EVRAZ North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 27, 2017

3.2

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

It was through a 3rd party agency, a recruiter contacted me about the position and setup an in-person interview with the hiring manager. 2 days later I was informed that they would like to move forward and proceed to drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• If we call your former boss, what would the 3 things he/she would say about you.   1 Answer

Mill Electrical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Pueblo, CO).

Interview

Flown out to the site, put up in Hotel, fed, and given a test, interview, then relaxed with the management over dinner and could ask questions. I enjoyed the interview and the ability to ask questions about eh area and city and the job what I would be doing with more detail .

Interview Questions

• If you have zero Steel Mill experience what do you have to offer us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, Union. I pay scale.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that focused on behavior based questions. After the phone interview, I was invited to Chicago for a second round in person interview. There were 4 panels of interviewers consisting of HR personnel, Director of Operations and engineers. The interview was a behavioral based, but did ask some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were right, but someone disagreed with you. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America.

Interview

Got a phone call then scheduled the interview at the office. Had the interview with the HR, then a conversation with an engineer, finally the plant tour with another engineer. The whole process from the interview to hiring took about three weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very easy basically about previous experiences.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rolla, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Rolla, MO) in September 2014.

Interview

It was fairly laid back and easy. I sat down in front of an HR rep and a Metallurgical Engineer. They asked me fairly straight forward questions. They asked if I would be willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time in which you had to overcome a problem.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were quite unorganized but I ended up getting a great offer from them.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first part of the process was a phone interview with the direct hiring manager. The next part of the process was an in-person interview on site with 4 people: the hiring manager, the hiring manager's boss, one of the hiring manager's peers, and an HR representative. The interview style was very conversational and expanding on the skills and experiences you described in your resume. The HR representative asked more behavorial type questions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions came from the HR Representative and was "Name three things you contine to work on".   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm happy to say negotiations did take place and the company was willing to negotitate.

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America in May 2014.

Interview

The position has a 2 step interview process. Initially meet with an HR representative and went over high level fit questions, what are your goals, how do you handle controversy, etc... An entrepreneurial mind set is very well perceived at this point. Second interview was very informal and relaxed. Went over the CV and highlighted skills and prior accomplishments. Knowing your way around excel is critical, and know the difference between the financial statements and how they are interconnected.

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many coins are in a mall at any given time?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America in April 2014.

Interview

Multiple steps interview process, went through 6 phone interviews before final in-person interview. Candidate is interviewed by each divisional head. They would like to know how candidate approaches to business issue and what value they can bring to organization.

Senior Financial Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Overall I found the hiring and interview process to be a positive one.

I initially had a 1:1 phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Following this I had a face to face interview with the Hiring Manager and a HR Manager. After that I had a final phone interview. I found the interview process covered a range of question categories from behavioral to questions on previous experience. I felt I was given a lot of opportunity to display my previous experience and the skills I possess. I also received great insight into the role and the company throughout the interview process and was given plenty of opportunities to ask any questions I had.

The entire hiring process was extremely well organised and communicated throughout.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EVRAZ North America (Pueblo, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Initially had 3 phone interviews before being flown to Pueblo, CO for face to face interview. Phone interviews were with CIO in Chicago and other IT managers at Canadian plants. Face to Face interview was with CIO, Plant General Manager and a senior IT engineer together in a conference room. Questions were general background on management experience and technical background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer exceeded my expectation and was 15% more than I was making at previous employers. The relocation package was exceptionally generous.