EF Education First Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Educational Tour Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied to about 6 different positions with EF. Out of the six, one reached out for a phone screening. My recruiter asked pretty challenging questions, and I knew after I got off the phone with her, I was not going to be moving forward in the interview process.

My recruiter soon contacted me, telling me that I would not be advancing to the next round, however she loved chatting with me and she would like to keep my resume on file in case a new position arises that they think I would be a great fit for. I replied saying, "Yes, please do. Also, if it's appropriate, could I schedule a site visit to chat with a recruiter about potential opportunities with EF?" and she thought that was a great idea.

Cut to a week later, I had a full tour of the building and sat down with a recruiter about the Educational Tour Consultant position. After getting to know me a bit better, she told me that the next step would be a video conference call that would last about 2-3 hours, and then if I were to advance, I would come in for an on-site interview.

After I finished my on-site interview, I was offered the job 2 hours later. I was so excited and I was proud of myself for perservering. If I didn't ask to do a site-visit, I don't think I would be with EF today.

Interview Questions

• What do you find will be the most challenging aspect about this position?   Answer Question
    • What methods do you plan to utilize when communicating with potential clients?   Answer Question

EF Education First Response

Oct 2, 2019 – Vice President of Recruitment and Employee Development

I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive experience during your interview process. As an organization with multiple divisions, it can sometimes take time to find the perfect spot for a talented applicant, but it's always our goal to do just that. Good for you for persevering, too! Welcome to EF!

- Emily

Tour Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

I first learned of the company during a campus job fair and really liked the person I spoke with so I applied. During the phone interview, I was met with rapid fire questions and it didn't feel like a two way conversation. I could tell the interviewer had a lot of other people to talk to and was not willing to dedicate a lot of time to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe are your biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

Initial phone-call with a recruiter (30 mins), followed by a technical phone interview with a software dev (45 mins), followed by an in-person interview (3 hours). Had to follow up with the recruiter multiple times to keep the ball rolling – seems like interns were not their hiring priority but they were responsive to my follow-ups

Interview Questions

• 2nd round: favorite projects, 3rd round (in-person): puzzles etc   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA).

Interview

Within a week of submitting my online application, I was contacted for a phone interview with a potential direct manager. The phone interview was relatively easy and lasted around 45 minutes. After completing the phone interview, I was asked to come into the Cambridge office within two days for an in-person interview (one on one with both managers of the team) which lasted about an hour. After the completion of that interview, I was asked to come in the next day for a group interview with the rest of the sales team, which lasted about 45 minutes. I received an offer two days later.

Admissions Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

I applied for the job online. I was then invited to do a phone interview. The phone interview was 1:1 and was relaxed. I was offered an in-person interview but declined because the salary range was very low for the area.

Tour Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA).

Interview

To begin with the process seemed over the top. Four rounds of interviewing is overkill in my opinion. The first three rounds made sense, phone call, video chat, three hours in the office. However, a fourth round for another 2-3 hours was required. If you include transportation both ways, that is over 10 hours. They were also late with a lot of things, which I believe really effected my decision to not accept the offer. I was told I would hear if I made the final round by Friday, but ultimately had to reach out myself Monday afternoon and ask. The same happened with the offer, though the were only about an hour late with that. The part that really was off putting to me was the fact the manager I would be working for personally called me before I even got an offer and basically pressured me into stating if I was going to accept it or not, "So can I expect to see you on (date)?" This seemed really abrasive to me. When I mentioned I had another offer he was irritated and said "You said you wanted to work here and we took that into account" as if I owed them something, which I do not. The recruiters are amazing and kind and knowledgeable, but 2/4 managers I met were abrasive, and speaking with them was uncomfortable and unsettling. I felt like I would ask questions like, "how often does your team hit their goal?" and get run around answers. That being said the tour consultants I met seemed to really enjoy when they do. For me it came down to being intimidated on the phone by the manager, and not really being sure of wanting to do sales. They make it very clear if you are not willing to take a bullet to be in sales, this is not the place for you.

Interview Questions

• what makes you different than other applicants?
      name a time you failed and had to move forward   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First in December 2019.

Interview

It was a very organized interview. I answered several question on a face to face skype interview and was allowed to prepare an video for review. She was very easy to talk to and I did not feel any pressure I was able to be my self and speak about my experience.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at EF Education First (Tarrytown, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

1) received a call and set up an interview.
    2) Interviewed by Justin ( great guy )
    3) I started some weeks later.
    It was a real pleasure to meet the staff. They are all very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How long have I taught ESL, and where?   1 Answer

Traveler Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EF Education First in December 2019.

Interview

I had 2 interviews for this position, both people who interviewed me were easygoing and friendly. I had one phone screening which lasted about 15 minutes, and a second video interview that lasted about 35 minutes. Both interviews were smooth conversations and I did not feel like I was being interrogated, which put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was to describe how I would confront an upset client and de-escalate the situation.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

45 minutes behavioral interview. It was a very good interview process. Nothing too special, just the regular behavioral interview questions. I met them during the college career fair and the information session was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

Interview

Filled out a form with basic information; had to find/recognized minor grammar mistakes
    Had a skype interview-with no video about a week later.
    The interview wasn't long-maybe 30 minutes. It was probably my easiest interview.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle technology problems?   Answer Question
    • How would I address (in an online, virtual classroom) if one student was talking too much?   Answer Question