EXFO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Andover, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at EXFO (Andover, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started with a Telephone screening Interview to determine eligibility. It was during this interview that I discovered that they required more detailed technical knowledge for the position than I had. So, I was eliminated as a candidate for this position.

Interview Questions

• How to handle customer calls when they come in.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXFO (Concord, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They behave unprofessionally in the interview. They asked me to come for on-site interview by email. Hiring manager behavior was very condescending, impolite and unprofessional. He didn't even read my resume before and was trying to read in front of me to ask me some questions from my resume. He was sleepy and yawning many time as i was answering the questions. After 20 minutes of briefly trying to skimming through my resume, he suddenly told me that he was not interested in my resume and i was not fit and not continue further. They could have asked me their questions and interview me on the phone AFTER at least reading once my resume, instead of bringing me all the way to their office. They have no respect for applicants' time and money by such unprofessional behavior. It is very unlikely that i apply for any positions in this company with such disrespectful and unprofessional behavior and environment. From HR and HR manager behavior, it can be guessed how the working environment is in this company.

Principal Software Engineer C++ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at EXFO (Pune (India)).

Interview

Mainly Following things are asked:
    - All C++ Questions.
    - An algorithm was given to program there
    - Asked about Socket APIs.
    - Asked friendliness with working on Linux environment.
    - Asked networking questions.
    - Also, asked some of the core java concepts.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXFO (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially it was good. The recruiter called me and said that she was in interested in my CV and would like to send me an online test. The test went well and another recruiter called me and ask me about my professional experiences. Finally she said that the first recruiter would call me when she returns from her week off. After that they never call me back to give me good or bad news. Very disappointing experience.

Technical Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at EXFO (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The whole hiring process sucks... Took 1 telephone interview and 2 round face to face interview 3 months ago... They told me to wait for the next step and havn't got any feedback yet... I think either they gave the chance to other candidate nor the position has been cancelled.
    No matter how, please at least tell the candidate results instead of letting them waiting forever.

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EXFO (Pune City (India)).

Interview

In December i gone through first 2 Round and Hr asked me to wait for Final Round of discussion .Asked me for my previous employer salary slips and salary structure too.They waited me more that 20 day for HR discussion but didn't get any call from HR. Later i started taking follow up with HR. She started ignoring the thing by saying next week will get call and other stuff after a month i again called them and directly asked the final status of my candidature latr she again started with blab blab... and finaly said we have released offer for other candidate,but we you are also selected and all..we will definatly come to you in future.Who will going to wait for there offer?

There are 3 Rounds of interview.
    1) Telephonic
    2)Face to face
    3 HR

Note- Guys Worst kind of Management, No proper synchronised process of recruitment , lack of communication,overall waste of time .

>> Exfo is really waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Linux, Unix ,Testing, Agile   1 Answer

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at EXFO in September 2016.

Interview

There was technical test and then 2 round of technical interview. I cleared test and they schedule f2f interview and it was for 2 hours 5 minutes. After 1 hour technical test and 2 hours of technical discussion they shared feedback that they want the person who are having good technical understanding. I mean to say the technical panel realize after taking 2 hours of technical discussion. How much time ideally require to check the person technical capabilities, max 30 mins. It was worst experience I ever had. I would suggest to improve ur process and don't waste ur and the candidate time.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to oops, c#, web service, WCF, web api, solid, design patterns, dot net framework, asp.net, sql oracle, windows form, javascript, MVC   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at EXFO.

Interview

The hiring process sucks... I got interviewed for 6-7 times .After 2 months ,they have told me .You are though all the rounds only hr interview is pending.HR is informing the position is hold and after week closed.

Then why these people interviewed for 2 months..these people don't how to hire people.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at EXFO (Pune (Brazil)) in February 2016.

Interview

1st telephonic round, 2nd technical round, 3rd senior managerial round, 4th director interaction, 5 hr round, the process was decently planned and mostly all rounds were time boxed, and the travel reimbursements were also made and they gave more than expected, but the offer letter took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• telephonic round - the technical lead took this round and asked the very basic questions of java core like - armstrong number check, methods of object class, hashcode and equals method usage, 2 nd technical round - he was also a technical lead, he covered conceptual ques in core java like, interface and abstract class usage, inheritance in java, about collections in java like hashsets sorted sets maps, then senior managerial round - he was a very cool and sharp guy - he asked me to write a code to convert a decimal number to its binary then he asked to code for opposite he was impressed quickly and i went through, then the director round - was a very technical simple and calm person just briefed me about the profile, then the hr round - was good and reasonable.   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at EXFO (Pune (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

F2F first. Technical test. Technical test was computer based. some descriptive questions on Mobile Management and 3GPP. again F2F with director and then they decided. it was good and hence I joined!! my ever big mistake!!