ESRI (UK) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ESRI (UK) Interview Questions

Interviews at ESRI (UK)

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESRI (UK) (Newbury, England (UK)).

Interview

CV through an agency. Was short-listed, had to fill in additional questions but process was v clear. Phone interview at my chosen time and lasted about 60 minutes with a wide variety of questions. They had checked my CV and my previous two employers to get an idea what I did. Also checked my facebook page!

Interview Questions

• Second interview was face-to-face and requried me to complete a simple programming task. Unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Through the agency.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ESRI (UK) (Aylesbury, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process involved 6 interviews. The first two were to assess my suitability for the role and my skills. The other 4 were to provide people I would work with a chance to meet me and to establish the level of fit. One issue was that people weren't all available on the same day so I had to make several trips to the Esri UK office.

Interview Questions

• Although the position was called Marketing Manager most of the questions - particularly from the last 4 people I met - related to the ability to generate sales leads. Since Esri UK is a distributor of of Esri Inc software the UK operation is primarily about selling software. There is no NPD work; no market research and quite heavy re-use of Esri Inc marketing content. There was some exploration of digital marketing skills - which is essential in this role.   1 Answer
    • There is a strong focus on understanding GIS - Geographical Information Systems. There is an expectation that you have looked at the Esri UK website - and understood the distinction between Esri UK and Esri Inc. The questions are quite inwardly focused. There was also a strong line of questioning about awareness of ecological / humanitarian work that Esri undertakes.   1 Answer
    • The structure of the interview process seemed to be more about fit than skills and there wasn't always continuity between the interviews - so I ended up giving the same answers and examples to several people. Although the recruiter was good - the internal process didn't feel that well organised.   1 Answer

GIS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ESRI (UK) (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in December 2013.

Interview

I did two interviews with different teams the it engineers and GIS consultants. It wasn't very difficult because they didn't ask about a lot of technical questions. The process was very fast I got the job in 3 weeks.

I hope this is useful for you.

ArcGIS Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ESRI (UK) in June 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR manager and technical team leader at pre-arranged time. They called. Call quality was poor. Little small talk. Focus on open-ended technical questions of an exploratory nature. Had not checked or spoken to any of my references. Offered opportunity for post-interview feedback, which was positive, genuine and much appreciated. Feedback highlighted assumptions made which contradicted information in CV and which could easily have been rectified by contacting references.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your knowledge of OpenData   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ESRI (UK) (Aylesbury, England (UK)).

Interview

Competency Interview lasted around 45 minutes with hiring manager and Head of Sales. Was conducted in small boardroom.

Interviewers were probing on areas of interest and note-taking. Went straight into understanding what I knew about company..

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to previous sales experience, very focused about how I achieved targets. There was interest in my degree (Geography) and some questions around how I used GIS and data accuracy in coursework.

Questions include:

About competitors: Do you know why [x company] are our biggest competitors?

About role:
      - What do you think you will be doing on a day-to-day basis?
      - Why do you want to be a SDR? Why Sales?

Competencies:

- How did you sell something to a customer who was adamantly sure they were picking the correct product? What was the outcome and what would you have done differently? (related to negotiation)

- Give an example of a time you have breached what you were supposed to do, what was the outcome and what would you have done differently? (related to using initiative)

- Give an example of a time you have worked in a team that experienced conflict

- Give an example of a time you had to use data, explain how you knew it was accurate and how did you check the accuracy

- Explain how you exceeded your targets

- Explain a time you have not completed all your work in one day. How did you prioritise and how were you able to work to deadlines to prevent this from happening (related to prioritising)   1 Answer