EF Education First Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy, a bit awkward for second interview. I ended up not applying because of family matters. I am thinking of reapplying though. It was quick and simple. The reason why the second interview was awkward was because it was on Skype and the gentleman I was interviewing with didn't have the video set-up for himself but mine was. I felt more vulnerable to this than other Skype interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach in China?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview, there were questions on different scenarios and how I were to handle them. The interviewer would describe a certain situation and I would respond with specific answers as to what I would do in that situation. I then was asked to sell her on a vacation, I did a 30 second sales pitch. The first interview was about 30 minutes long, I was asked to come in for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• what are 5 questions you would ask to a customer to find them the perfect vacation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EF Education First (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Group Interview, gave a tour of the office, spoke a little about company and role, then 10 candidates each had to give a 3 min presentation about themselves, including a powerpoint. then broke into smaller groups of 5 to do panel questions with interviewers, no one on one time at all, everything was with a group.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather take over a sales territory that is 10% up or 10% down and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

Interview

(Step 1) 20 minute phone interview

(Step 2) 2 hour group interview with a personal power point presentation

(Step 3) 2 hour individual interview followed by a 15 minute phone sales simulation

Interview Questions

• When was a time you found yourself in a competitive situation   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

First off, I have been in the ESL field for over 10 years. I coordinate an intensive ESL program at my college and teach ESL online and at my college. I have also run ESL summer camps and taught at several abroad. I am also involved in several professional development organizations for ESL and international education. In sum, I am VERY EXPERIENCED. I applied for EF because my college, like many, has a dip in enrollment during the summer months, and EF was holding a camp at a nearby campus. I like to keep myself busy, and even though I was already aware of EF's very bad reputation in the field of ESL and international education, including a lawsuit that was brought on by former employees, I applied because it was a temporary job and a way to keep myself busy for a few weeks. I was well aware that I would be paid way under what I and most teachers are worth. The first part of the interview was a video interview and the second was a 30+ minute Skype interview. The woman giving the interview was incredibly condescending and acted like she knew so much about the field of ESL and pedagogy, which if she actually did she would not be working in the for-profit education sector, which is looked down upon in the field of education as where you get experience only. Real professionals work at a college or university. She was very know-it-all about pedagogy, and some of her statements were contrary to current theories in the field. But I was not going to contradict her, nor was I going to undersell what I knew as someone very involved with the field. Thus, EF lives up to their reputation as a company that tries to act like they know everything and treating potential candidates in a patronizing manner. I would rather get paid the same or more teaching online than be subjected to this treatment from know-it-alls who are working at a for-profit educational company.

Interview Questions

• What type of classroom seating would you prefer?   1 Answer

EF360 Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal. First round was through campus recruiting, the interview was more like a conversation about my interest, experiences, and personality traits. Second round was onsite, met with multiple senior executives back to back, again more of semi-formal conversations about my passions, interests, and experiences than strictly formal interviews. Loved everyone I met, and felt that culture fit was a large part of the equation!

Interview Questions

• What kind of leadership style do you require in a manager?   Answer Question

Traveler Support Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EF Education First.

Interview

After a quick phone screening, I was invited to a group interview with about 5 other people. We got a tour of the building as well as an introduction to the company, before we did a team exercise. After, there was a "speed date" session where we got to speak to each of the 6 or 7 managers for about 5 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EF Education First (Boston, MA).

Interview

It was an online video submission, almost like a pre-screening interview. It was four questions, with 1:30min. to answer and then the whole thing was sent to the hiring personal. There was no editing after, no re-dos, but standard interview questions, so easy to prepare.

UI Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a few days to schedule a phone interview. My interview was with a front end engineer. I was asked some behavioral questions as well as some technical ones. I believe the interview was on a Friday and by Tuesday I heard back saying that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between prototypal inheritance and classical inheritance?   1 Answer
    • What does it mean to favor composition over inheritance   1 Answer
    • What is the biggest challenge you have faced?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at EF Education First (Cambridge, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

VERY long interview process. Initial phone call, one group interview in-house, two follow up in-house interviews, and one Skype session with a VP. Overall extremely repetitive and too much time sunk into interviewing. Many of the questions could have been avoided if the teams had communicated with each other better.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when your success or work received little praise - how did you stay motivated?   Answer Question