EZPAWN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at EZPAWN

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Austin, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Pretty laid back interview, the office didn't strike me as being very professional.

Interview Questions

• What do you think business casual wear should look like?   2 Answers

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2013.

Interview

Professional experience, multiple interviews with different level mgt.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

Expect two to three interviews followed by usual drug screen. Etc You will interview with area manager and hr separately or together possibly with regional director of operations which usually have no real idea how pawn business works. Expect it to take them weeks too months to finish all your new hire training paper work training and pay they promises you.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen? And what would you do if you caught your employees stealing( they literally think everyone is stealing from them). Reality it's a generic store manager interview substitute pawn for all the normal questions. I think they literally take it from googles best interview questions.   1 Answer

Offered way too little money for what they expected. Way under normal industry salary and poor bonuses and raise opportunities!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Nashville, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

They will drag out the process. First interview with Area Manager and HR, then another with a store manager then a 2-3 hour store 'visit' to see if you like it. Might have to travel 2-3 hours to see it live. The 2 Nashville stores aren't busy enough to give you a good feel of how the real business operates.

Interview Questions

• All ordinary questions but might ask one simple 10% math question   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer everyone the same dollar amount regardless of experience or past salary history.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was called in for a 1pm interview, Distric Manager "interviewer" was on a conference call for 2 hours, i had to wait, once i was interviewed it was a "rush" interview as the interviewer had another conference call coming up. Interviewer tried to say i was "riding un-employment" benefits until they ran out, due to me being out of work for 4 months, very unprofessional.

I couldnt see working for them due to them being unprofessional during the interview process.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EZPAWN in January 2017.

Interview

Succinct circumstances and decisions made. "walk me through" how you would handle employees and difficult customer situations. Mine was pretty informal. One on one with DM. Respectful and comfortable. Asked the usual questions asked for anyone applying for a manager position.

Interview Questions

• Management experience and decisions. If you knew how to read a financial. Real situations regarding customer service and how you handled them How, or what could you bring to the business to make it more successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Houston, TX).

Interview

Initial communication was for postings on multiple websites. They email you to fill out online app then you wait for a reply. There was no reply after 2 weeks so I called and they said they meant to schedule an interview. 2 interviews, 1st with area office and area manager, less than an hour, personality evaluation. 2nd interview is with local store for the position with store manager. They don't have much interest so the interviews are too easy. My perception of the people is who they are. Very relaxed environment. Offices need constant cleaning because of the high volume of customers. Work culture is great, but with all companies, it varies greatly with each individual. Each store is run differently from other stores. Corporate allows managers complete control of almost everything inside of their stores Visit a few locations and you can see no 2 are the same.

Interview Questions

• These are basic interview questions such as name the worst thing about yourself, or describe a time when you failed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything is negociable. The employees are always having to adjust to changing circumstances.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

you complete an online application. then you wait. i finally received a phone call and set up a one on one interview. it went fairly quick. say 15 minutes. pleasant conversation the interviewer did most of the talking.

Interview Questions

• Scripted with tell me about a time...and how often do you visit a pawn shop.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

see how much sales expereance you have,are you a people person,can you do other jobs at same time,positive additude,are you able to work nights,weekens.and sundays,half days on some holidays,willing to work overtime if ask

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at EZPAWN (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

One on one interview, in person. Straight forward. No phone interview. Only was called to schedule in person interview. Was asked typical interview questions. "Why apply here", "what are your weaknesses", "what are your strengths?", etc.

Interview Questions

• Why I was considering working at a pawn shop. Why I thought I'd be a good fit there. What could I bring to the table.   Answer Question