Eastern Research Group, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.4

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc. (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in September, Phone Interview in January, Invited on site for interview in February, offered job a week later. Phone interview was position description and resume clarification. On site interview was all day, taken out for meals, was very laid back and conversational. They don't drill on specific topics or background information. Technical presentation was most stressful part, but as long as you know your topic, it's not too bad.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about your background towards job specific skills, time management, technical writing, etc.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go into consulting?   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc..

Interview

Talked to ERG employees at job fair at my university. Then I received an interview a couple weeks later. After that, I didn't hear back about whether or not I got the job. After emailing several times, I still didn't hear back.

Environmental Health Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc. (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

In-person interview with a regional VP and project manager at the office. The interview lasted less than an hour, and the environment was very comfortable and friendly. They were straight forward regarding the job expectations.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was to describe my research experience, and as a follow up, what was the most challenging problem I faced during my research   Answer Question

Junior Editor/Production Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc..

Interview

The process of getting an interview was relatively straightforward, and about a week or 2 after submitting an application online, I was asked to come into the offices for a 1-on-1 interview. The interview itself was typical, followed by an editing portion at the end (because of the nature of the position I was applying for). People in the office were very kind and personable, but it was very disappointing that after coming for an in-person interview, there was no follow up from anyone in the company even to say that the position had been filled.

Environmental Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc. (Arlington, VA).

Interview

After sending my application, I received an email asking to set up a Phone Interview. The phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes. Then about a week to two weeks after, I was contacted for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ERG and what we do at this Office?   1 Answer

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc. (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Series of in-person interviews over two days... Day 1: one-on-one dinner interview -- introduction to company and description of the work. Day 2: similar breakfast interview, then formal one-on-one interviews at the office. Candidate provides a group presentation before lunch. This is proceeded by a group lunch and then a final set of interviews in the afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers may ask questions aimed at making you think on your feet, to demonstrate how you think and what your thought process is like in working towards an answer.   Answer Question

Economic Analyst I Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting center, heard back within a few weeks. Interviewed on campus with one interviewer. Asked some basic questions about my resume, wanted more in depth explanations of what I did in some of my previous experiences. Was very interested in technical experiences over other kinds. Had a few behavioral questions for which I could have been more prepared/ had more detailed answers for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult team to work with, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc..

Interview

I was recruited from a competitor and only went through a basic meet and greet interview with staff I would be working with

Negotiation

There is always room to negotiate

Environmental Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc. (Norfolk, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

It was easy. Nothing to hard. The guys that did the interview was nice and understanding. Had to write a page of a certain topic that they gave me. Easy enough

Health Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Eastern Research Group, Inc. (Raleigh, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was then contacted by the hiring manager to set up a time for a phone interview. I did not go through a phone screen with anyone in Human Resources. The phone interview was followed up by having to go into an office to do a writing and analysis sample.

Interview Questions

• The writing sample was more analytical than merely displaying you could form coherent sentences. They gave an example of an environmental scenario and you had to consider many factors as you considered how to respond to the environmental issue.   Answer Question
    • They asked about relevant experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.