EPFL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

EPFL Interview Questions

Interviews at EPFL

2.7

Sort:

Interview

I applied online in response to a job posting. I was invited for a day-long onsite interview. I gave a talk on my research, and had one-on-one interviews with colleagues in the group I was interviewing for. Got an email response in about a week.

PhD Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPFL.

Interview

2 round of interview. 1st skype 2nd at EPFL where I had more of a lab visit with the supervisor showing aroun d the labs and labmates. Followed by a discussion about probable topics for phd research.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding topics of interest   1 Answer

Echange Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EPFL.

Interview

The Interview process was very well structured and friendly. The collaboration with ETH Zurich worked impressively well such that paper work was reduced to a minimum. The instructions on how to get different regustration forms and meeting times were clear and easy to find. The the interviewers were friendly and were focused on the skills. All in all a very good experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EPFL in February 2010.

Interview

ordinary programming questions, general behaviour questions like how did you know our company, what is your greatest weakness, what language do you use best, what is your best job, what do you see yourself in ten years, what you do not like about the previous job?

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EPFL.

Interview

skype call for discussing the background (projects and university transcripts) and few questions on machine learning and mathematical background. Review of CV and recommendation letters. It is important to provide good recommendation letters, to show your research interests to the professor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at EPFL.

Interview

already did my master's in the same research group. There was no interview at the end. Both parties had a good understanding of what to expect from each other. The project was a continuation of the research topic of my master's thesis.

Interview Questions

• Would you like the theoretical or practical aspects more?   Answer Question

Doctoral Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPFL.

Interview

The candidate is expected to demonstrates skills required for conducting research and teaching assistantship. The questions are related to these skills. For instance, the candidate may be quizzed on the prior research projects he/she has contributed to and prior research publications

Interview Questions

• IF you were to choose a research area in your field of interest, what would that be?   Answer Question

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EPFL (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in July 2015.

Interview

There was never a technical interview. Everything was fairly straight-forward.
    I contacted a bunch of doctoral students in-person until I found out about an opportunity.

They proposed a project to me and I accepted.
    In order to join a lab, it is required that you have been admitted into the doctoral program.

Interview Questions

• Q1: What did you do your masters thesis on?
      Q2: What courses did you complete? Why?
      Q3: Tell us about your previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary is fixed.

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EPFL.

Interview

30 minute Skype interview touching on Master's project, specific skills related to project (treating data, software, laboratory techniques). Invited for a visit on site to give a presentation and meet team.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EPFL (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in January 2011.

Interview

The main interview was given by a Post-Doc in the same lab, I got to meet the professor only at the end. The interview process was very relaxed, I mainly had to talk about my previous education and research experience. We discussed then about the project, in order to understand how much I could have been suitable and motivated to work on it.