Eaton Vance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Eaton Vance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.9

Analyst Interview

Interview

2 x 1 interviews with general review of resume. Mostly asking about previous job experience and discussing why I was interested in the space. A very traditional interview.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Mostly questions about your resume over the phone. Interviewers were very nice, which made the conversation much easier. Ask about your interest in the company and which stocks you are currently watching.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Not any tough technical questions, mostly just conceptual regarding your background. Senior management is laid back and easy to talk to. Lack of technical questions in favor of personality review and work experience was evident .

Interview Questions

• One example of when you managed a project and how did you resolve issues during it   Answer Question

IT Risk Mitigation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter on the phone. Called into the Boston office for an on-sight interview. Met with a Security analyst, and the VP of security. It was a great experience, the office is right on the water front of Boston's financial district. Great opportunity, culture was spectacular.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Intern position in the accounting department, interview is the future supervisor and a nice guy. She was the first time to interview the candidates, and asked a serious of the basic questions. Then, she introduced about the daily work of the intern position and shared some of her own experiences in Eaton Vance

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two interviews - one with an HR employee and another with the hiring manager. HR interview was a nice warm-up. General behavioral questions about the resume and talking about interest in the position and the firm. The second interview was with the hiring manager. This interview was mostly behavioral in nature with a few questions about the markets, economy and interest rates. I was also asked about my knowledge of the asset class and what interested me about it. Overall pretty positive experience and gave me a good feel for the firm.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Met with recruiter at a career fair. Was brought in a few weeks later to interview in the office. 4-5 interviews with different members of the team. All behavioral and very straight forward. Everyone was really nice and made me feel at east. They expected very little knowledge about finance.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

You sit in a conference table with 3 guys. 2 are very seasoned and 1 who just joined the mangers desk who thinks he has something to prove and will try to trip you up. The interview I had very technical, you best to make sure you know what is going on in the markets and how that relates back to at least 5 of Eaton Vance products. It's a big floating rate and fixed income shop so just look into those products to touch upon.

Interview Questions

• What do you think an internal wholesaler does? What do you think internal wholesaling is all about?
      What recent investment literature have you read? Tell us about it…
      What is your favorite EV product?
      What is duration?
      So you put on your resume you have in-depth knowledge of the markets, expand on that.
      Ask market questions: (ex) What is the 10 yr treasury doing?
      Ask technical questions: (ex) What is the difference between maturity and duration? Value and growth?

Going back to the young guy wanted to prove himself, I got who is your favorite economist, why and how does his views match up with todays current economy   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Eaton Vance in September 2015.

Interview

Very efficient, two days total on site, both times interviewing with 3 people in the same visit, including the hiring manager, the hiring manager's peers, team members, and the hiring manager's management. Their IT teams are small and the organization is very flat, so it seems like there is little risk in becoming a cog buried in the organization. I was asked to meet with the hiring manager's management, all the way to the CIO which is only two levels above.

Interview Questions

• Describe something that did not go well in the past while you are an assignment, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

typical interview process, interviewed with 4 people. there were some written tests and an excel test. honestly a little disappointed. questions were boring and not at all behavioral. made the company seem stagnant and not innovative at all. I also had a foreign language on my resume and they told me, day of, that I would have an interview in that language (a heads up would've been appreciated).