ECS Financial Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at ECS Financial Services

property tax accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ECS Financial Services (Northbrook, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Human Resources department via email about my employment status and what I was looking to do. Followed up with a phone interview, where I got to talk to one of the partners of the firm. We discussed my current career path and information about the firm. I was then asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with one of the partners. The interview consisted of the partners asking questions about my background and my career goals going forward. After a day or 2, I was offered the position from one of the partners. This was followed by a background check and a drug screen. The first day comprised of learning the company manual and meeting everyone at their desk/office.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? and do you desire to become a CPA?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ECS Financial Services (Northbrook, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

A major part of the interview process is applying online, which involves a few surveys and quick tests designed to measure your current accounting knowledge, taxation knowledge, basic math skills, common sense, and typing speed. These questions were fair, and not overly complex.

After completing this process online, within a short time I was contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was with the head of HR and a means to discuss some prior experience.

HR sent me some contact info of current ECS employees so that I could ask them some questions and gain an understanding of what work was like at ECS before the next step which was an in office interview.

During the in person portion of the interview one of the firm's partners, HR representatives, and myself went over my test results from the online portion and discussed my past experiences a little more in depth. I was also invited to ask any questions I had about the firm. The interview felt more like a conversation than a barrage of questions.

The interview process was very accommodating since I was still away at college at the time. ECS scheduled the interviews around my schedule so that I would not need to miss any school work. ECS was also very fast to respond after every stage of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What areas of accounting do you like to work in?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a plan for obtaining your CPA?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your goals in life, and how are you working towards them?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ECS Financial Services (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

2 rounds of technical interviews on .Net, DBMS and current projects