Eastern Michigan University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eastern Michigan University Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

1.9

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview

To apply, there was a lengthy form to submit online, a university standard for all positions. A couple of weeks later, I got a call for an interview. I already had an "in" there, so I knew the people who were to interview me. There was one round of interviews, with three members of the management team. The questions were mainly behavior-based, but not too difficult. I felt comfortable throughout the process. After the interview, the job offer came pretty quickly, within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to work under a tight deadline to complete an important task.   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Very warm and welcoming faculty. The faculty were laid back and genuine with the experience and expectations. They took me on a tour of the campus, made a presentation, met with students in the department, and then went on a dinner.

Interview Questions

• Courses you would like to teach, how you would balance teaching, research, and service; what you would need to do your work and the general questions usually asked   Answer Question

Student Assistant At Halle Library Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview

They called me in and asked me a few questions about library things. Then I took a quick refreshes program on the computer. They took me around to see the entire library and then I was showed how to shelve books. The entire thing was pretty straightforward and didn't require very much thought. If you're an ethical person with decent skills in communication and problem solving you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• What is the library of congress?   1 Answer

IT Business Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI).

Interview

They didn't give feedback wether the candidate got selected or not and they never give reply when we send email regarding the selection. One of the staff told me to send email after interview I asked some questions they didn't reply me.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview

Letter of intent/personal essay

Emphasized on my research and teaching experience as an undergraduate; as well as my future goals, relevant skills, and achievements and awards. I also expressed interest in working alongside a specific faculty member; I discussed similar research interests and the potential to expand and referenced their published research.

Interview Questions

• Academic writing sample (optional)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Monthly stipend and and scholarship for tuition

Event Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

You will be asked by two people. They are staff and manager. They are very friendly and nice. You need to prepare for Simple questions like behavior question and your experiences in resume. They are interested with your qualifiction for this job. You had better give some examples to explain it.

Interview Questions

• How do you like teamwork?Do you have related experiences for this position?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University.

Interview

Very easy process, I looked into which departments needed student workers and went in to talk to them. I was hired by the first department I went to by the time I walked out after filling out my application.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions, just me telling them I had work-study and them asking when I was available to work.   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

I simply sent out an application to the manager at the Eastern Eateries, along with my schedule. He set up an interview with me for several days, and I was immediately hired. It is not a hard process, and they really need people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are very flexible with scheduling, I was able to have Sundays off for my sorority meetings.

Vendor/Budget Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University (Ypsilanti, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a person in another department. He forwarded my information to my now supervisor. I then emailed that person with my resume, and he contacted me for an interview. The interview was with him, and also the Director of our specific program as well as the Director for the whole department. They offered me the job right after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Whether I worked better with a group or as an individual?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a set position for students, so the only real negotiation involved was my work hours.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Michigan University in May 2012.

Interview

Resume submission -> interview with 3 person and test

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time that you make mistake and how you handle that.   1 Answer