Eaton Vance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 24, 2017

2.8

Bank Loan Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the ECCD event in Boston. It was really just a half hour of plain conversation and some resume questions. They seemed to just want to get to know you, since they emphasized that they will give you the necessary training.

Global Portfolio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Took very long time, around 3 months. People are really nice, culture is good. Not a quant company. Fundamental based mutual fund. The interview took a whole day and contained meetings with 9 people.

Interview Questions

• Explain why do MBS securities have negative convexity.   1 Answer

Global Quantitative Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through college website and had a phone interview. The college recruiter and the interview were nice. The process took 2 days and it was very smooth.
    I thought the position is for industrial engineers. But, most of the questions are related to computer science.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are about the computer science projects on my resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview as step 1 and F2F as step 2. Almost no technical questions in telephone interview, the manager wanted to hear buzzword and evaluate communication skills.
    F2F duration was only 30 min, in which they will call you in 1 room with 6 other employee, who will just watch you and will not ask any question. The manager will open up the project code and will ask how you will improve it. Other than that no technical questions. For me, the project was a starter template of Asp.Net MVC in which they wanted to add, new JS framework ( angular) but didn't want to remove any razor pages that are already present. All the code was written in the controller(even Db access). No separation of concerns other than what MVC already provided.

The project was suited for a mid-junior level developer working only in an Asp.Net environment with exposure to jQuery.

Analyst Interview

Interview

2 x 1 interviews with general review of resume. Mostly asking about previous job experience and discussing why I was interested in the space. A very traditional interview.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Mostly questions about your resume over the phone. Interviewers were very nice, which made the conversation much easier. Ask about your interest in the company and which stocks you are currently watching.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Not any tough technical questions, mostly just conceptual regarding your background. Senior management is laid back and easy to talk to. Lack of technical questions in favor of personality review and work experience was evident .

Interview Questions

• One example of when you managed a project and how did you resolve issues during it   Answer Question

IT Risk Mitigation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Eaton Vance.

Interview

Contacted by campus recruiter on the phone. Called into the Boston office for an on-sight interview. Met with a Security analyst, and the VP of security. It was a great experience, the office is right on the water front of Boston's financial district. Great opportunity, culture was spectacular.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Intern position in the accounting department, interview is the future supervisor and a nice guy. She was the first time to interview the candidates, and asked a serious of the basic questions. Then, she introduced about the daily work of the intern position and shared some of her own experiences in Eaton Vance

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Eaton Vance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Two interviews - one with an HR employee and another with the hiring manager. HR interview was a nice warm-up. General behavioral questions about the resume and talking about interest in the position and the firm. The second interview was with the hiring manager. This interview was mostly behavioral in nature with a few questions about the markets, economy and interest rates. I was also asked about my knowledge of the asset class and what interested me about it. Overall pretty positive experience and gave me a good feel for the firm.