ECPI University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2018

2.5

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ECPI University (Greensboro, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Current Professor limited the job to students excelling and therefore interview was informal and casual. There were two positions made available for the two students the professor want to have the position made for. Necessity for continued long term assistance allowed the position to be made available through the school.

Interview Questions

• Would you set up a new lab as a Lab Assistant.   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ECPI University.

Interview

I was interviewed for 3 days. I came in for a group interview, was asked to take a 30 minute assessment (they don't warn you about that) then met with the Director for about an hour. Asked me to come back the next day, but complete a personality quiz at home. Met with the team and interviewed with two of the members as well to get their stamp of approval. Then I had to interview with the VP. It's a super lengthy process, but at least you get a good idea about the position by the end of it.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about explaining to students who don't qualify for the program they want? How would you convince them what was the better path for them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ECPI University (Greensboro, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

Standard interview questions. Nothing exciting. I asked a lot more and was lied to repeatedly. Like, lied to. I was led to believe that this place operated in a way that was ethical. I was told I would recieve overtime which I never did (my time card was frequently adjusted after the fact to remove time I had worked). It was a horrible experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NOPE. They told me one salary and then they changed it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ECPI University (Manassas, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

First interview was with the Director of Admissions. It took approximately 20 minutes and I was told I would be contacted for a personality assessment test. I took the test online and was called back for a second interview with the next manager up the chain. After the second interview (again, 20 minutes), I was told I would be contacted for a third interview. This has yet to occur.

The job is essentially a sales position. Advisors are expected to call a certain number of leads/prospective students every day, schedule informational meetings/testing with the students, and convert a certain number of those scheduled meetings into enrollment. All financial assistance and academic advising (course choosing, etc) would be done by other departments/individuals.

Interview Questions

• Why should ECPI hire you?
      Why do you want to work for ECPI?   Answer Question

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ECPI University in July 2010.

Interview

The interview process for this entry level, lowest job on campus is ridiculous. You are subjected to an interview with the local Director of Admissions, then move on to the campus President. If you make it passed them then you have to interview with the Regional Director of Admissions for the entire University and then be passed on to the Vice President of the University. We are talking about a month long process, at least, to get a job that now starts out at about $14 per hour. A little much considering the instructors only have 2 interviews and so do Directors.

Interview Questions

• They typically ask you to sell them something to see if you are going to do it the way they want you to sell to the students. This is definitely a sales job and you will feel like a phone solicitor after your 1st week in the position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The then President liked me and offered me more than I had even asked for. That does not happen now. Typically $14 - $15 an hour.

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ECPI University in May 2010.

Interview

Get to sit down with the Director and/or Assistant Director of Admissions. The interview will consist of questions regarding your background, how you will be a good match for the company, and what skills you have that make you better than other candidates. Pretty much the typical questions we are all use to. A Bachelors degree is required for this position. They feel that if you are educated you will understand the value of an education.

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ECPI University (Manassas, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

Hiring process took about a month, but was fairly easy. If you show persistence, they will hire you. Mike did my interview, he's very gruff and makes the interview very awkward. Then you have an interview with the campus president, and then one with Chad, the University DOA. My last interview was over the phone. They'll also make you take a personality test online.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ECPI University (Greenville, SC) in March 2012.

Interview

You will meet with the DOA (Director of Admissions). You will have to take a test on writing,reading, math, and logic. It is explained to you that it is not part of the hiring process, but it is. You will have at least 3-5 interviews before knowing if you are hired. Ask about the schedule and especially working weekends and nights. Ask about blackout months when you are not allowed to schedule vacations and take days off. You must be a good fit to fit in this unusual work culture. This is a sales position with no bonuses . Raises are based on enrollment, but its against the law to pay employees according to number of enrollments if using Financial Aid, so the reviews are based on adapting to their culture, utilizing their resources, and how well you are enrolling students.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that can contribute to this position ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very easy

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ECPI University (Columbia, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very simple. I had to interview three times though. They first call you in for an interview with DOA and senior team lead, then if you pass you interview with President, then Vice President. Then you take a test, and then you get an hire.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions: Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Admissions Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ECPI University.

Interview

Was called for a short phone interview, at the end of the phone interview i was told to look out for an email that consisted of an assessment, after completing the assessment 3-4 days later i was contacted for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was very general, face to face interview has not happened as of yet   Answer Question