EFJohnson Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EFJohnson Technologies Interview Questions

2.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EFJohnson Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

I had one phone interview with HR, and then another phone interview with the hiring manager. Then I had an in person interview. The in person interview was 4 hours long, and I talked with 8 different people for 30 minutes each. Several people with made it very clear that I would have to work with some people with difficult personalities. It seemed like a good company to work for, but some facts about the company kept changing as I talked to different people. For example, the first two people that I talked to told me a general number for the revenue of the company, but the third person that I talked to revealed a very specific number that was almost half of what the other people had said.

Interview Questions

• How are you at dealing with people with difficult personalities?   Answer Question

Federal Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EFJohnson Technologies (Irving, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

It took all day and I found it strange that folks who had nothing to do with sales or product were involved in the process; I was put in a small conference room and was not provided any water, or company material, which could have been reviewed during the down time. The schedule was not in order and it kept changing throughout the day. It was like they tried to have it together, but they really did not. I was treated like a "number" and not an actual person. It seemed like it was not a 2 way street where they should work at impressing me too.

Interview Questions

• How do you view EF Johnson in the market place?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience in the Land Mobile Radio industry?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EFJohnson Technologies (Irving, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview process with EF Johnson Technologies was an arduous one that led nowhere. I initially applied for the position with the company in February of this year and the entire process was not completed until April. The position is non supervisory but above entry level. The first phase was to have a phone interview with the HR person who would determine whether you should be recommended to the hiring manager, this interview lasted 20-30 minutes. That was followed by a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, where it was decided whether or not an in person interview would be necessary. The in person interview last 3 hours and I was required to speak with 5 people: the CEO, the marketing manager, the IT person, the hiring manager and last but not least the HR person again. Each of those interviews lasted 30-40 minutes. The IT guy was called in to speak with me not because he would ever work with me or because he knew the position, but because he was friends with the hiring manager (his exact words). Afterward, I sent out the customary follow up/ thank you emails and waited and waited. After two weeks I called the HR person, at which time I was told I needed to provide my law school and college transcripts ( I graduated undergrad 13 years ago). I provided my law school transcripts (at my expense) and informed them the process of obtaining my college ones would be more difficult but I could provide my diploma if they needed to verify I graduated. I was told the transcripts were needed so they could see my grades, from 13-17 years ago...my decade old grades. I informed them I would not be able to get them in a timely manner, as I no longer lived in the state where I attended college and had been out of school more then 10 years, but I did understand if my inability to get them quickly would remove me from consideration.

At this time it is more than a month since my interview and I call yet again. I was informed that the hiring manager wanted to have a phone interview with me yet again. Upon speaking with the hiring manager the following week I was asked was I still interested and given an apology regarding the time the process has taken (business travel was unavoidable). Through out all of this I kept a positive attitude assured the hiring manager that I was interested and looking forward to the opportunity. The hiring manager was pleased, it was stated that I was wanted for the position and was the only candidate that they wanted or had, for that matter ( the hiring managers words). I was informed that I would be hearing from the HR person shortly. A week later I still had not heard from the HR person, I called yet again; the HR person was happy to offer me employment with the company. The offer was spelled out over the phone and I asked if I could be sent a copy for review. The offer was $5000 below market average. The following day I called the HR person, I expressed my continued interest but wanted to know how they would like me to submit a counter offer. I was told I could simply inform the HR person what my counter offer was and it would be run up the chain of command. The next dayI was informed that the HR person was not able to get in front of the CFO but I should hear something shortly. The following day I was called by the HR person and told "I have some news you may not be pleased with". Not only was my counter offer rejected, as the original offer was the maximum that was budgeted, but the original offer was rescinded. The reason for the withdrawal, they didn't like that I submitted a counter offer (HR persons exact words). At the end of a two and a half month journey, for a position that was marketed as one that required a person who could negotiate and stand up in tough situations, I was denied employment for doing that very thing.

Director of Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EFJohnson Technologies (Irving, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

A friend recommended that I apply for the Director of Software Engineering. I applied and showed up 15 minutes early for the interview as is normal. My friend showed me around the facility then I met the COO. I had a 5 Minute Discussion with the COO and he stated I was the right candidate for the job

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can do this job   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EFJohnson Technologies (Irving, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with Hiring Manager, Then a face to face 3 days later with HR, Manager and Director.
    Negotiation of Salary, hiring bonus and vacation. Came to agreement on Salary and bonus.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult negotiating process you have experienced.   Answer Question