EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS Interview Questions

2.7

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS (Mesa, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and relevant questions. Showed a keen interest in me. Very responsive to all my questions. Overall A+. Five interviews but they were all critical to my decision. HR was very communicative throughout the entire process. This is one special company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your passion for the education market sector.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very fair. Never have I had a better experience. A reflection of the warmth of the overall company culture.

Customer Service Represetnative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS (Mesa, AZ).

Interview

There were 4 interviews. The first with HR. The second with the VP of the dept. The third with the manager of the dept and the last is a final "approval" meeting with all presidents and vp's and ceo of the company. I did interview 1 and 2 initially, then I did meeting 3 and 4 a couple months later. Seems they hired, filled their slot, then opened a couple new slots, for which I was chosen as a candidate and then hired.

Interview Questions

• Experience with computers, server and database management and phone center experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS (Mesa, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

1. Formal HR Call, going through resume and experience.
    2. Simple Technical onsite interview with two persons focusing on C#, data structures, teamwork, strings, agile software development and behavioural questions.
    3. The result is notified through email as soon after the interview is completed.

Interview Questions

• Q. Diff b/w hash table and dictionary in C#?
      Q. Diff b/w static, abstract and internal in C#?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS (Mesa, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

-You apply through their career website.
    -Basic C# code related interview questions
    -Some behavioral questions.
    - you get call from HR if resume is short listed. Then during the call, they ask about your availablity and general stuff.
    -Then you get email for in-person interview.
    - After interview, you get decision within week.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS (Mesa, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Received email assessment with simple debugging questions in C#. After submitting that, I got a call for interview. Interview was pretty simple. They asked questions on basic C# collections, string manipulation, windows environment, along with some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic C# collections, string manipulation and station-response questions.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call in about a week. I was told that I must do a programming assessment which was sent to me via email. There are two solutions that you must work through in order to be further considered. The first solution was to use at least one try and catch statement, and add in an extra class to the solution. How the problem was setup was that they want you to do is read from a text file the first and last names of people, sort by last name and output it back to a new text file. My suggestion on this is to use a list and LINQ to sort and store the names.
    The second solution given to you is to test your debugging skills. The solution is set up to read a hard-coded xml data that’s in the solution’s code. You must fix any issues with the code so it displays the proper results.

After so many days of completing the two solutions and emailing it back. I received a call to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was delayed for about 20 minutes due to the recruiter being in a meeting. The phone interview itself was very short asking you why do you want to work here, and how much were you thinking as a salary. I just said whatever fits in their internship budget, and was told that my data be given to the hiring manager for further consideration. A week later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. I was scheduled the next day, which didn’t give me much time to prepare for.

In the in-person interview I was asked programming questions and personal behaviors on how you deal with certain situations. One was how you deal with a problem that you don’t know nothing about and how you go about debugging. One of the things you should know before going in are list, dictionary, hash table, arraylist, list, and access modifiers as those are something they are looking for.

As I have been unprepared for this interview, I ended up not getting the internship job. I did, however, during my short time there seen how the work culture felt like. As a disclaimer I wasn’t there that long, maybe 40 minutes at most. I have to say it felt sort of stiff seeing at least with one employee bored out of his mind having the “just want go home” look, just staring at the screen doing nothing. The one portion of office that I did see is set up with plenty of cramped cubicles to go around. Just go in with the mentality like it as a place that has the culture of Google or any other place that removes cubicles and promotes open collaboration with fellow developers.

Interview Questions

• Like I said above the most difficult questions would be knowing your access modifiers and your different Generic Collections. If you know about those you should be fine in my opinion.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS.

Interview

A test was sent by email. It was an assessment to debug C# code. I thought it was easy. A couple days after completing that I was asked to come in for an in person interview. There I was asked some personality and simple technical questions. The whole time took like 40 minutes.

Interview Questions

• There were two scenarios with the test sent by email. The first is a bug scenario. The second is sorting contents while using a try/catch block.   Answer Question

Software Support Helpdesk Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiter reached out after I activated resume on job boards. They supposedly had 6 opening for L1/L2 helpdesk for software support. Had 1hr in person interview with helpdesk manager and 2 team leads. 15min phone interview with VP on my drive home one day, and 45min in person interview with CEO, CIO, VP, and HR. Process took ~3 weeks total. After final interview I discussed salary and bonus plan with HR and was presented with offer letter. I requested to renegotiate salary. HR Said they would check with management and get back to me.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult technical questions during phone or in person interviews. It seemed more like a 'feel me out' personality test since my skills were already in line with their expectations.   Answer Question

Offer was 45k salary with auto increase to 50k after 6mo. I countered with 50k salary and skip 6mo thing since I was taking a pay cut to come there as it was. HR Rescinded offer 2 days later. Reason offered was that they 'reevaluated candidates and found some with better job fit.' I call BS on that one...

Software Developer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EDUPOINT EDUCATIONAL SYSTEMS.

Interview

I was sent a test via email, but I was unaware it went to my promotional spam folder. I was then called a few weeks later saying that I had until the next day to take the test. Being that I work on nights, I was never given at least 24 hours time to respond and I didn't receive a voice-mail until a day after the test was said to be due. I called and emailed asking if I could take the test, but I only received a general letter saying I wasn't selected. Most recruiters follow-up immediately to see if the candidate received their emails. There was no follow-up at all and I have not been contacted since for this position or the positions that I applied for afterwards. I'm now glad that I didn't pursue a job at Edupoint further if this is the way they "roll out their red carpet?" so to speak. It's now no secret as to why there is positions open.

Interview Questions

• The tests are really easy. The first is a find the bug scenario and it looks as though there is a lower case letter in a large string and when compared to the case selections, there isn't a case to handle it and C# is case-sensitive. The second test was write a sorter class. You have to read in a text file that has basic delimiting on a list of names, then parse the string after using the line reader. Then you are required to output a text file with the line writer after having the string names sorted (Using LINQ would shorten the sorter code). They also want to see basic error handling with try-catch. It looks like they allow for many classes in the namespace.   Answer Question