East Side Mario's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at East Side Mario's

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

I got a call on Sunday for an interview the next day. The manager was very distracted throughout but super friendly. She offered me the job at the end of the interview.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Barrie, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interviewed in a booth with women manager right away

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your hobbies?
      What position are you looking for?
      Do you have any questions?
      Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

Had a very casual interview with the GM and was hired on the spot for the job. Questions were very easy and relatable to the job. Asked about my experience in the industry.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my extra curicular activities   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well atmosphere is definitely very welcoming I waited for about 10 minutes because I came early. The woman who interviewed me was very kind we didn't just talk about Eastside Marios we talked about school what I want to be when I'm older trips I've been on overall it was a very good interview

Interview Questions

• Situational questions   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply to East side Mario's and not anywhere else like what made you inclined to work here   1 Answer
    • Describe yourself in three words   1 Answer
    • Why should we choose you over other candidates   1 Answer

Line Cook/Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

Fairly laid-back. Met with kitchen manager. Seemed to be figuring out whether I had a decent work ethic more than anything else. No real questioning of my unique skills, aspirations, or future plans. It felt more awkward than it did stressful. If you're nervous, I wouldn't be. Just demonstrate a willingness to work and be civil. You'll be fine.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

Simple interview one on one with a manager. Some tell us about yourself type questions and some what would you do type questions. Informal and nice interview process overall. There is online training to complete which is tedious at best. Person referrals and previous experience are helpful but not always necessary. Fun casual environment for all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at East Side Mario's in March 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. First is to see your skill level and to see if you will be a good fit for the team. Second is simply to confirm, I got offered the position on the second interview.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Ajax, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through Indeed.ca and within a few days I received an email from the owner asking me to come in the restaurant for an interview on a later day. Unfortunately things went a little awry on the day of the interview. I was called near closing time, but the owner wasn't there. The owner had interviewed candidates who came earlier in the day, but then he unexpectedly left. However the supervisor wasn't informed about me. When I came to the store and told him about my scheduled interview, he was very confused and called the owner, who then apologized for the unprofessional act. I was slightly annoyed, though of course I didn't show it. So the supervisor sat me at one of the tables (all around chatty customers and a large TV showing the Leafs' game — so an extremely loud environment), and then he disappeared for about 10 minutes. When he finally came back, he sat in front of me and accepted my resume as he leafed through it. He made comments on my resume, circled things that caught his interest, and wrote all over it, which I actually appreciated. Most employers don't take the time to throughly go through everything on your resume, but he did. I've been doing karate for years and I mentioned that on my interests, which really caught his attention. He even told me karate was what really encouraged him to give me a chance. Very simple questions were asked, though most were about myself: school, sports, hobbies, experience. The restaurant was having openings for many positions, so he told me he thought I'd make an excellent hostess. Everything was set, and he congratulated me on receiving the position. He then excused himself to go call the owner to inform him. This was the unexpected turn: when he came back, he said the owner apparently gave the positions (on the spot, may I add) to the other candidates who came earlier in the day. I got the position…and then I lost it. I thanked him for his time, but I was miffed. Unfortunately that's life. You sometimes win, and other times, you don't. This was one of those other times. All in all, the interview was straightforward, very easy. Probably the easiest interview of my life.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at East Side Mario's.

Interview

There were two people interviewing me (kitchen manager and the general manager), asking me questions about my previous experience, it was really standard. It seemed like they really wanted to hire someone especially with experience was a plus.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at East Side Mario's (Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I did not have to write any application. I told my friend that was already an employee and he let his kitchen manager know that I was interested in a position. I went in without an appointment, and he came out did not even sit down and told me that I got the job.