on the scheduled time. He told me that at first he would tell about EAI and then I will have to tell about myself, and if time permits, we will have a technical round. I was like.. Ok..

So he basically gave 4 sentences about EAI which are exactly the same you find on their website. And then he asked about me. So I told about my education and my professional experience, and also a little about myself and the organizations I am involved in. Blah.. Blah.. Blah..

Now comes the super funny part! He asked me if I am ready with a pc, pen and paper. I told ya I have one. And then he asked "HOW MANY FEATHERS WEIGH EQUAL TO A BRICK?" !! I was on the other side of the call, eagerly holding a pen and a paper to solve a problem!! I was confused.. I have heard of a brain teaser that asks which weighs more - a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks? (If anyone knows what answer they were expecting for this, please feel free to comment below. It might help someone later!) He also added that he wasn't looking for an exact count but just an estimate (Even then it made no sense to me)

I am sorry I was looking for a problem to solve by coding something. I had no idea what they were expecting and it didn't look like a brain teaser to me as well. Anyway I told that since they have not given me any data, I am going to assume some sensible values and tell how we can estimate it.

He wasn't convinced. So he was like give me a value - I asked him do you need me to use a calculator (since he asked me to be ready with a pc)? Because I gave an estimate. And he was like why do you need a calculator? I told that I don't know what you are expecting for this and I do not require a calculator to do this. He asked me how I arrived at the estimate. I told him that. And he was mumbling something and asked if I had any other questions..

I was extremely pissed off! I mean we are job seekers. We are seriously looking for a job and it felt like they were making a fool of us. So I asked him, "You said there is a "technical" round and you asked this. Is that round over or you plan on asking something technical?"

I guess he didn't expect me to ask like that. He blabbered something. I didn't care to be nice to him anyway. I said, "Oh Ok.."

The reason I have vividly written the conversation is to share my experience with them. I personally felt that this is not how you conduct interviews or judge candidates. They really don't take us seriously. He was having lunch and conversing with people while I was still talking about my work experience. And we really don't have to waste time with companies like this.

The only thought I had after this interview was the quality of job EAI has to offer. I have given interviews where everything went well and still they didn't get back. That is understandable. But this is definitely not what we are working for.

I read a comment saying that they are a happy family of 50 and they don't need anyone. I think its true. So just move on. Or if you have an internal reference, it might be a whole different story. I don't know. This one interview got on my nerves !!

P.S: The guy who called me had a terrible English pronunciation which was really difficult to understand over phone.

Mar 10, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback! The critical thinking questions we ask candidates in the initial screening phone call are designed to get a sense for how well a candidate can talk through, discuss... More

Applications Innovator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EAI Technologies (Tysons Corner, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Basically this company comprises of around 30 members and they are very picky about the interviewees they choose.

Initially, there is a One way video interview round which made no sense. But later I understood that it was to understand how you talk and approach such problems. They do not expect a correct answer for those questions.

Secondly, there was a online quiz round which was decent with a form of questions on ASP NET and JS. Most of the interviews on glassdoor were rejected at this point. I was not sure how I cleared this round and moved forward but I did.

Thirdly, there was a round where they asked me to present my skills and my projects. The one thing I loved I about this company was they did not expect the interviewee to know and present projects on the exact technologies they use. They want you to show what you are expert on.

Next was another technical round where I had to develop a complete single page web application from scratch. It including connecting to a DB, retrieving data and processing and displaying on the page.

Next there was a personality quiz and a personality interview with the CEO. Yea you heard that right, the CEO needs to be comfortable with you to move forward and he really is awesome and very friendly.

At this point, they would have made their decision 95%.

Then there was another remote round where they would show their projects.

There are many remote rounds because they do not want to waste your's and theirs' time by bringing you on site and then rejecting you. They then call you for onsite.

Onsite, you still have around 5 to 6 interviews with many of the employee's including one or two technical rounds, but if you came till here, these would require no extra preparation. After all these rounds, the CEO talks with you and tells his final decision.

May 8, 2017 – CEO

We're excited to have you joining the EAI Family, and we're glad we provided you a positive interviewing experience.

Software Innovator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EAI Technologies.

Interview

I went through two rounds first one is video one way interview and then one phone screen.
    In phone screen I was told to solve few question pretty easy one and I did.
    But as I have read other reviews, they reject everyone after 2nd round, I really wonder what are they trying to do, I got the same reject after two weeks.
    It sad I haven't heard any company wasting such a time, even candidate time is important especially when they are looking for a job.

Interview Questions

• The also ask critical question, which now a days no one ask for technical jobs.   Answer Question

Mar 23, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback! The first two rounds of our process are indeed screening rounds, so the majority of our candidates do not move past there. However, many many candidates do advance... More

Software Innovator(Developer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EAI Technologies.

Interview

The interview process was a one way recorded interview. I was asked to answer to pre-recorded questions. There were 5 questions. All of them can be found on glassdoor. Have no idea on what basis I was rejected

Interview Questions

• 1) How does the internet work
      2) How do you design your own search engine
      3) Tell about yourself
      4) Your visa status and sponsorship etc   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EAI Technologies (Fairfax, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a recorded videos interview which was not live and then there was a phone interview followed by a google hangouts interview. The also wanted you to talk out your answers as you code. He did give hints and guidance along the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of basic questions mostly pertaining to trees and manipulation of them. They asked a Data structure question, an algorithm analysis question and the likes.   Answer Question

May 8, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.