ETH Zurich Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.9

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

I had a personal interview. The offer was after 3 weeks. the Human Resource process took about 3 months to complete. This is because the position was offered in Singapore.

Interview Questions

• career expectations. present a research plan. what would you do with 1 Million dollars?   Answer Question

Phd Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

I was asked to prepare a presentation of the research project I had been working on. There were 3 junior and senior faculty members in the interview panel. The interview went on for about an hour testing my scientific aptitude and understanding. Then I had personal interviews with the group leaders I was interested to work with, where we had detailed discussions about their research interests and the tools and techniques they use to investigate them.

Genomics expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

It was pleasant and relaxed. I was not asked about my family situation (in contrast to other jobs I have applied for in Switzerland). I think their estimation how well I would fit into the existing team was what mattered.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Two rounds of Skype interview. Questions on courses and previous internships. Then visit to the lab, which included 3 rounds of interview and interaction with other members. Also included a presentation on Masters Thesis. Also explained an overview on the project topic. Questions mainly focused on core courses. Why is there a fifty word limit.?????? It is just tooo much.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

It's a 3-level interview process. The first one is submitting your credentials documents (i.e. CV, letter of intent, and references). The second is a 15-30 minutes interview over Skype. The third is a normal interview for up to 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• - What was the thing you fascinated most about your PhD work, other than what you have mentioned in your CV or earlier interviews.   1 Answer

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2015.

Interview

Simple question about your studies and what you would like to work on. Description of the processes available and the time schedule. Information about the period of permanence and the previous your experiences

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)) in February 2015.

Interview

The guy responsible for hiring interns called me, presented the university department, told me what they do and what they expect from me and then he asked all kinds of technical questions, about software, processes, data to be used etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of software would you use to create maps?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview with the project leader at the office. First part in English, second part in German. He asked about my CV and my career goals. Then he gave me some detail about the project and project's objectives. The job involved some follow-up so he asked whether I was comfortable with phone calls in German.

PhD Candidate Interview

Interview

direct contact with the supervisor or through life science graduate program. single interview was enough. work permit could be a potential issue. outcome of the interview was successful and resulted in an offer.

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ETH Zurich (Zürich (Switzerland)) in June 2014.

Interview

Very much focused on my past research projects, the techniques i learned, and trying to figure out in what depth i had understood all of the projects that i had worked on. Then mostly focused on why i wanted to go into that specific area, and how my past experience have equipped me to embark on a PhD.

Interview Questions

• Why ETH?
      Why this [insert specific field]?
      Tell me why you want to do a PhD.
      Many technical questions about past research projects.
      Answer Question