EF Education First Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.7

Educational Tour Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

1: Online Application + Resume + Cover Letter
    2: Phone Interview - Exploratory Call, 15min
    3: Group Interview - Panel Style, Office Tour, Introduce yourself with a PowerPoint slide (1 fun fact about you, why you would be great in sales at EF, tell us about a time you were professionally fearless, 2 hours)

Interview Questions

• What would be your sales approach for a new school district? Who and how would you target this territory?   Answer Question

English As A Second Language Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

We first submitted a Resume, then Skype interview was had. Next came the acceptance responses. The overall process went smoothly and it was a stress-free experience. What I appreciated most about the prossess was the simple step by step nature of the application and hiring.

Interview Questions

• What my expectations were for living in location   1 Answer

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was by phone. The recruiter said the conversation would be very casual, and said that I could start talking about me. She asked me what I know about the company, and to talk about my portfolio, which was kind of hard to explain through the phone.
    At the end, I was asked about salary.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy, a bit awkward for second interview. I ended up not applying because of family matters. I am thinking of reapplying though. It was quick and simple. The reason why the second interview was awkward was because it was on Skype and the gentleman I was interviewing with didn't have the video set-up for himself but mine was. I felt more vulnerable to this than other Skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in China?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, there were questions on different scenarios and how I were to handle them. The interviewer would describe a certain situation and I would respond with specific answers as to what I would do in that situation. I then was asked to sell her on a vacation, I did a 30 second sales pitch. The first interview was about 30 minutes long, I was asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• what are 5 questions you would ask to a customer to find them the perfect vacation?   Answer Question

Educational Tour Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive. I found their booth at a career fair and spoke to a recruiter initially. Then I had a phone interview for about 45 minutes a couple weeks later. After that, I was invited to a group interview with four other people where I had to give a presentation about myself and answer interview questions from other upper management members of the company. The recruiter who interviewed me twice was friendly and was very optimistic for my success, but to the point where I had built up a lot of false hope going into the group interview. While this recruiter made it seem like I was more than qualified for the job, the other contenders during the group interview were leagues ahead of me in terms of their prior experience and range of skills.

My advice would be to only apply to this position if you have extensive experience in sales and business management, otherwise going through this interview process will be exhausting and disappointing. Upon hearing I didn't get the position, they recommended me to another department within EF for another opportunity. However, I interviewed for that position over the phone and realized I was even less qualified for that position. I appreciated this recommendation but was confused why they would suggest me for a position that I was even less qualified for.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about a sales role? What position would we not want to hire you for? Describe an experience in which you were professionally fearless. What part of this position do you feel best suited for? What part of the position do you feel will be the most challenging?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Group Interview, gave a tour of the office, spoke a little about company and role, then 10 candidates each had to give a 3 min presentation about themselves, including a powerpoint. then broke into smaller groups of 5 to do panel questions with interviewers, no one on one time at all, everything was with a group.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather take over a sales territory that is 10% up or 10% down and why?   Answer Question

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

(Step 1) 20 minute phone interview

(Step 2) 2 hour group interview with a personal power point presentation

(Step 3) 2 hour individual interview followed by a 15 minute phone sales simulation

Interview Questions

• When was a time you found yourself in a competitive situation   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

First off, I have been in the ESL field for over 10 years. I coordinate an intensive ESL program at my college and teach ESL online and at my college. I have also run ESL summer camps and taught at several abroad. I am also involved in several professional development organizations for ESL and international education. In sum, I am VERY EXPERIENCED. I applied for EF because my college, like many, has a dip in enrollment during the summer months, and EF was holding a camp at a nearby campus. I like to keep myself busy, and even though I was already aware of EF's very bad reputation in the field of ESL and international education, including a lawsuit that was brought on by former employees, I applied because it was a temporary job and a way to keep myself busy for a few weeks. I was well aware that I would be paid way under what I and most teachers are worth. The first part of the interview was a video interview and the second was a 30+ minute Skype interview. The woman giving the interview was incredibly condescending and acted like she knew so much about the field of ESL and pedagogy, which if she actually did she would not be working in the for-profit education sector, which is looked down upon in the field of education as where you get experience only. Real professionals work at a college or university. She was very know-it-all about pedagogy, and some of her statements were contrary to current theories in the field. But I was not going to contradict her, nor was I going to undersell what I knew as someone very involved with the field. Thus, EF lives up to their reputation as a company that tries to act like they know everything and treating potential candidates in a patronizing manner. I would rather get paid the same or more teaching online than be subjected to this treatment from know-it-alls who are working at a for-profit educational company.

Interview Questions

• What type of classroom seating would you prefer?   1 Answer

EF360 Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal. First round was through campus recruiting, the interview was more like a conversation about my interest, experiences, and personality traits. Second round was onsite, met with multiple senior executives back to back, again more of semi-formal conversations about my passions, interests, and experiences than strictly formal interviews. Loved everyone I met, and felt that culture fit was a large part of the equation!

Interview Questions

• What kind of leadership style do you require in a manager?   Answer Question