Eastern Michigan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Eastern Michigan University Interview Questions

Interviews at Eastern Michigan University

2.0

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

After I submitted my application. I was contacted to do an art test. Then after I passed the first round, I was asked to do another art test, which I was to bring to the in-person interview.

Broadcasting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in August 2007.

Interview

Sent in resume. Called 3 weeks later for phone interview then personal interview

Adjunct Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Came in and they asked me if the classes they had to teach fit my schedule. They had seem me teaching in a high school class on the campus during the week and they were the ones who asked me if I wanted to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Do you teach that well all the time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in December 2008.

Interview

It's Pretty straight forward to get a GA position at Eastern. All you need is your buddy there to refer you when he/she graduates. Occasionally you get called through grad school but the best possible way is either to go to a dept and refer yourself or others in there

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Usually it is just a phone interview to start in order to see if you have any experience working in collegiate athletics and if you have knowledge of writing press releases, compiling stats, working with social media, etc. If you get past that point you will likely be invited to look around campus and meet the office staff.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straightforward..."what do you want out of your two years, what are your strengths, etc."   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in May 2012.

Interview

Resume submission -> interview with 3 person and test

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time that you make mistake and how you handle that.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI).

Interview

There was a graduate assistant application that had to be filled out. Applicants needed to include a resume and a cover letter explaining why they were fit for the position. In addition to the application resume and cover letter two letters of recommendation were required from prior instructors from Eastern Michigan University.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview

You have to submit a form online to be considered. If you are a current student like I was all the professors probably have a good idea of who you are and there was no interview. After that they all get together privately and have a meeting before the beginning of the year. They give you a hard dead line by which you will be told yes or no. Incoming alumni and Masters students get first consideration.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview

To apply, there was a lengthy form to submit online, a university standard for all positions. A couple of weeks later, I got a call for an interview. I already had an "in" there, so I knew the people who were to interview me. There was one round of interviews, with three members of the management team. The questions were mainly behavior-based, but not too difficult. I felt comfortable throughout the process. After the interview, the job offer came pretty quickly, within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to work under a tight deadline to complete an important task.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview

Professor knew I was into my field, asked me if I was interested in a research assistant position. I applied through the job portal and professor recommended me. Got the job about a week later and was excited to start.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in working in **field**?   1 Answer